Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

It only gets worse from here on in...
Are you planning on showing off the more obscure cutscenes? You noted that you're carrying over cutscenes for the Event Viewer, so I assume so, but just wanted to check.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Hopefully there is a Bravely Second LP. :ohdear:

I may try my hand at a Bravely Second LP after this one concludes if Greyarc doesn't do one, I'm currently trying to finish its journal and event viewer.

Dartonus fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Feb 7, 2017

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

Commander Keene posted:

It must be tough being a monster in a medieval fantasy world; you always have to worry about whether the farmboy you're about to eat is going to horribly murder you.

The trick is to figure out if anyone else looks exactly like your intended victim before you actually attack them.

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

Commander Keene posted:

Note that, IIRC, the explosion that finished Barras off is the result of Invigorate failing. Yes, Invigorate can fail, but it's obviously not a wasted turn when it does.

Actually, iirc, Barras's version is the only one with the AoE effect, the player-usable one only damages the user on failure. Additionally, I believe Barras's Invigorate only fails when he's low on health, but is guaranteed to fail when that is the case.

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

Greyarc posted:

Adding to that, there's the issue that Bravely Default's second half likely would've been a complete deal breaker for reviewers (and players) if not for the encounter adjuster... We'll get to that eventually.

From what I've read, the version released abroad is an updated rerelease, called "For the sequel" in Japan. Among other things this rerelease added the encounter slider.

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

The Sky Knights always felt to me like Eternia kept them around because they were a useful military division and it was either impractical or impossible to train new officers for the division. After all, it seems the basic grunts (and Edea) are reasonable, it's the ranking officers that can't go two days without starting an incident.

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

Epsilon Moonshade posted:

On the dual wield note, it's worthwhile to mention that there IS a reason not to dual wield though* - it cuts the attack power of each weapon and if you're not proficient in them**, you might end up doing less damage. Additionally, although I only recall this being a problem for me in Bravely Second, you may end up better off going for a more powerful single hit rather than two weaker hits. Since enemy defense applies to each strike, the higher-powered single attack can end up doing more damage overall. It's great for stat sticks though.

Iirc Magic Attack doesn't get cut by dual wielding with nonproficiency, so your offensive casters can dual wield rods to your heart's content.

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

As seen in one of the screenshots, Jackal is another of the small handful of bosses who cheat a little during their fights - he heals 500HP from a Potion when the party normally only gets 150HP.

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

ulmont posted:

You are - the videos I saw show 1100-1500.

You still want the rubber band.

You don't need the rubber band, the game has an auto battle feature to repeat your last set of inputs :v:

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

Sky Knights. Duh.

The Sky Knights ship is actually unable to fly high enough to make it over Eternia's mountains, if you take the opportunity to try to do so before Alternis grounds it.

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

Trasson posted:

Fun fact about Gigas Lich. Because it's undead you can hurt it with healing items.

This was covered. Elixirs in particular knock out 9999, which is nice.

Unless you happen to use Bravely Second to ignore the damage cap for a one hit kill.

Similarly:
Most of not all bosses are resistant to BP drain effects, to try to prevent the player from denying the bosses turns. This does not apply to effects that add BP like the Performer’s abilities, as those would let the boss go multiple times.

Except it turns out adding BP is a form of Healing, so those abilities drain BP from Gigas Lich instead.

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

Clarste posted:

Well, the implication I get from the scene just now is that Ominas Crowe actually killed the party in this world, and just now felt like he was being attacked by their ghosts.

Iirc he drops a second copy of Ise-no-Kami, the katana that Edea starts out equipped with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

Malah posted:

You've got to be kidding. :wtc:

At least Drakengard had some different content when you replayed.

Hey, this had some unique stuff too!

...Like the Profiteur scene that you lock yourself out of by playing normally and doing his side quest when it appears.