Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
haakman
May 5, 2011

Trickjaw posted:

Please don't say that, I'm in hospital right now, and happy to note the staff are better than we deserve. Two things I have learned: I) Shouting ' Get your hands off me, you black bastard' does not assure preferential service and II) Catheters are the work of the devil, and I wish them to every Tory.

Just wait til they pull it out...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haakman
May 5, 2011
On the subject of racism I'd just like to share an anecdote. Was supply teaching today - year 11 computing. Notice a kid has a badge on. Eagle shaped. Innocent me thinks it's the double headed eagle of the Imperium of Man. It only had one head though. Now I'm a history teacher so after close inspection could clearly see it was a Reichsadler. Kid doesn't really explain but at the end of the lesson pops up and hands me a leaflet... British Fascist Party or something like that. Holy gently caress.

Needless to say - straight to PREVENT.This poo poo is in our schools.

haakman
May 5, 2011

Guavanaut posted:

On the 'white schools' thing, aren't working class white boys still the worst performers in education other than travellers? Does that make the 'white' schools perform worse? That seems to be the case with school rankings within Leicester, but most of those are catchment area schools and not ones that parents get to select.

Are there any studies about how more segregated school environments affect students?

Not exactly what you want but this might be of interest:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/399005/SFR06_2015_Text.pdf

haakman
May 5, 2011
New Labour took lots of their ideology from Giddens - fair enough. It's third way stuff (really though I shouldn't say ideology because third wayism is defined by its lack of ideology).

However it also took influence from Charles Murray. You should look him up. I'm sure the walking, physical embodiment of a PPE degree known as Ronya might have some words about him. He's basically a monster. There's a direct line from him to Reagan, Thatcher and then Blair. He particularity doesn't like single mums or the 'underclass' as he terms it.

Frankly, I'd rather vote for a cock and sickle.

Also there's the whole million dead Iraqis. Yeah, that stretches the perfect being the enemy of good for me.

haakman fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Feb 24, 2017

haakman
May 5, 2011

Breath Ray posted:

Those places are ok for a stag weekend but they're hardly long term options!

Still, thanks for visiting and don't let the ferry door fail to close properly on your way out.

Paris, Vienna, Rome; Florence, Athens...

You are a pound-shop Pissflaps.

• Locked thread