Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
Wow, I think this is the first JRPG I've seen where I underestimated the characters' ages.

Anticrystalism posted:

"And with the establishment of the Duchy of Eternia fifteen years ago under the banner of Anticrystalism, the Orthodoxy became even more irrelevant, and indeed, even forgotten among the people of most lands, save the few still friendly to the religion."

"Under the banner of Anticrystalism, the duchy has used its advanced science and military might in many ways to pressure the lands that still espouse Crystalism."

"It brands the Crystal Orthodoxy as a heretic faith, and the vestals its minions. Some adherents even suspect the Great Chasm was the vestals' doing."
So wait, have people forgotten all about crystals in 15 short years, or is there a rabid anti-crystal government? You, uh, can't really have both at the same time.

"Crystals? Never heard of them. Also, they must be destroyed."

edit: Jeez, you goons, it's not a "spoiler" if it's part of the story. It's a plot point that one of the characters has a journal with future information in it, and the author(s) chose to expose the whole thing to you at once. You're supposed to read it. That's called "writing", not "spoilers". OMG I just read the beginning of Chronicle of a Death Foretold you guys and Marquez totally spoiled that the bishop is gonna get killed at the end!

hey girl you up fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Feb 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

YggiDee posted:

:ssh: Everyone was aged up a few years for the English release.

I... I should have known.

And here I was mildly impressed, thinking it was just the art style.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
I know it's because this image is 4 individual character portraits photos photoshopped together, but the inconsistent lighting and wind sources is bothering me way more than it should.

Interesting game so far; I wasn't expecting the viewpoint to switch to Edea. It and the sequel are only on the 3DS, right? Does the touch screen ever become important enough to make a port problematic?

edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFBhR4QcBtE

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
So Ringabel knows how to pilot an airship, writes about how odd he feels without his armor and sword, and fought with an ability(?) called Black Bane. I don't think Cid is the name we want. Maybe another C- name.

Cloud!

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
Man, this game does a hell of a job of taking any hint of pathos and beating it to death.

Man, Ringabell and this new dude are truly terrible people. "All the residents here gave their lives as human shields so that I could escape and live." "Well, I hope there's some cute girls elsewhere, then!"

"Yes, the vestal passed away a few years ago." "Ah, terrible loss. She had a bangin' body."

hey girl you up fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Mar 23, 2017

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

Crepes are flour-based, not egg-based, to my knowledge. But a good point nonetheless :)
Most crepes use eggs. And generally more egg than flour.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Blademaster_Aio posted:

Of course he had to show up when Ringabel went on his merry way. Seriously.

The timings of villain sneak attacks are terrible, you know.
Yes, so strange that a new character would come by when the amnesiac is conveniently missing for an incredibly stupid reason.

Now, the question is: very dumb plot contrivance, intentional on the part of Rinagbel or Dim, or truly a coincidence? I'm gonna go with number 1 for now.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Patter Song posted:

Dark Knight Alternis Dim has met the party and presumably told people what we look like.

Ringabel was conveniently elsewhere on the flimsiest of justifications when Alternis came by, so they didn't necessarily know he's with them. Incidentally, that also means Alternis would have recognized Ringabel (or he wouldn't haven been written out of that scene). But Victor/Victoria didn't react at all to seeing Ringabel, so they don't recognize him.

So, the journal is D's journal, and it's clearly written by a Dark Knight who knows and is sweet on Edea. It also somehow tells the future? Yeah, I dunno. I feel like there's got to be a time travel/parallel worlds/etc for all of this to make any sense? The "prophecy" in the journal has diverged quite a bit from what actually happened in the game; the author is already not traveling with the party at this point.

So:

1. Ringabel is Alternis, who had a change of heart, and traveled back in time somehow? We have time mages, so I guess that's doable. Victor/Victoria have never seen him out of his armor. Why isn't he in his armor now? Uh... the game uses Terminator time travel rules, so he couldn't bring his weapon or armor with him, but the journal is leather and vellum so it survived the trip.

2. Alternis somehow sent just his journal back in time, where it ended up in the hands of some lovely, lovely amnesiac pervert, and neither of which is actually aware of what's going on. Alternis wouldn't have recognized Ringabel, but it's hard to hide a book.

3. Ringabel got drunk one night and traded his Dark Knight asterisk to some dude Alternis, the former holder of the Oracle asterisk, for his magic future-telling journal.

