Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Pissflaps posted:

If she were alive she'd probably reassign that accolade to Jeremy Corbyn.

probably not since blair left the labour party in such a state that corbyn became leader

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

hillary is a womans name

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Gort posted:

There's also that whole "Lead us into a war based on lies, causing the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people" thing.

these are acceptable losses if labour gets in government

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

Erm, no I'm not sure they are.

its ok they're in another country

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

coincidentally what the labour party really need atm is blair to come back

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i don't believe stewart lee has ever explained concisely

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Yorkshire Tea posted:

The question then is what Brown could have done and my thought is "Push for Dodd Frank but ahead of the thing that made Dodd Frank exist."

Good thing trump has repealed this while being helpfully watched by a former Goldman Sachs COO

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

what are the odds that Hunt will actually turn up to answer the urgent question in commons?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

jBrereton posted:

Because they aren't the same policies by a long stretch, and the 90 or so % of (elected, mind you) MPs who no-confidence'd Corbyn know that just as much as they know he's poison for the party.

its a shame they all are as well. what a miserable state the PLP is in

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Pissflaps posted:

Do you think Labour would be better off without MPs?

No i think labour would be better off with good, capable MP's

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Pissflaps posted:

In what way do you find labour MPs bad and incapable?

the main one being their inability to run a candidate capable of beating some no hoper like corbyn

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Kokoro Wish posted:

Two failed general elections?

2010 was always going to be a loss but the 2015 GE for sure

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

mfcrocker posted:

A Tory government is a big bunch of poo poo, but I have no interest in having Tory-lite either. That got us nowhere.

based on what they were promising it got us a tory majority

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

hmmm

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

remember when the last labour government against the wishes of its advisers reclassified weed to B after they themselves made it class C lol

Regarde Aduck posted:

You're pathetic. Reduced to asking a war criminal to make things right. Sod yourself off. Grab yourself by the collar and throw yourself out into the darkness. Bad lovely man.

millions dead is worth it to pissflaps if labour win the election

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

imagine the government hadn't spunked £20bn minimum on the iraq/afghanistan wars

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I was broadly accepting of the reasoning for voting to trigger Article 50, but I'm curious as to whether there is any good justification for voting this down.

Lady Hayter posted:

With regard to free movement, we cannot simply airbrush this from the referendum decision. For if we turn round to those who voted out, and we say ‘yes we are out, but actually we are still having everything exactly as it was, we are still having free movement unchanged’, I think that might emit some surprise.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I don't really see anything other than a very hard brexit as this point

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/stevenmorris20/status/836518663389855744?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Carecat posted:

How do we employ 10,000 people between MI5 and GCHQ? That's nearly half the number of the Pentagon which has an enormous military and bloated military spending. No wonder it costs us over 1 billion a year.

you need a lot of people to spy on everyone through their laptop webcam while they wank

• Locked thread