Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

TwoPair posted:

Much has been said about how the game drags on too long here, and I do agree, but I feel like a very easy fix to the script would be if they didn't spell out the Airy secret so soon, or if they had somebody more dubious or untrustworthy reveal her secret so it would be called into question. Like, instead of having the kindly sage basically spell things out for you in world 3, let the truth come from the vampire you hardly know, or from Braev, who shows some weird judgment in regard to the crystals and keeps a bunch of psychos on his payroll, so the characters (and maybe even the player) will doubt the truth. Maybe have Ringabel start getting suspicious of Airy but don't have give him straight up flashback scenes showing her being evil. I mean, no matter what, the whole thing of having an ending before the true ending means that the characters are gonna have to act dumb while the player knows the truth, but making things a little more ambiguous would make the story much better.

And, of course, you know, if they cut the world changes down to like 3.

"yeah uh... you need to do it four times. Once for each crystal. that makes sense right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Edge of Acceptable.
Default Day
Endless Airy

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Regalingualius posted:

Maybe it’s in an endless loop, too?

Everything that lives is designed to end. We are perpetually trapped in a never-ending spiral of life and death. Is this a curse? Or some kind of punishment? I often think about the god who blessed us with this cryptic puzzle...and wonder if we'll ever get the chance to kill him.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Greyarc posted:

I've actually just started playing this with another person watching along and we've been comparing the storytelling to other games, including Bravely Default.

Haven't gotten far yet, but based on what I've played, the bits I've had spoiled, and what I've heard about the ending, there's, uh...quite a leap in narrative skill between Nier and most other games. For one thing, it keeps up a quick pace and is constantly throwing new plot out there instead of playing coy with a few simple twists the entire game.

Yoko has always been good at throwing unexpected plot at people, and after his first few games he's finally able to throw good unexpected plot at people.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Kith posted:

If we're on the thousandth or so iteration, does that mean that World 1's Eternians were drastically parsed down versions of what the actual originals were? :thunk:

Airy is the good guy, there are only like, three worlds that aren't entirely comprised of huge assholes

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Airy is only single precision
Unsuited for dimension ending boss work

Just wait for her replacement in the sequel, Bravely Double

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

found a leaked photo from the next game