Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

icantfindaname posted:

why does britain care so much about russia? isn't theresa may one of the dreaded Right-Wing Populists herself? are you guys just really mad they're bidding up housing prices in london? or maybe the liberal internationalist warhawk impulse is so strong even something as trifling as a far-right government can't touch it?
Shut your loving face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

mfcrocker posted:

Well, we all survived January 2017. Maybe this is the month for the sweet release of death.

Please don't say that, I'm in hospital right now, and happy to note the staff are better than we deserve. Two things I have learned: I) Shouting ' Get your hands off me, you black bastard' does not assure preferential service and II) Catheters are the work of the devil, and I wish them to every Tory.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Trickjaw posted:

Please don't say that, I'm in hospital right now, and happy to note the staff are better than we deserve. Two things I have learned: I) Shouting ' Get your hands off me, you black bastard' does not assure preferential service and II) Catheters are the work of the devil, and I wish them to every Tory.

why are you calling the staff black bastards?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Trickjaw posted:

it was a bit shocking to learn just how wide they are when i visited my dad in hospital

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

JFairfax posted:

how else would they know? :confused:

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

icantfindaname posted:

why does britain care so much about russia?
The secret is that most don't.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Oberleutnant posted:

Shut your loving face

it's a real question though. does may have significant neocon impulses?

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
I don't think she's had an impulse in her life. That's why she stayed as Home Sec for 6 years.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Trickjaw posted:

NHS staff are loving great, won't catch me disputing that, but not even they'll save you from the impending apocalypse.

Sorry about your catheter.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

JFairfax posted:

Bantz, in it. For the record, I was not the old boy (who has Alzheimer's)

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

Baron Corbyn posted:

But fore means "in the front of"?

There's a difference between the meaning of words and their historic derivation.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

big scary monsters posted:

Pretty good speech to be honest, strange to find yourself more in agreement with a Tory minister than the Labour leader on this issue.

Ex-minister. No way is he being allowed anywhere near the current government

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Trickjaw posted:

Bantz, in it. For the record, I was not the old boy (who has Alzheimer's)

He probably voted Brexit. Tie a knot in his catheter.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Jedit posted:

He probably voted Brexit. Tie a knot in his catheter.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2016/oct/24/former-socceroo-steve-herczeg-died-after-catheter-connected-to-oxygen-coroner-told

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Christ, that poor bastard...

How similar looking are the tubes that something like this could happen?

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
My mother has hired an immigration lawyer. Hopefully things go smoothly.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

:stare:

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

That reads like some sort of isis execution. Horrific.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Coohoolin posted:

My mother has hired an immigration lawyer. Hopefully things go smoothly.

I'll keep everything crossed.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

WeAreTheRomans posted:

Youd give your forename first if you met someone though, QED.

Bond James Bond?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Tesseraction posted:

This is why I was always told to follow a wire back to its source before hooking it up. I imagine the same goes for tubes, if it's going into a dick, it's probably not the oxygen tube.

Ora Tzo
Feb 26, 2016

HEEEERES TONYYYY
You British folk best keep out... accidents do happen...

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

This is why I was always told to follow a wire back to its source before hooking it up. I imagine the same goes for tubes, if it's going into a dick, it's probably not the oxygen tube.

*follows tube all the way to a wall socket* "how the fu-"

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Better than following a length of twin and earth and finding it coming out of an Aussie's pecker.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I see we share tastes in adult films.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Tesseraction posted:

*follows tube all the way to a wall socket* "how the fu-"

I don't know if it was your intention, but thank you for reminding me that the Wetherspoons Piss Dungeon is a thing that existed. I needed a laugh/:psyduck: this morning.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Tesseraction posted:

they're both clear tubes but different enough sizes that it would take some effort to mix them up

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Now free of tubes, thankfully before reading all that. I cantvremeber the name but it rather amazes me people get off on it, but then again I'm not into pig gobs or children, so what do I know? With luck, out today and no bed blocking. Endoscopy and home with one night stay, practically Aryan in efficiency.

haakman
May 5, 2011

Trickjaw posted:

Just wait til they pull it out...

Laradus
Feb 16, 2011
I hope wish that it all goes well and you'll be able to leave Trickjaw.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

First Northern Ireland polling results show a marginal shift

https://mobile.twitter.com/LucidTalk/status/826739905720152064

The power of political inertia

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

Trickjaw posted:

I cantvremeber the name but it rather amazes me people get off on it

I believe you're thinking of "Urethral Sounding"

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Tesseraction posted:

Iirc from what people were saying when this happened is that they're different enough that even connecting them would take quite a bit of effort

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

haakman posted:

Just wait til they pull it out...

Can confirm that the removal of a catheter really loving hurts.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Dead Goon posted:

Can confirm that the removal of a catheter really loving hurts.

Last time I had a catheter out I had other concerns. I barely noticed. They also told me when I asked for a piss bottle that I might feel like I needed to go for a while but wouldn't be able to, and were surprised when they almost had to get another bottle.

On the other hand, or possibly the other penis, gently caress catheters.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops
In reply to the last thread:

Yeah, I think the job of explaining why the referendum was bad on the basis of stuff that's wrong with general elections too is harder, but I do also think general elections are pretty poo poo. Democracy relies on a well informed population making decisions, and as a whole we're not well informed, we barely ever get a near-totality of the population involved, and the degree to which any decisions made are accurately represented is also pretty tenuous. By far the biggest flaw with democracy is that it's thoroughly compromised by partisan press and sheer bloody ignorance, but this isn't to say we don't have other deep flaws someone probably should've addressed before we stopped off at tiny train world.

StoicFnord
Jul 27, 2012

"If you want to make enemies....try to change something."

College Slice

icantfindaname posted:

why does britain care so much about russia?

A few of us are a bit peeved that they kinda have a habit of killing people in Britain, sometimes with polonium. It kinda rubs us up the wrong way.

There's also the invading neighbouring countries thing. I'm sure nothing bad happens following a country wanting a bit of room to live by expanding, eh?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jedit posted:

On the other hand, or possibly the other penis, gently caress catheters.

I know it's poor form to kink shame, but steady on lad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
The PMQs Zinger of the Week™: May about Corbyn - "He can lead a protest, I'm leading a country."

• Locked thread