Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Lord of the Llamas posted:

It's worth remember the attacks started before day 1. Also that Jamie Reed is the MP who publicly and loudly resigned from the shadow cabinet during Corbyn's first victory announcement. But does anyone seem to think Jamie Reed's militant opposition to Corbyn hurt Labour's chances in Copeland after he resigned? Not a peep.

Are you saying Jamie Reed was so popular he convinced Labour voters locally that Corbyn bad and to stop voting Labour?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

But we can continue to blame it all on Corbyn I guess.

i dove deep into the data and i think i've found a pattern :colbert:

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

i think i've figured out the secret to electoral success. hold my pint

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Then 1997 had the lowest turnout since 1945. Followed by a staggering 10 point drop in turnout in 2001.

What a loving inspirational man.

You can always graph the raw votes too

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Is there any good reason why filibusters exist? If people don't want to engage in a debate or allow a vote then make them gently caress off out the room.

In the UK it's pretty much isolated to private members bills. Programme motions and the guillotine, which has fallen out of practice, kills filibusters for any government bills

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

People defend talking out private members bills cause very few people bother with them and a handful of mps can push through motions with barely anyone present, so being unable to stop someone chatting with a simple move to closure (which requires 100 MPs present) is meant to shut down motions with bad attendance

According to the people that do it anyway

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Well I guess Lords reform is technically a win for Labour

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Didn't Miliband propose giving workers a statutory right to launch purchase bids if a company was put up for sale and guaranteed time to raise funds to match counter bids

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

This will probably be one of those times when the selection process is more contentious than the vote

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Only because they think that haven't bought enough water canons

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Jeremy "Mad Dog" Corbyn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Breaking News: PMQs took a turn for the worse today as Jeremy Corbyn took of his shirt and dared May to hit him square in the stomach with the Mace, loudly proclaiming that he would happily "take" any member of the Tory frontbench

• Locked thread