Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Heard a fair few things about Bravely Default, so I'll be following the LP. Probably lurking more than posting, though.

Just wanted to say that I didn't realize they had punny names until after "Holly Whyte" as a White Mage. That's gonna be a recurring thing, isn't it? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Epsilon Moonshade posted:

Holly Whyte -> Holy White
Barras Lehr -> Bear Wrestler
Tiz Arrior -> This Warrior

:arghfist::saddowns: I didn't notice THAT one!

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

They sacrificed a village to save their country, and now we're trying to sacrifice a country's well-being to save the world :thunk:

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Those costumes really are awful.

e: Arcanist writeup on the last page

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

This part is the only thing I have heard about for Bravely Default. Time to see how deep this rabbit hole is, then...

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

So I know you're expediting all this, but this would feel like a drag to go through since it's all just rehashes of everything, wouldn't it? Sure, there are changes here or there if you do the right things in the right order, like the Kamiizumi scene, but... Well, thanks for showing off everything in pain-staking detail, because I think this would've been goddamned tiring and old to go through.

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Huh! This is about 100% more neat, and I see what they were going for.

Still have the feeling that this'd be a nightmare gameplay-wise though. At least there's some variance with the three sisters coming at you all at once.

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Can we not kill Airy, actually? I don't want to get her Asterisk and see what the four heroes look like as Piercer of Boundaries :stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Uhh... What? :psyduck:

Congrats on finishing your LP! It was fun to look through this game that I'd heard so much about. Kind of glad I didn't pick it up after all, though.