Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThatPirateguy
Mar 18, 2015

Nuramor posted:

So how do you 'activate' wether you're using Brave or Default? That screenshot wasn't very conclusive.

You use the shoulder buttons to either brave or default. You press L to brave up to 3 times and pressing R to default which just skips the character's turn so he can defend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatPirateguy
Mar 18, 2015

Rigged Death Trap posted:

So is the salve make COMPLETELY FUCKIN BUSTED like every other FF alchemist?

The salve-maker basically allows you to kill most bosses in one turn if you're rich enough to afford the materials.
Also has access to mix.

ThatPirateguy
Mar 18, 2015
Buff up essentially makes a knight immune to physical attacks. Deck one up in your best defensive gear, Use Ironclad on the first turn and voilą, your knight will take 0 damage from every physical attack for the remainder of the battle! Put your other party members in critical status and your other characters are free to wail on the opponent if he only uses physical attacks without any fear of being downed, even at level 1 or more.

The salve-maker is at its peak efficiency at this point in the game, since his multi-target options are relatively cheap and effective. If you had gotten him before fighting Praline, you could have used his items to kill the minions in one turn. And if you put the Red Mage ability that provides 1 BP per enemy killed, you could essentially loop Praline into summoning her minions every turn.

ThatPirateguy
Mar 18, 2015
As long as you have a knight and a salvemaker, you can get through most of the game without gaining exp. A knight with the dancer's auto-buff can solo most bosses, regardless of level. Though you would need several dedicated salvemakers to be truly efficient.

ThatPirateguy
Mar 18, 2015

Omobono posted:

We have dancers? You mean performer or is a dancer asterisk coming up?

I meant the performer asterisk, sorry about that.

ThatPirateguy
Mar 18, 2015
I just have to say that I went into this part of the game completely blind, and that I absolutely loved every second of it. Although I do think it's easy to get burned out past this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatPirateguy
Mar 18, 2015
When I did my no-exp run of the game, I realized that as long as you can get a 50% buff on a dual shield knight with the best equipment available, that you could take no damage from bosses who only use physical attacks. Keep the other party members at critical health and the party takes no damage from physical attacks.
Edea, the knight, would just use ironclad every turn and tank every hit. Once Praline was defeated, equipping buff up made sure that the defense buff never wears off after its first cast. And then Edea learned supercharge and could effectively solo every physical attacking boss in the game at her starting level.
Magic users could be neutralized with reflect and an elemental immunity salve. Really troublesome bosses like Yulyana had to be dealt with in two turns, since meteor means instant death. And the simplest way of doing that was by using Shadow flare for a guarenteed 9999 damage for two full turns. It was a bit grindy.
A single slow salvemaker can also loop Praline into summoning her goons over and over again, since you'll always act after her at low levels.
This game is amazing.