Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Spangly A posted:

for fucks sake how do you believe that stupid poo poo? it's a larger economy than america, the imbalance is enormous, and against the UK's favour. The City of London loving leaves london if it doesn't get a replacement for it's current passporting schemes. It goes to Paris. The City needs a tax haven inside the EU, and The City, the financial institutions, are not remotely under the control of the British state. They can, and likely will, leave.

It probably won't really. Some banking functions will be moved, but financial centres are sticky and comprised of people that are quite happy where they are. The back office stuff that mostly doesn't happen in central London is much more at risk.

There's a lot of markets that operate out of London that EU members states will continue to need unrestricted access to. The City is one area where the UK has a lot more negotiating leverage than most others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

never forget

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
I used to share a flat with two doctors and they constantly had me stealing pens for them from my work because there were none available in hospitals, so I think questions need to be asked about where these £200m worth of pens are going.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
A 10 hour day, jesus. He surely can't keep that up for long.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
On a purely cynical level I don't really get what Labour have to gain by supporting Article 50.

If Brexit turns out not to be a complete disaster, there's a reasonable exit deal and the economy is fairly on track then 2020 will be a complete Tory, 400 seat wipeout no matter what Labour do.

If it's the catastrophe anyone with a brain expects it to be, then surely you want to be on record opposing it as much as possible.

• Locked thread