4. Ringabel and Alternis are twins. After their home town was invaded, Ringabel escaped to join the Crystal Orthodoxy Resistance, but Alternis fled with his mom to badguyville, changed his name, and eventually rose up the ranks to get the Dark Knight asterisk and run things. Victor/Victoria still haven't seen Alternis out of his armor, which will be convenient when he takes it off to frame Ringabel for regicide.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Arcanist and Spiritmaster, as you can see, are this game's version of Magus and Devout. It's not a straight upgrade like, say, in Final Fantasy where you go from Black Mage to Black Wizard, though. They both have their own things. That being said, Corpse is Doom, not Death.
Arcanist is actually a Final Fantasy job, just a rarer one. It showed up in the GBA FF:Tactics games, where it had all of the "weird/non-elemental/darker/debuffs" black magic spells: doom, death, gravity, drain, osmose, level X Y, etc. It wasn't very good.

It's also in the FF14 MMO, where it's similar: Ruin, Bio, Drain, etc. It mostly does damage over time, with direct damage as a backup to keep you busy while your poisons tick away. Since every MMO has to have a pet class, Arcanist got that too, and summons little elemental squirrels to help you out. It has a very geometric/mathematical/scientific theme to it.

Not sure if it's showed up anywhere else; I haven't played 15, any of the 13s, or whatever the mobile spinoff was called with the light warrior and dark warrior parties.

hey girl you up fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Jun 7, 2017

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
In this one specific case, I actually don't mind the swordmaster not going into a long explanation. Set aside they're the bad guys for a second. They think they're right.

Edea is/was a member of the Eternian army. She's the swordmaster's disciple, and she presumably studied under him for years. By all accounts, she's drat good. When he finally deemed her ready, he sent her on a mission to capture the vestal. Hell, he sent her off armed with his finest sword.

And then she turns traitor, killing hundreds of her former comrades.

Out of some fondness for his former student, he's planning to give her one last chance to say, "Yeah, I hosed up," before he kills her. Edea wants a conversation, he does not.

Maybe he'd explain things if she stepped down and let him bring in the vestal, but without the convenient whatever it was, Edea was a dead woman.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Omobono posted:

Edea is the daughter of the boss.
The problem is not why they can't spend 5 minutes now for the cliff notes version of why the crystal orthodoxy is bad news, the problem is why Edea never got briefed on this before getting sent off to capture Agnes.
Sent off with Ominas "Pyromaniac" Crowe I might add, that's just asking for a mutiny considering Edea's personality.

E: seriously Edea's defection felt like an accelerated "We're the baddies" sketch. Half a minute from noticing the skulls to recruiting the party to execute Crowe, no second thoughts.
The Crystal Orthodoxy is an evil cult that covets and uses the crystals for their own ends, manipulated by the evil vestals. Edea knows that already. When a mid-level officer defects and betrays her country, their response is not going to be, "okay, hear me out."

hey girl you up fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Jul 13, 2017

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

MightyPretenders posted:

On another note, there's no way someone that tall is a minor.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ml9-nJmOw4s

(He's 7'7" now that he's 17.)

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Pureauthor posted:

"We're the Swordbearers, so our stronghold needs giant swords on it! Branding, you know!'

But it was a Shieldbearer fort! I guess the scaffolding just came down.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
Can Qada even potion things to death after the team stole his potion powers?

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
Holy hell, poor Mr. and Mrs. Goodman.

"We'll take him in, raise him as our own, and do what we can to keep him from war."
"Okay, sounds great. Thanks!"

[two weeks pass]

"Yeah, we're finally starting to work up a rapport. It's a lot of hard work, but that's what it takes to make a family. What's up?"
"Oh, no biggie, we're just gonna take Egil away to live with another family. Oh and he's going to train to be a solider there okay later don't forget to write!"

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Aside from that possibility, the only one who makes sense is the new maid faking her death via plot contrivance good enough to fool the party or somehow trading places with the wife or something. Also, what the hell party, you should definitely should be trying some antidotes or magic or something. What the hell people, don't just watch a dude fall over dead in front of you.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Rainuwastaken posted:

If you get maimed in the Cutscene Zone, it's completely irreversible, don't you know?

At least do me the courtesy of a throwaway line and some action on the party's part :colbert:. "Oh no, the antidote isn't working because he turned himself to stone of his own volition so this must be a poison even [quogue or whatever idk his name] hasn't seen before!"

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
I think we're all at the point where we and the characters understand that phoenix downs have a limit, and we don't have to have a conversation about it in every RPG. And, in that scene, Aeris, Cloud, and the audience got punked hard. There was no time to react, and I believe in that moment that Cloud is too shocked to act and too broken to know what to do.

