Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
POLL RESULTS

Thanks to Fedule for the title idea!

There's so much negativity in the world lately, so why not spend some time being nice to others instead?

For this contest, post an update in this thread where you act nice in a game. Simple as that! Of course, how you perform your good deeds is up to you, whether you want to show off and talk about an instance where a character does something nice, or you yourself do something nice to some NPCs or even other players, or some other great concept I can't think of.

• Both video and screenshot updates are valid, though if you're doing the latter please make sure to post your update in the test poster and link it here.

• You have until end of day on February 21 to submit an entry.

• From February 22 to the 28th, we'll hold a week-long vote for best update. The winner gets a forum upgrade of their choice! (Platinum, Archives, New Avatar)

• A second, separate winner chosen by Fedule and myself will also get a forum upgrade of their choice!

I wish you all the best!

Mega64 fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Mar 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
I visit a parallel dimension, which is the home of a civilization slightly less advanced than ours, to spread love en masse. Also wisdom, although I never touched upon the subject of wisdom in my commentary because I forgot.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Hi!

I decided to find ways to be nice in Saint's Row IV.

:nws: contains dick :nws:

:nws: Sometimes you just gotta keep it simple :nws:

:nws: it's motherfucking Saint's Row :nws:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Man it's neck and neck

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
More like neck and dick.

:/

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Submit more entries you lazy bums!

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

IGgy IGsen posted:

Submit more entries you lazy bums!

Sure.

This is what happens when I play Battlefield 1 as a conscientious objector.

I was meaning to do this for my Let's Play of the game, thankfully there was a blizzard today and I found the time to do this.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Still got a week to enter! If nothing else, chances are still good to win something!

Also thanks to everyone who entered so far! Since it's Valentine's Day, I love all three of you.

e: Make that four!

Mega64 fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Feb 15, 2017

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

You know what's nice? Reuniting elderly people, helping people let go of horrible relationships, and the vocal work of Jim Cummings and John Rhys-Davies

Potentially :nws: nothing explicit of course but from 12 minutes on there is a character wearing only strategically placed hair.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
My entry to this contest is that I will do something nice and abstain from entering it so as not to run away with the vote total again and give someone else the chance to win this time :buddy:

Skypizza
Dec 19, 2015

Geek

nine-gear crow posted:

My entry to this contest is that I will do something nice and abstain from entering it so as not to run away with the vote total again and give someone else the chance to win this time :buddy:

Imagine this entry actually winning, It'd be the laugh of a lifetime.

Also I'm gonna post my entry soon if it matters to say so.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Yeah, I'm hoping to whip something up before the deadline, but work has been nuts. Nothing as friendly as Lazyfire's entry--but we'll see...

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Hatred, 100% Completion speedrun. Video contains only the nicest actions.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I want to try to put something together, but I've no idea if I can effectively cram enough effects into the video to make it work.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

It took a lot of effort, but I thought of something that wasn't Undertale!
Eleanor Rigby, waits at the window and butchers the song the Beatles sang, but someone was saved!

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

What's the nicest thing you can give someone?
The gift of life!

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Hatred, 100% Completion speedrun. Video contains only the nicest actions.

I legit learned something from this, so that's nice. Why it's even a feature I'm not sure, but hey.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Zenithe posted:

I legit learned something from this, so that's nice. Why it's even a feature I'm not sure, but hey.

There are people who are not content with merely hiding games. They need to remove them from their library. Why? I dunno, maybe they are embarrassed to possess a specific game or something. Bunch of weirdos. It's not like a game will kill you in your sleep if you have it in your library. Except maybe Hatred.

I wish I was weird enough to save the post but there was a guy in the steam thread once who got very mad about not being able to remove games from his library. I like to imagine that they implemented that feature just for him. Because you couldn't do that a while ago.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

IGgy IGsen posted:

There are people who are not content with merely hiding games. They need to remove them from their library. Why? I dunno, maybe they are embarrassed to possess a specific game or something. Bunch of weirdos. It's not like a game will kill you in your sleep if you have it in your library. Except maybe Hatred.

