Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

And the more I see these scenes with Airy, the more it becomes clear that she seems to be lacking in any kind of empathy.

Agnes, of course I care about you! You're so useful to me! :downs:

Why, I'd have to wait a moderately annoying amount of time to replace you with a new idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

ultrafilter posted:

His other skill is drinking, which explains a lot about how he was able to become so successful.

It's just a rumor I've heard, but supposedly this is actually the more important one for his advancement; he ended up drinking with higher-ups who overrode decisions about giving him more chances to direct after the early Drakengard games didn't sell well.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

WarpedLichen posted:

So what OP combo has the party been abusing for these refights?

I'm pretty sick of the Eternians and i'm not even playing the game.

Yeah, I'd kinda like to hear more about the game play. There hasn't been any meaningful story for this entire world, as far as I can tell. Party shows up, things are better for some reason and apparently have been since before they blasted a hole into this dimension, and... we're killing everyone anyway, because there's quest markers on them, I guess. May as well talk about how the combat system works because nothing else is really going on.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Just lol if the game really gives you an unceremonious "The End" after doing the crystals that many times. I know Chrono Cross kinda did that, where if you didn't figure out the magic thing to do you just sorta got a garbage ending dumped on you, but that at least had a progressing plot going the whole time. Then again, with how weirdly sadistic-about-tedium/unfinished the game seems to be at times, I could imagine a barely-hinted-at secret path you needed to take to get to the true final boss.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Man. So, I was spoiled on the broad outline of the plot twist with the whole multiple worlds and Ourobouros, and I was following this to see the details, but I almost wish I hadn't. The concept is so much more interesting than the execution.

Anyway, thanks for taking this journey so I didn't have to. Glad you didn't get your house invaded by a cross-dimensional hell dragon in the process.