Here, the characters barely acknowledge the situation at all.

"Dead?"
"Yup. Died in agony. Probably poison."
"Poison... but when?"

Dude dies hideously in front of them and Edea's simply glancing over, pondering the timeline of events. I get that we've got a party of coldblooded killers here, but it's like they're the player, watching the game play out a murder scene for them to solve.

This is the same party that just almost collectively threw themselves into a volcano, one by one, to save a single child, so it's not like they don't care.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Omobono posted:

This situation is totally because of the ninja girl, isn't it? She has kidnapped/killed the commander's wife and is now posing as her.
That's my guess too, but like I said upthread, I think she's the maid.

FoolyCharged posted:

My personal opinion is that attempts to explain why game mechanics dont apply to cutscenes tend to wind up way worse than just deciding that game mechanics and the story world are seperate.

When the game features a theoretical limitless ability to undo death there's no way to acknowledge that in story without winding up looking goofy as all hell

Omobono posted:

You don't have to explain why in this instance magic isn't going to work. It's magic, you don't have to explain poo poo.
You do have to explain, though, why the party doesn't even try, because that's not how human beings work. I don't care if they know it would be futile, because that's not how human beings work.
Yeah, I'm not trying to beat a dead horse here, but my point is not, "Why didn't they use antidotes, those cure poison and should work here." My point is, "Why didn't they try to do anything at all, like use an antidote, rather than just stand there and watch the guy die."

I mean, I know that the answer is, "There wasn't enough time/money/attention/drive/whatever to do it right."

Blademaster_Aio posted:

Actually [later] issues kind of blind me, I really can't stomach them, so I didn't register all of the other writing strangeness.

Like this murder mystery. I did enjoy it though. Figuring out who killed random maid was fun, even if we were all cool customers about it.
It seems pretty clear to me at that point that following an LP drastically changes the nature of the consumption. For you, it was a fun murder mystery sidequest with an easily-ignored phoned-in plot. For me, it's a narrative with a weak and dissonant murder mystery.

Greyarc posted:

This game suffers from a bad case of... I want to say mood dissonance? As you say, the party's attitudes vary wildly from scene to scene. Their characters change to service whatever the plot needs to be at that moment. One of my big questions with this game, which I'm hoping the LP can help with, is whether the game's writers achieved what they intended.
From what I've seen so far, I think the game has two related issues: it feels incomplete/rushed/vastly under-edited, with some parts of the story obviously having gotten drastically more attention than others.

And it seems to have a bit of an identity crisis: is it a cutesy-looking, pun-laden critical commentary where the enemies exploit societal issues as weapons, or is it a broad comedy where Ringabel is a lecher and the girls are objectified? You really can't have it both ways, or you end up with serious tonal/mood dissonances.

The game might be able to pull a really deft move in act 3 to reconcile everything, but I don't see it coming.

I know I've been one of the more negative posters here, but I'm not following this thread out of some hate-read or something. If I wasn't interested in this game, I'd have ditched this thread a while ago. The characters, story, and systems all interest me. The story has real potential - and then every third update game does something that throws a cold bucket of water at me as a reader.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
Is there a Konoe Kikyo pun I'm missing?

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
Honestly, I cannot imagine a reason they are anti-crystal that would be worth the player not knowing. The only thing I can think of is "the crystals are known to sometimes send people through time, also giving them amnesia", and we still should have gotten more foreshadowing than what we've gotten so far.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

The joke doesn't stop there.

Momma's gonna be Determane "Dee" Lee, maiden name Foult?

edit: whoops, meant to edit this in above

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Blademaster_Aio posted:

I can't say any more because of spoilers. Story needs some tweaking.

Or Edea not knowing at least.

Yeah, I'm not expecting an answer, but that's the one of the few things that I could see withholding from the player (rather than just the cast) that would make sense given what we've already seen. Any "twist" reason that does show up ought not to be out of left field, and the only serious foreshadowing that I've noticed is the Ringabel stuff with the prophetic journal that's not always right and with him never being face-to-face with Dis.

That, and perhaps using an Asterisk makes you slowly lose your mind. (But that might just be a coincidence.)

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Greyarc posted:

It's weak to lightning, shockingly enough.
don't think i didn't see this

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Glazius posted:

So Eternia is subsisting on the power of magic instead of the power of crystals? Or does the power of magic... come from the crystals? It kind of sounded like one was involved somehow.
the white magic cables go to/come from the crystal

i'm sure it's going to be "the crystalists were keeping the crystals' power all to themselves! look what great healing we can do with it now that they've all been murdered!" "oh no it turns out using so much of the crystals' power was bad after all! who could have forseen this?!"

