Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I do kind of like this run emphasizing that understand people doesn't necessarily help you persuade them of anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
So how much of this was actually necessary? Could we just have blitzed the four temples, called base, and then headed toward the light?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
So... Alternis has also been jumping through pillars, but somehow manages to join up with Braev every time? Is that the upshot here?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Maybe after we annihilate our consciousnesses in a thundering pillar of light a time or two more, we can finally start to understand some of these people?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Would the second pass have gone down better if they mixed up who went where, villain-wise? I suppose there's a lot of supplemental dialogue that would need rearranged.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I appreciate FF: lying airy. That's some good localization.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Looking forward to seeing what's at the bottom of this rabbit hole.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
It's taken this long to get some sympathy going? Wow.

...I wonder how things are in Ancheim and Florem, though.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I'm wondering, now. Is this devourer of universes clawing its way out of a hole of corruption it fled into, making the worlds darker, darker, yet darker?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Well, this is going to all end soon, one way or the other.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Honestly, based on what we have so far, I don't see any conflict between the early game and the late game at all. It's heavily hinted at, right, that Braev was always doing what he was doing, no matter how many people got hurt, for the sake of containing Lying Airy? It'd be a pretty poor game about coming to understand your enemy's motivations if you couldn't agree with them.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I guess it's due to their lack of presence in the original story, but the Eternian asterisk holders honestly seem like a lot better targets for fanfic than the core crew.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Hm. Perhaps Braev was together with Yulyana and DeRosso, doing what the angel told them, but for some reason that changed from world to world?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I'm pretty sure you've got to have a drippingly evil final boss no matter how ambiguous of an RPG you are. How else will people know they're at the end?