Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

I kinda like the dialogue that happened at the crystal.
"Oh sorry I had my 3ds muted and I was not paying attention, I kinda assumed it would auto-stop like usual"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

IIRC Greyarc mentioned that in the first go around it stops automatically when Airy calls for it.

E: found it, update 25

Greyarc posted:

It is possible to disobey by continuing to press X, but after Airy gives us another warning, Agnès will stop on her own to prevent, dunno, her own death or something.

Omobono fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Jul 3, 2018

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Thanks for quoting the opening movie.

Long distance shot of Airy:

That's yet another wing pattern.
Closeup:

Greyarc posted:

It's a six.
It's a loving six :suicide:

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

It's a countdown, isn't it?

I'll admit, if this goes where basically the whole thread believes it will go it's actually really cool foreshadowing (EDIT) that it's kinda impossible to catch the first time around outside of a screenshot LP.
If it goes that way though, it also means that the actual villain was far more forthright in her exposition than Braev and Eternia in general.

By the way, I think I have an explanation on what happened to the party of this dimension: Airy took Tiz and Agnés out to reduce possible complications, Edea then died to Crowe without the others' support and Alternis might or might not have survived transit but he didn't lose his memory and turn into Ringabel.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

To clarify:
The current party is from world 5, except Ringabel who is an amnesiac Alternis from world 6.
The world 6 party is probably dead.
My hypothesis is that Airy killed the world 4 versions of the party; world 5 Alternis might or might not have survived transit, he's not an issue either way.

E:

Alxprit posted:

Allegedly.

Well of course, if Airy isn't evil all this speculation :speculate: is wrong.

Omobono fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Jul 4, 2018

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Iä! Iä! After Years fhtagn!

Let's pretend TAY didn't happen, shall we?
God was that game's plot dumb

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Dr. Fetus posted:

Chapter 5 was yeah, not really well handled. Generally one of the appeals of repeating events like this is to see what changes and what can be changed. Not much of either happened in chapter 5. Chapter 6 on the other hand immediately comes out with Ringabel remembering things and Tiz actually being the one to die this time.

Honestly? I hope Til is with the local Agnés (or even better the local Olivia) just for the sheer :psyduck: from everyone.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Pureauthor posted:

Thing is, Reraise is Time Magic in Bravely Default.

And that's why she hasn't used it in the other worlds. This Holly decided to sub-class to Time Mage.

This world's Eternians seem marginally saner.
In retrospect, how low is that bar if this Heinkel still comes out as marginally saner than the last two worlds?

Will we finally get half an explanation from Braev this time?
(narrator voice: we won't)

Although the question stands again: where are the local Agnés, Edea and Tiz Til? Ok, Til took care of Barras and Holly, and then what? Edea never reported for duty. Why? And the local Agnés is AWOL a second time.
I still say Airy* is murdering the loose ends before our party of merry morons starts running around yet another time.

*or whomever the actual villain is

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Silegna posted:

I was going to mention that we could just be mind jumping, but the whole Alternis thing puts a damper on that.

Ringabel. Mind jumping was never an option.

E: sorry, mindfreeze. We're agreeing here and I restated your position

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

DGM_2 posted:

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say "find a contrived reason to pick a fight." Call it a hunch.

You think they'll bother with a reason? You're an optimist.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

[monotone] Wait, the fairy is actually evil? [/monotone]

I'm fairly sure I linked the "I'm shocked" video earlier in the thread. Pretend I did it again.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

I'm confused. Is the party aware of the NG+ here? Or does that scene at the holy pillar happen no matter what?

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Pureauthor posted:

The rea issue is trying to suss out the ingame reason the party is doing this.

They stated it. They want to strike at the source of the great darkness, AKA Airy's boss.

How do they know about him/her/it, you ask?
Oh look behind you, a convenient distraction.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

ZeusCannon posted:

Not quiet to Xenogears talking void level but it does have that desperation of trying to finish the story without sacrificing the whole thing.

The multiple worlds setup means this absolutely is Xenogears' Chair Zone, but they can recycle what they have to hide it.
Although I guess FF8 didn't steal Bravely's lunch money so there's that difference.

To be fair though, "phone in the last couple(?) worlds events" is far less mismanagement than "phone in the last disc including at least two major dungeons and the final boss"

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
It's
code:
[spoiler]
singular, not spoilers for the code.

Airy is at 1 right now on her wings right? This is the last world hopefully.

E:

XainZero posted:

For what it's worth, all these optional fights in Chapter 7 and Chapter 8 were added to the updated rerelease the game got in Japan, Bravely Default: For the Sequel. That version is the version that was released internationally.

:wtf::wtc:
WHAT
You were supposed to simply go awaken the crystals and be done with it?

Omobono fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Dec 18, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

DGM_2 posted:

I'm not sure that explains it. If Airy had to wait 5000 years for a shattered crystal to regenerate even once - and the fact that she knows exactly how long it takes suggests that she has - the party should be long dead of old age by the time she gets to the next world. She would never catch up to them in the timeline again.

EDIT: Also, I'm so very sorry I asked who the celestial hitching a ride with Tiz was.

I think opening the way for the new world connects to Tiz's Norende no matter what. Still, Ringabel going back to give Airy a dunking makes no sense no matter how you slice it.