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
Well, it seems so far like Edea's mom is defined entirely by being a wife and mother, so I guess the name works for her. Good poo poo, Bravely Default. I hope we get some backstory about how badass Mama Lee was before her sickness got worse, but I'm not holding my breath.

Also, either Ringabel is not Din or even Motherly hasn't seen Din's face, which I guess doesn't surprise me after this update.

Greyarc posted:

Dislikes: IV drips
I have so many questions about this. IV drips? What the heck is Eternia's medical technology? What are they using to deliver continuous infusions? Do they have plastics for tubing? Rubber hoses? Why are they using a gravity-based system when they must have a better magitek solution? Cost concerns? What are they infusing, anyway?

Does Bravely Second go deeper into the details of the healthcare system this is important

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

To be fair, DeRosso hasn't really talked to the party yet beyond blowing them up on his way to make a visit to Braev.

Also, it's a little strange that his name is so similar to DeRosa's.

It's been long enough since we've seen the red mage that I didn't even realize these two had different names.

Commander Keene posted:

I think this comic sums up the first half of the game rather nicely.

First... half? We're only halfway through this? Good god.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
Braev employed the red mage rapist among other lovely folks, so it's a little weird the game tries to have any sympathy for him.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

What kind of RPG doesn't involve senseless bloodshed that could be easily avoided with a five minute conversation? :shrug:

the good kind

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Mr. Locke posted:

I know that technically the reason for this is that we’re getting some very important world building out of this, but after the way the rest of the game has gone, cynical me just can’t help but see this as DeRosso seeing four young adults absolutely starved of any kind of useful explanation about what’s going on, willing at this point to listen to anyone who’s willing to talk, and going “Finally someone who I can fool into listening to my life story” when they show up again so eager for anything they actually get the keys to his goddamn door from murderbeasts.

Yeah, I can't believe that all this worldbuilding is completely missable, locked away behind a long dragonhunting sidequest.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

The source of his immortality is meant to be intentionally vague.

quote:

Did I forge a dark pact with some fiendish entity that day? Or was it a rebirth, triggered by a future me reaching back to the past?
That's a very weird and specific phrasing. I can see how some future him could save him in the moment, but not how he would continue to live for another 2400 years. Listen: Billy DeRosso has come unstuck in time?

There's so many weird halfassed maybe time travel references (Ringabel/D's Book, Ringabel and Din never seeing each other, both being obsessed with Edea, Din being sent away, and now this) that, given how this game works, I assume another missable sidequest will be forcing Din to somehow go back in time and accidentally join the party. And also that we'll never get a Ringabel explanation without it. Or maybe I'm completely off-base here but that journal ugh.

Also, the Crystal "Adventists"? Adventism is waiting for the coming of someone or something. What's coming? :ohdear: (Given that someone said this is only the halfway point or so, I assume a new world map.)

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Greyarc posted:

Entry 75 - Part 2: *Exposition Continues*
He also took arms and armor the Orthodoxy had seized from around the world...items of such power that their use was forbidden. He took them all and sealed them away in a hidden location.

I smell another endgame sidequest!

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Friend Commuter posted:

Sure, the Orthodoxy's officials were a bunch of shitbags who got what they deserved, but that doesn't justify sending the War Crimes Brigade to invade the rest of the world.

Orthodoxy: Killed their people to end a plague rather than betray their faith to heal them. Did some shady politicking 2000 years ago.
Duchy: Killed the Orthodoxy's armies and leadership almost to a man, healed their people, invaded the rest of the world to take over using the most heinous methods, maybe doomed the world to catastrophe by killing off the orthodoxy
Our Party: Killed the Duchy's armies and leadership almost to a man, listened to our apparently evil fairy to awaken the crystals, probably are going to further doom the world next update?

:ohdear:

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

FoolyCharged posted:

And? What happens immediately after beating alternis is the twist itself. You go, wait this isn't right and wake up in bizzaro timeline with no explanation.

E: seriously though. All the game hints is that the crystals/orthodoxy are actually bad. None of this time loop stuff, just bog standard "and now we kill god" jrpg fare. The people going wink wink nudge nudge absolutely spoiled it for me.

