Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

FOOL! DOCTOR DOOM DOES AS HE PLEASES!
:gaz: :gaz: :gaz:
I'm trying to remember my endgame party for this and I think it was something like:

Tiz: Vampire/Dark Knight, Spammed rage and then replenished health with bloodthirst
Agnes: Spiritmaster/Salvemaker, though I think I subbed out one of these for White Mage every now and again. Tranquility to give me time to set up giant drafts and all that, afterwards it was just dark banes shadowflares.
Ringabel: Performer/Freelancer, standard BP battery, My Hero and Mimic for eternity. Had dual shields and shield lore for maximum survivability.
Edea: Pirate/Swordmaster, similar to Tiz, use free lunch and then just spam amped strike.

There was always one person with haste world so the murder train never stopped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

FOOL! DOCTOR DOOM DOES AS HE PLEASES!
:gaz: :gaz: :gaz:
So I had been meaning to play this game for a good while, and seeing this lp got me to actually grab a copy of this game.

I binged it in like 2 months and I loved the game all the way up until the ouroboros fight, where I had maxed out all the jobs and had the game bent over my knee at that point, so it was mostly perfeunctory at that point. The gameplay is really, genuinely satisfying, though it weirdly didn't lend itself to replayability for me b/c I felt like I had more-or-less figured out the game and the jobs I didn't use I either did not find that interesting (looking at you conjurer) or were too cumbersome for me to want to play around with (grinding money for the merchant, though I probably could've used it from chapter 5 onward once upgrading equipment became much less of a priority).

But I had issues with the plot not unlike what greyarc brought up. The game felt at odds with itself, and while I didn't really think about the in-universe logistics of all this dimension hopping and honestly don't care to, but the thematic issues still leave a bad taste in my mouth. I get it, you got to default four times and brave at the end, that's cute. But you can't have a game with a recurring theme about having the courage to push against the consensus and think for yourself, only to have the true ending require the characters to basically give up agency and let a big bad thing happen. poo poo's wack.

Bravely Second's story is thankfully a lot tighter on the story front and also improves on everything else, with only the new music being sadly underwhelming.

Play Bravely Second friends.