Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

As pointed out in the drunk thread you can see one of his teeth fly out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Police showed up shortly after, woke him up, asked if he'd like to file a report, and he declined, removed his armband, and went home.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

tastefully arranged labia posted:

we're still here nearly twenty years on

4chan is a somethingawful spinoff. they're the worst of what is inside all of us.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

All of trump’s penthouses are gilded as gently caress because he imagines himself a vanderbilt or rockafeller even though he’s not even a real billionaire.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Is that Jezza in the dickmobile?

Looks like it to me!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Wasabi the J posted:

That can't be real...

its not

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

https://twitter.com/HumansOfLate/status/1021418552191045632

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I grew up in rodeo country. One of the biggest things I remember is that you could go sign up for skoal and copenhagen mailing lists and they’d give you a free log of dip. I never liked it, but rednecks love it.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Scratch Monkey posted:

Being a lawyer is %50 knowing what papers to file and when and %50 actually filing them. 80% of that is done by your office's para-legals.

Nah, not really. It depends largely on your field of work.

Kawasaki Nun posted:

lol their are some genuinely loving stupid lawyers at my school who have drunk some type of kool aid and can barely communicate with regular human beings. Not because they're discussing complex topics mind you. It's because they're fully loving detached from reality

I tried to warn you. It gets worse.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

that was loving hilarious

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

If you haven't yet go check out the last 4-5 pages of the CSPAM venezuela thread because it's turned into an amazing photoshop Guiado into political failures thread.

A personal fav:

But really, there are so many.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

wtf is a petty officer anyways

Centuries ago back in the days of sail, there wasn't any sort of enlisted rank on the ship. Everyone was subordinate to the officers who were all some sort of nobility. Old salty sailors eventually were called petite officers as a way to signify that they were senior among the sailors. They were literally "little officers" in title. This eventually grew into further ranks and specializations with chief petty officers on top.

All the navies of the world have basically the same enlisted and officer ranks. you start as a seaman, at some point you become a little officer, and then eventually a chief. officers have some sort of midshipman/ensign, lieutenant, captain, commodore, admiral progression.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Mustang posted:

The officer and enlisted divide seems a lot.... stricter?.... in the Marines and Navy compared to the Army. The Air Force on the other hand will have an E2 talking to a LTC about how their weekend was.

Just my impressions from my brief experiences working with the other services.

Navy ships have massive divides. Officers do not berth or eat with the crew. SNCOs have their own berthing and tree fort as well.

It's possible as an officer on some navy ships to only have interactions with enlisted people when they serve you in the wardroom or when you walk past them cleaning something in a passageway.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Flying_Crab posted:

is it intelligible to a modern Hebrew speaker? Or is it like Old English where it's basically unreadable?

It's not like old english. The biggest issue, iirc, is the lack of vowels in written older hebrew.

Old english is an old germanic language spoke in mainland europe a few thousand years ago. Old english is mutually intelligible with the modern Frisian language. The shift from old to more modern english happened after the massive injection of french following the normal conquest in 1066. The ruling class all spoke french, and if began to filter down and blend with the common tongue until the bastard language we have was born.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

Just clippin coupons in the stock market over here

Are you familiar with the term 'coupon' when it comes to securities? The term exists because to collect on any instrument with routine payments you had a literal coupon book that you would snip and send in to redeem.

Joe's fault here is using an antiquated term. His whole point is that stock market gambling shouldn't get preferential tax treatment. He is awful at conveying that message, and I don't believe he would actually do anything to put forth meaningful tax reform like that. Biden sucks for a lot of reasons. I just don't hate on him for the coupon statement since I interact with the term a lot more now.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

McNally posted:

Is hotlinking still considered bad?

Nah. Hasn't been for years.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

man remember every time you posted on SA thinking “wonder what this will get probated for” in case you forgot to capitalize or use a period lol

That poo poo was a ban when I first started posting. Things have changed quite a bit.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

EBB posted:

jeneane garofolo has never not been annoying

She’s good in marvelous mrs maisel, imo.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Mcnally is the terminal lance boot marine lieutenant except a mod.

https://terminallance.com/2010/02/02/terminal-lance-9-the-natural-age-progression-of-a-weapons-platoon-commander/

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Handsome Ralph draws a lot of water in this forum. You don't draw poo poo, Pook. Now we got a nice, quiet little online community here, and I aim to keep it nice and quiet. So let me make something plain. I don't like you sucking around, bothering our posters, Pook. I don't like your jerk-off name. I don't like your jerk-off face. I don't like your jerk-off behavior, and I don't like you, jerk-off. Do I make myself clear?

:lol:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Kelly is the loving best:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The Valley Stared posted:

That should be Jone Paul Jones' quote since he was the one that actually said that.

Ben Franklin seriously didn't have any good fighting quotes?

Franklin was a lover not a fighter.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

https://twitter.com/supership79/status/1308073383242932224

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I liked the M9 and was a drat good shot with it.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Garrison is out of hope, but definitely still wants to impress trump by drawing him with big powerful hands.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

pantslesswithwolves posted:

https://twitter.com/hidingmytag/status/1379382283946360836?s=20

This is incredible and can confirm that Jorp got mad about it.

https://twitter.com/ParkerMolloy/status/1379404412771254273

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Ahem, the video clearly show's we're peerless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford