Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
there's no mention of Ringabel joining the party in the journal, and yet here he is, and obviously he's joining. And the journal author talks about bonding with Owen, but we haven't seen any outsider wearing that armor who is Owen's friend. There are probably other discrepancies. but at any rate, this seems to be describing the series of events that would happen without Ringabel present in the party. Is it prophecy, or has it already happened?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Edea, you don't seem to be cut out for soldiering. As far as I can tell, the Sky Knights haven't harmed civilians, only soldiers. Your country is at war with Caldisla, which means soldiers from both sides will kill each other. It sucks, but soldiers and the king are legitimate targets in a time of war.

It doesn't really seem like a fair war though given how Caldisla doesn't seem to have a particularly strong army or any fortifications. I'm siding with Edea on this, the Sky Knights are monsters, and Agnes is also right to be wary of Edea because of that. The Sky Knights' behavior also reflects VERY POORLY on Eternia, not that they weren't already shaping up to be of the classic "JPRG Evil Empire" variety.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

I mean, from what I've seen so far, you could continue to read this as "capitalism sucks and ruins everything", except now taking the tack that it specifically coopts and destroys female empowerment by convincing them to spend all their time, money, and effort on appearance rather than virtuous and productive pursuits. A lot of academic feminists think that modern feminism is a sham because patriarchy and capitalism are inextricable. Maybe the game writers agree??? no. that's being too charitable. The more likely thing is that, while it's still a takedown of capitalism, it's bemoaning that capitalism shits on the ~purity~ of women.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

Well, I'm actually fairly impressed with this arc. Other than that awful victim-blaming conversation.
but jesus gently caress, Eternia is like the mad scientist that built the child molester robot from that recent SNL skit. like here's all these games with EVIL EMPIRES that conquer territories, torture people, etc. but that's not hardcore enough for Eternia. no, no, no. They have to hold hostage a kingdom's water, and poison another.
That Tiz & co. are killing these people honestly seems pretty justified.