Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Yeah, as much as I like BD and BS, I've never finished BD because the refights are terrible and pointless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

GimmickMan posted:

This is a cool twist. I figure Airy is a lot more insufferable throughout the course of the game if you're actually playing it? The occassional screenshot in the LP doesn't really convey that she's basically Navi.

Not really. She's actually very ignorable, which seems appropriate and honestly maybe a bit of a waste. I wouldn't have minded her showing up more often in the skits to be a bratty little jerk. As is, when she does show up it's more like 'Oh, yeah, Airy exists, doesn't she?'

EDIT: It's kind of like if the ultimate villain of Evangelion was Pen-Pen.

Ratoslov fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Oct 9, 2018

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

On the other hand, Old Red is a professional rapist and Salvemaker Qada is a literal war criminal.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

AweStriker posted:

Ominas... I'm not completely sure what's his deal, again. I think he's just paranoid and/or following orders.

Ominas Crowe is an ordinary rear end in a top hat and a garden-variety misogynist that's just following orders. He's not a tragic villain like Victoria or a moral monster like Qada. He's a petty jerk with petty ambitions, who just wants to do his job. There's a reason that all the writers had to do to fix him was to give him a pet and some buddies who don't hate him.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Faillen Angel posted:

Also, there's only one tier of battle speedup. You hold down the D-Pad, and it's still slower than 2x speed in For The Sequel.

I have no idea why they thought that was acceptable.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

TwoPair posted:

Presumably, Airy sticks really close to Agnes in battle, and both DeRosso and Yulyana are too hesitant to risk an errant spell (or other attack) hurting their "angel".

It would have been a neat character thing if one or both of them were programmed not to target Agnes if any of her allies were standing. :sigh:

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Kith posted:

If we're on the thousandth or so iteration, does that mean that World 1's Eternians were drastically parsed down versions of what the actual originals were? :thunk:

Given that Qada and DeRosa change the least from world to world, Original Qada and DeRosa must have been the most likableleast hateable of them all. Nearly heros, by contrast!

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Goddamnit, DeRosso. We were in the middle of something here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

I think, having seen this ending, that Bravely Second was basically the design team recognizing their mistakes in the first game and taking to heart the lessons learned. That's the real character development here.