Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
baquerd
Jul 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I played gasoline chicken growing up in the countryside, and no one died or got hurt. You'd take a 2-3 gallon can of gas, make a puddle in the field, then slowly walk away, pouring gas on the ground. After a bit, the puddle gets lit on fire and you have to keep the gas pouring and the flame moving. Longest time wins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Around 1985 or so, I had a dream that a plane crashed into the twin towers and made it collapse. Except in my dream it was one plane and it hit the Empire State Building first. When that building fell, the force from that made one of the towers fall. I hardly tell anyone because it sounds so much like STDH.

Also in this dream I was also doing coke with Traci Lords.

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

No one ever believes I sometimes have a client that's a literal dictator. I think he has been in power for at least 30 years now? Also I can't pronounce his name. The first time I encountered him I met one of his drivers. By the next job I swear that driver was a minister of something​. Nuts.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I'm interested to know if anyone else can sense cardinal directions, like a feeling in your gut. I have really good geospatial awareness and navigation skills, and it seems to be that part of it is I can feel which cardinal direction I'm travelling in or facing. Every direction feels different. For example, I went to Mexico City for the first time and my friend took me to see Teotihuacán. I didn't know where it was, but when we were driving, the feeling for east kept happening, so I asked if that's where we were going and it was. Well, that's my weird story about being in tune with my instincts and the Earth, it's been fun.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Picnic Princess posted:

I'm interested to know if anyone else can sense cardinal directions, like a feeling in your gut. I have really good geospatial awareness and navigation skills, and it seems to be that part of it is I can feel which cardinal direction I'm travelling in or facing. Every direction feels different. For example, I went to Mexico City for the first time and my friend took me to see Teotihuacán. I didn't know where it was, but when we were driving, the feeling for east kept happening, so I asked if that's where we were going and it was. Well, that's my weird story about being in tune with my instincts and the Earth, it's been fun.

It's probably magnetoreception. There is some sketchy evidence that humans are possibly attuned to magnetic fields, obviously to a greater or lesser extent. They fairly recently rediscovered that we have magnetic field receptive cryptochromes in our eyes. I have a very good sense of direction, but I don't "feel" east/west in a synaesthetic the way you seem to. If you can reproduce it reliably, science might be interested in you to be honest. Could you sense cardinal directions in a closed room? With your eyes closed and spun around?

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
small metal objects are attracted to my anus

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Picnic Princess posted:

This is because you know the difference between morning vs afternoon and have good enough eyesight to find the sun.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Yeah, not outright calling bs, cause who knows, but usually these things have a much more simple explanation like solar orientation. Just cause you don't know you're doing it doesn't mean you aren't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
    I'm Gay

• Locked thread