The Ringabel is Alternis And Probably From Some Time Fuckery was telegraphed hard as hell in the Journal. 10x so if you pick up on the fact that Ringabel is removed from the scene for an incredibly stupid reason when we first meet Din.

edit: my post from right after the Beauty Contest, when I went back and re-read the Journal:

hey girl you up posted:

Ringabel was conveniently elsewhere on the flimsiest of justifications when Alternis came by, so they didn't necessarily know he's with them. Incidentally, that also means Alternis would have recognized Ringabel (or he wouldn't haven been written out of that scene). But Victor/Victoria didn't react at all to seeing Ringabel, so they don't recognize him.

So, the journal is D's journal, and it's clearly written by a Dark Knight who knows and is sweet on Edea. It also somehow tells the future? Yeah, I dunno. I feel like there's got to be a time travel/parallel worlds/etc for all of this to make any sense? The "prophecy" in the journal has diverged quite a bit from what actually happened in the game; the author is already not traveling with the party at this point.

So:

1. Ringabel is Alternis, who had a change of heart, and traveled back in time somehow? We have time mages, so I guess that's doable. Victor/Victoria have never seen him out of his armor. Why isn't he in his armor now? Uh... the game uses Terminator time travel rules, so he couldn't bring his weapon or armor with him, but the journal is leather and vellum so it survived the trip.

2. Alternis somehow sent just his journal back in time, where it ended up in the hands of some lovely, lovely amnesiac pervert, and neither of which is actually aware of what's going on. Alternis wouldn't have recognized Ringabel, but it's hard to hide a book.

3. Ringabel got drunk one night and traded his Dark Knight asterisk to some dude Alternis, the former holder of the Oracle asterisk, for his magic future-telling journal.

4. Ringabel and Alternis are twins. After their home town was invaded, Ringabel escaped to join the Crystal Orthodoxy Resistance, but Alternis fled with his mom to badguyville, changed his name, and eventually rose up the ranks to get the Dark Knight asterisk and run things. Victor/Victoria still haven't seen Alternis out of his armor, which will be convenient when he takes it off to frame Ringabel for regicide.

I would not have expected to have to play the game over from the beginning, though, were it not for all the people in this thread complaining about the second half of the game. A World of Ruin wouldn't merit those complaints.

hey girl you up fucked around with this message at 00:30 on May 18, 2018

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
So if you're thorough and play through as much of the early game as possible, your reward is... less exposition later on?

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Solitair posted:

Last Journal Page

Din's journal is interesting to (re-)re-read now.

Greyarc posted:

That leaves little room to doubt his second prediction will hold true. Within the coming days, the vestal and her friends will come here. I only pray I have the strength to stop them as I was asked to...

Thinking back, the vestal's followers have been with her from the start. Ever since Caldisla. Agnès Oblige, vestal to the Wind Crystal... I never imagined the young girl I met on that pier would bear such a fate.

And Tiz Arrior. For the boy I pulled from that canyon river to become a guard and ally to the vestal on her journey... It seems on so many counts, I bear the fault for all of this.

A long, harsh journey to erase the Great Chasm. A vestal who crossed the putrid sea and stagnant air to survive. A boy whose home was swallowed. In retrospect, they seem a natural pair. Inevitable, even.

And Edea... I expect you, too, will join the vestal here. You were ever a tomboy. Capricious. Pure and stubborn. Quick to tears... Perfect. I know not what it is you see in the vestal. What spark resonated within you. But I swear this now, I will keep you safe. At any cost.

The ship's siren has begun to sound, and the pilot's taking her up, just as planned. The time is come, then. This may be the last entry I am able to write. I'm removing Edea's picture from its frame and placing it within these pages. I want her by my side...

His last words make me wonder now if he knew this whole dimension-hopping cycle thing would happen, saw he was inherently linked to the party, and intentionally ditched his armor (so Edea wouldn't recognize him) and screwed up his memory somehow (so he wouldn't be too proud to join them or screw up and betray who he was).

also that endboss is a scary lookin monster

edit: the stuff before this is interesting too, with how Fire World played out the first time and other things. I just quoted the relevant section to the convo.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
Someone told me that bravely second has a redemption arc for de rosa and that's enough for me to say "gently caress that game forever".

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
octopus royalty is a continuous inking motion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Greyarc posted:

......*squeeeeze*
seriously, gently caress this game.

i assume the combat system must be really good, because i seriously have no other idea why this game gets praise. i figured as this lp went on, something would happen to redeem its deeply, deeply lovely parts. and nothing does. it's just bad.

despite all of its machinations and hoops to jump through to get the true ending, the story has no deep message to share. friendship is good. its most enduring message, its final message, is that sexual assault should be tolerated so long as the person also does good things sometimes.

gently caress bravely default.