Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I wonder if the asterisks end up slowly driving you mad, unless you like, tie them to a sword or something? The sword guys we've found have both been less wantonly murderous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
The way that dude was expecting the Vestal to dump elemental power all over his enemies - have the Vestals fought in wars before?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Can I just say after what the original asterisks were up to in Florem it feels really weird to have our male and female leads being a red mage and a summoner?

Then again our clothing wardrobe is full of assholes, so I suppose it's kind of inevitable.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I suppose the only thing more pirate than a pirate is a pirate ghost.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Huh. Weird that we haven't seen ghosts around before, what with all the dead people. I wonder if fire is related to the underworld somehow?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Yeah, nobody's going to come down on the side of the guy who pulls The Kefka Maneuver.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Ah, we've got a great assortment of asterisks to pilfer now. I imagine the chemist is going to stop us from chaos dunking his priceless sample into the volcano.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I was figuring we'd pick up Bard to fight her but it seems like the asterisk is, like, Bard and Dancer both?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

hey girl you up posted:

But it was a Shieldbearer fort! I guess the scaffolding just came down.

Or maybe that's how they breached the walls? Giant catapulted swords? #brand

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Ah right. Always go every other direction from the one that advances the quest. Nice try distracting us from the true goal of amassing terrible power, Ringabel.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
If you Brave, does that count as multiple turns for Buff Up, or just one?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
...he's gone out the window, hasn't he?

Just when you thought the wound had closed, all these kids in peril are as old as Tiz's dead little bro. That's got to sting.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Well, poo poo. Now the kid's doomed, because the universe won't let Tiz be happy.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Yes, job costumes in cutscenes are treasures.

...also Airy does kind of have a point. As far as we know we are the last person alive who can wake the Crystals. If Agnes cutscene-dies, there is no hope.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Greyarc posted:

Also, a heads up, I'm going to be taking a break. Got some other projects to attend to at the moment and I want to avoid burnout.
Rest assured I've already got material for many more entries, so it'll just be a matter of time before the party continues their murderous heroics. Hope you guys are enjoying the adventure so far!

Yeah, this has been a good read.

I have to wonder how these summon guys managed to survive the anti-Crystalist purge. I suppose they'd find it easier than most to fly to safety.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
...huh. Previously the Crystals had provided people with what they needed. It's odd that all the mythril is gone.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I would love some art, if you've got the time. You've got a style that complements the game pretty well.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Aw, it's nice to see us doing a solid for the people who helped us out.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Why are they only offing the Shieldbearers now? It seems more like spite than anything.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I don't know how to feel about short-circuiting that quest by mashing A on the body enough times. I suppose if you want to try and reload for a better ending?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Blademaster_Aio posted:

What whole section? Only the 'I don't get any hours of sunlight' argument is missable, the rest of this is PLOT.

The council of grandship is probably the most useless council in video games that I've played. They literally don't do anything. Anything at all. More like a parody of the useless councils found in games.

Literally doing nothing puts them head and shoulders about a good, what, 66% of video game councils?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I notice he's got the standard behemoth coloring, if not the shape.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I have to say, I did not believe a Garden could fly, and I never thought of Grandship as a particularly airworthy sort, either. Yet here it is, large as life and just as bold.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
So Eternia is subsisting on the power of magic instead of the power of crystals? Or does the power of magic... come from the crystals? It kind of sounded like one was involved somehow.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
So the Crystalists abandoned the town to die. I wonder. These... 'asterisks'. Would they and their power even exist if the Crystals were still shining? Would that leave people powerless?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I wonder if the white magic circulation was preventing Vlad (not a vampire) from showing up in the capital at all.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I can forgive a job this late in the game for wanting a specific secondary.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I appreciate that the archduke is so concerned with family. It's a very refreshing perspective.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Yeah, it's a solid point about Edea. If anyone had been willing to seriously consider her as a commander, things might have happened very differently.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I figure after a thousand years or so you've earned the right to put whatever kind of lock you want on your front door.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Oh, interesting. So, over time, the Earth Crystal has been making its terrain higher and more mountainous, the Wind Crystal more windblown, the Fire Crystal more volcanic, the Water Crystal more marshlike?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Huh. So the world in its current shape (or at least at the start of the game) was maybe a generation old?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Yeah, more games seriously need quick visual references to their own goddamn plots.

So, basically, the last twenty or so years have been the Orthodoxy overclocking the crystals and people just grew used to it? Fuckin' politics.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I guess the monsters don't mess with the cables much? That seems like something you'd want security on.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Yeah, it's weird how even in the heart of a fortified empire there's still this monstrous thing hanging out around the crystal.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
"So you’re probably wondering, if the Calamity happened already…What’s to stop it from happening again, after the Bastion does its thing? The answer is…I don’t know."

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Huh. It seems like we're trailing just behind our... other selves? Are they off killing their way through the Eternians?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I appreciate Braev's willingness to keep talking about this, and I kind of understand his underlings now. I mean, when "end the world" is the alternative, who wouldn't you work with?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Omobono posted:

By the way, I think I have an explanation on what happened to the party of this dimension: Airy took Tiz and Agnés out to reduce possible complications, Edea then died to Crowe without the others' support and Alternis might or might not have survived transit but he didn't lose his memory and turn into Ringabel.

Well, wait, so what happened to "the party of the last dimension"? Dim actually managed to stop them but not in time to stop the countdown beam?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Are we still picking up asterisks, or just letting them rot where they've fallen?