Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/sinKEVitch/status/929769638271115265

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
i thought yellow was military, what with all those SUPPORT ARE TROOPS ribbons.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Yea, that one is the one that """Ukranian Rebels""" brought down.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

DoktorLoken posted:

From what I’ve seen just about every reserve component does formations w/ covers on indoors. :smug:

yea, well they gotta be able to wear it some time otherwise it's just wasted money

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Mister Speaker posted:

Speaking of stolen valor, this happened on my local bus route here in Toronto. I didn't shoot this video or have anything to do with the situation, but I have met this guy and he always struck me as full of poo poo. He hangs around local music venues in fatigues with questionable rank insignia and dumbass moto patches, and talks a whole bunch of trash. He spotted my 5.11 boots or backpack or something once and went on a tirade of unsolicited 'tactical advice' that even I as a civilian knew was bullshit but I played along because he's clearly unhinged and I've seen him get aggressive and threatening before. He's told friends of mine wildly different 'career stories' including being in Delta Force, or "a Private in JTF2," lol. His FB profile is littered with vanity poses with airsoft guns and CoD 'ghost' masks.

Anyway I figured you guys would get a kick out of this. I'm already 99% sure he's a phony, but at the end of this video he states his 'military ID' and I don't know enough to know if that sounds fake. Thoughts?

Calling your service number a member id strikes me as odd. But from what I could tell it had the right amount of numbers and letters. Service numbers go “A11 111 111”.

My money is on pog who got fed up with “Oh wow! You were in the army?? What’d you do?” “Admin clerk/cook/etc” “oh...” and lied about being infantry and got some good reactions and the lie snowballed. I know of at least one person this happened to.

Out of morbid curiosity, do you know the ranks he was wearing?