I wish I was weird enough to save the post but there was a guy in the steam thread once who got very mad about not being able to remove games from his library. I like to imagine that they implemented that feature just for him. Because you couldn't do that a while ago.

You can hide games? How? I have to move them to a "poo poo I won't ever play" category.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
from your Library, right-click the game you are interested in hiding from the list of games. select the "Set Categories..." option. there will be a "Hide this game from my library" option. you can see hidden games by clicking the LIBRARY button at the top of the screen and selecting HIDDEN at the bottom of the drop-down menu.

that's it!

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Remember that there was a time you could gift people games and they couldn't not accept them.

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
I really wanted to do something for this but I don't think I'll make it before the 21th :(

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Blind Sally posted:

from your Library, right-click the game you are interested in hiding from the list of games. select the "Set Categories..." option. there will be a "Hide this game from my library" option.
Thanks, that wo...

quote:

you can see hidden games by clicking the LIBRARY button at the top of the screen and selecting HIDDEN at the bottom of the drop-down menu.
that's it!
...so it just moves the games into a more visible place. I think I'll stay with the shittegory then.

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Feb 20, 2017

Garbonix
Oct 9, 2012
Know what is really nice? An object that has no corners, that is right an ORB. Come journey in NightSky with ORB.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I love every single one of these entries. Great work, everyone!

Reminder that the contest ends end-of-day tomorrow! Then I'll put up voting at some point on Wednesday.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Pierzak posted:

...so it just moves the games into a less visible place. I think I'll stay with the shittegory then.

ftfy

But seriously, no. It's less visible than a shittegory. There just happens to still be a way to find them after you've hidden them--as opposed to completely removing them from your account.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
Poor CirclMastr came across some nasty bombs. Luckily, I happened to have the book on how to disarm them.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

In the spirit of being nice I wanted to wish my fellow contestants good luck. Once voting is done I plan on going back to breakneck mood swings, so cherish this moment.

Colorred
Dec 26, 2012
Mine is a bit late because I just discovered this contest yesterday, but I also have an entry!

I try my hardest not to be a dick to an old friend in Facade.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I don't think mine is going to happen, but on the other hand I may actually try my hand at my first actual LP. We'll.....see?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

:siren: SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW CLOSED! :siren: A huge thank you to everyone who submitted!

I'll start voting later this afternoon when I'm actually awake and have time to make a voting prompt.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

All of these are on this page so I assume everyone can find the links.

Anyway, we've got a nice solid ten submissions! Voting will occur until :siren: the evening of February 28 :siren: (probably around 8pm EST). After that, we'll have our popular vote winner, and Fedule and I will reveal our pick to win!

Good luck to all our entrants!

e: Might be a good idea to include the poll!

:siren: CLICK ME TO TAKE THE POLL! :siren:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

I don't see nine-gear crow's entry :confused:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Pierzak posted:

I don't see nine-gear crow's entry :confused:

Yeah what the gently caress Mega? :doom:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

nine-gear crow posted:

Yeah what the gently caress Mega? :doom:

I only excluded you because you're already a lock for the Mod's Choice.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
In that case, I forgive you :buddy:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

One more day! We've got a tie for first right now!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Still tied, so...

...I'm declaring both Lazyfire and HerpicleOmnicron5 as winners of the popular vote! Congratulations! Let me know what forums upgrades you want.

It'll probably take another day to discuss Mod Choice Winner with Fedule. I'll announce that once we pick somebody.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Congratulations to both of you! I honestly had a hard time choosing between the two, and if I could have voted for both I would have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

nine-gear crow posted:

Congratulations to both of you! I honestly had a hard time choosing between the two, and if I could have voted for both I would have.

I actually hosed myself over and voted for HerpicleOmnicron5 because I love high concept stuff like the Hatred video.

If we aren't going to do a friendly-off to decide a single winner I will totally take Archives.

• Locked thread