Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

I'm going to enjoy this, I've never been a huge FF fan but I read about this game and decided to buy it based off of reviews saying it had a lot of personality. Only downside about this being screenshot only is we're going to miss out on some hilariously on-point voice acting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

This right here is what sold me on this game being amazing :allears:

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

MechaCrash posted:

Why would you sign the incriminating document detailing your conspiracy? :psyduck:

maybe he really cares about due process

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

I dunno, there's still a sidequest icon, I don't think we're done with the king yet.

Though I don't think these people have the right attitude for turning on their king, hell when he was riling them up and throwing shade at our heroes the best they could muster is "why aren't you fixing the problem Wind Vestal :qq:"

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

So what you're saying is Khamer was willing to bankrupt his dehydrated and overworked kingdom just to kill a person who helped restore it to glory?

I mean, you read his dialogue right? Petulant child and all that

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

are we sure this isn't a Gazorpazorp situation? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXDhvu4P3KA

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Blademaster_Aio posted:

The time mage outfit was my main motivation for unlocking the freelancer outfits using Norende.

There is another job in this chapter with the same problem.

One of the jobs in this chapter was one I used for both Edea and Tiz for a good chunk of chapter 3 and 4 and I gotta say it led to some pretty amazing cutscenes.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Greyarc posted:

The women are wearing outfits based off of erotic stories popularized in the West during the 1800s-1900s about Oriental harems, where women were stolen away and forced into being sex slaves in lush, exotic locales (from which western men could rescue them or take part, depending on the story's intentions).

wait...what?

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

I was just reacting to the literature part, I did not know that was a thing until today. I knew about the belly dancing because I know some people that do it so when I first played the game I thought that was what they were going for (that and T&A because because)

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

SloppyDoughnuts posted:

So they didn't actually take anything from the sage. That entire dungeon was pointless? Did they really make you run a dungeon just for some grosso creepo joke?

whoa, I've played this game twice through and I never realised that until now. huh, how about that

edit: about the joke part, sometimes I think I am just accepting of questionable stuff in jrpgs

Aces High fucked around with this message at 17:06 on May 4, 2017

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

the first time I played the game I didn't really pay attention to D's Journal. I read everything in there, sure, but I didn't really pay attention as the game went on so certain things like Agnes rallying the people of Anchiem didn't really hit me as a "oh, this was kind of already said would happen because of the Journal".

Then again when it comes to reading things inside of a game, codices and such, I don't seem to digest that information as I do when it comes to reading actual reading material that comes with a game, manuals and stuff.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

I mean there is always just the straight up Victor/Victoria thing

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Ranger is a pretty amazing job and for the next 2 chapters after I got it Edea and Tiz were both inappropriately dressed for every cutscene.

It was pretty great

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

if she was supposed to be 14 is that supposed to be commentary on the kingdom radicalizing children? Or just more weird Japanese youth worship?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Edea sure likes her boots