Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
landgrabber
Sep 13, 2015

I grasped basics of video editing at age five, and could read coherently by the time I was four years old. Whenever I tell people about that stuff, they think I am bullshitting/trying to sound smart/really desperate to be cool in an out of touch way. So, I'd like to hear if there's anything remarkable that goons around here have experienced or live with.

Please don't use this for "nifty" little facts like "My dick is big" or "I have double jointed thumbs" or "I spent $10 on a forum account"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

landgrabber posted:

I grasped basics of video editing at age five,

What does this mean exactly? Did you have access to an editing machine or was this a concept you could explain to others or...?

landgrabber
Sep 13, 2015

Scudworth posted:

What does this mean exactly? Did you have access to an editing machine or was this a concept you could explain to others or...?

I'm a youngin' so it was already all digital. I opened a program and was able to do basic cutting of clips together and edit their duration. Learned more and more and here I am now I guess

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Here you are now, posting on the forums like a Big Dog! Well done landgrabber!

landgrabber
Sep 13, 2015

N. Senada posted:

Here you are now, posting on the forums like a Big Dog! Well done landgrabber!

I'm really cool.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Nobody believes I have a crazed burning desire to murder the creator of dull threads.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i regularly post on an internet comedy website

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
I perceive acknowledgement of basic life skills as a huge compliment

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I am a human being and I deserve to be treated with respect

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I'm 20 feet tall.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

you're actually dreaming right now and you should wake up because you're going to be late.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
i can count to infinity

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I get some disbelief when I tell people my age. I'm 29, but most people think I'm in high school, or just out of it.

I was once working at a record store and had some guy come up to me and say "You're allowed to work here?! How old are you?!"

He thought I was 15 when I was 26.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

My dick is double jointed.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

I have dozens of skydives but I've never jumped out of a plane.

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
I can remember a lot of things from my past. A few of my memories go as far back as me being three years old. If I was locked away I could happily life in the past, replaying things in my head. I do this far too often now anyway. I can't understand how some people barely know what happened a month ago. But then again they are better at filtering out the white noise.

When I understood what it means to read I learned reading in three weeks. I read a lot in my youth until computers came along.

Despite the above I am neither clever nor too well functioning.

Mukulu
Jul 14, 2006

Stop. Drop. Shut 'em down open up shop.
I hugged a girl once.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Struck by lightning twice, 2 years in a row on the same day.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Icon Of Sin posted:

Struck by lightning twice, 2 years in a row on the same day.

You need to stop touching yourself so much.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

im really good at math because my brain associates numbers w/ sounds and shapes

an example: the number one "looks" sort of like a straw or a pole and "sounds" sort of like the word 'won.'

took me a long time to realize how special i was

photomikey
Dec 30, 2012
I'm a member of the National Geographic Society.

I LIKE COOKIE
Dec 12, 2010

Calibanibal posted:

im really good at math because my brain associates numbers w/ sounds and shapes

an example: the number one "looks" sort of like a straw or a pole and "sounds" sort of like the word 'won.'

took me a long time to realize how special i was

This is for real, and you should dedicate your life to numbers if you want to discover a new prime number or solve a crazy unknown equation or whatever. You may have a bright future in physics if you're not lazy.

I totally understand if you don't, because gently caress that boring life lol. Numbers aren't 'fun' and neither is math.

I see numbers in a similar way. I don't mean to hijack the thread, but what do the numbers, 3, 6, 7, 8, and 9 mean to you? I know it's not a simple answer to put into words, and you may have to write a lot, but drat. I'm curious to know, because those numbers mean some serious poo poo to me.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I have memories from when I was less than a year old. My dad didn't believe me, telling me that it wasn't possible, so I described one to him and he admitted that it had happened.

Edit: This isn't some sort of "joking" "my daddy touched me" post, he was fixing a lawn mower and my mother was pregnant with my brother

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

504 posted:

You need to stop touching yourself so much.

Harsh, but fair :(

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Professor Shark posted:

I have memories from when I was less than a year old. My dad didn't believe me, telling me that it wasn't possible, so I described one to him and he admitted that it had happened.

Edit: This isn't some sort of "joking" "my daddy touched me" post, he was fixing a lawn mower and my mother was pregnant with my brother

Yeah, you made those memories up. Memory is fluid and you just pieced poo poo together from stuff you know and your dad verified it like an idiot, further cementing the fake memories. None of your memories are 100 percent accurate and most are very wrong and embellished.

You should dedicate your life to math or something.

I know because I'm as old as time and no one believes me for some reason.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

JoelJoel posted:

Yeah, you made those memories up. Memory is fluid and you just pieced poo poo together from stuff you know and your dad verified it like an idiot, further cementing the fake memories. None of your memories are 100 percent accurate and most are very wrong and embellished.

You should dedicate your life to math or something.

I know because I'm as old as time and no one believes me for some reason.

I think that the ultimate twist would be that my sister was adopted when I was 4 and my mother miscarried, or something hackish like that

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

The idiot youngest from my brood has a funny way of vividly remembering things from before she was born.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

I LIKE COOKIE posted:

I see numbers in a similar way. I don't mean to hijack the thread, but what do the numbers, 3, 6, 7, 8, and 9 mean to you? I know it's not a simple answer to put into words, and you may have to write a lot, but drat. I'm curious to know, because those numbers mean some serious poo poo to me.

I'm a lot like Calibanibal too, I can visualize the number 8 like two circles on top of each other, and it sounds like "ate".

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I mastered video editing at age 4 and could read at age 3.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

People don't believe me when I say I've had malaria. People also call bullshit on me when I say once when I was working door to door, I got everybody to give me a "Woah Bundy!" during the morning pep rally. I dunno why people would call BS on either of those?

Everybody believes me when I say I was in the top 10% of Canada/7% for Ontario for grade 10 math though. Which is bewildering, because I can barely add 6+37 these days.

Tokit
Dec 16, 2004

I was doing the composing.
My dick is big

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
I Jeb Bush.

I LIKE COOKIE
Dec 12, 2010

God answers my prayers

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
I once had to sign a contract saying I wouldn't sell components for guided missile systems with a range greater than 500 miles to non-Nato countries.

grack fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Feb 10, 2017

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
I lie a lot so no one believes most things I say.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
All the sentences I write are false.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

N. Senada posted:

All the sentences I write are false.

Including that one right there? :psyduck:

Namarrgon
Dec 23, 2008

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
I found out that apparently a lot of my classmates back in high school did not believe I had Polynesian ancestry. It came as a shock to me because it never occurred to me this is something people would lie about.

Some people claim they can tell (but only after they learn somehow) but I think I just look white. On the other hand my half-siblings definitely don't, so I just hit the genetic lottery there.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

landgrabber posted:

I grasped basics of video editing at age five, and could read coherently by the time I was four years old. Whenever I tell people about that stuff, they think I am bullshitting/trying to sound smart/really desperate to be cool in an out of touch way. So, I'd like to hear if there's anything remarkable that goons around here have experienced or live with.

Please don't use this for "nifty" little facts like "My dick is big" or "I have double jointed thumbs" or "I spent $10 on a forum account"

I don't believe you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
I think this is a good thread.

• Locked thread