Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slippery42
Nov 10, 2011

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Also, here are some of the best songs up to this point.

Also known as "basically every song we've seen so far" :v:

This has what's probably my favorite soundtrack of any game released in at least the past decade. Around the time of its release in Japan, Revo performed an arena-sized concert to promote the game which included special guests Motoi Sakuraba (Star Ocean, Tales, Golden Sun, etc) and Marty Friedman (Megadeth). A video of it hit Youtube, and that alone sold me on this game. The full concert is no longer up due to copyright claims, but you can still find bits and pieces. Some of the songs hint heavily at future plot/characters, so be aware of that if you go looking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slippery42
Nov 10, 2011
I completely wrote off reading the enigmatic writings when I played through the game, and... wow. That's really cool stuff! Particularly unimportant details like the amount of time that passes based on the journal entry dates (roughly nine months in total) and the level of technology of the world. They seemingly have things like internal combustion engines and telegraphy (both of which imply electricity), but in true fantasy style, nothing outside of airships seems to exploit them.

It doesn't do much to fill in any of the plot holes that I remember, but discussing anything further around that would begin heavily dipping into spoiler territory.