Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

AweStriker posted:

If we stop posting that can't happen!

But I'm staying until the end so good luck with that.
Well, if the LP ends in a pillar of light and we wake up to Greyarc starting the LP over, I'm breaking the SA forums database so I can delay him for 5,000 years. Then it'll be somebody else's problem.

Natural 20 posted:

I did every side quest in the game apart from Chapter 6. I then replayed the game on hard as a fiesta run and did all of them again.

Honestly I love the battle system in this game so much that it really really was a struggle for me to actually get bored.
The game's battle system is reminiscent of FF5 in a very good way, and it really helps what would otherwise be a game-ruining slog. But by the time I got to the end, I was ready to move on to another game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

1234567890num posted:

Praline really is the devil :argh:

For those who don't play the game: As you can see from Greyarc's job explanations, "My Hero" gives everyone 1 BP but costs 2 BP, so this effectively costs 1 BP. However, in Praline's case, the cost for "My Hero" is a whopping 0 BP, which added with its effect means that Praline GAINS 1 BP everytime she cast it. She spams that, meaning that her teammates can Brave indefinitely. It's even more unfair than Alternis' Dark Bane or Qada's Dark Breath.
To be fair, one of the BP battery setups for this game is to combine Performer and Freelancer; you use My Hero once, and them Mimic it three times, gaining one BP each Mimic usage (because Mimic'd commands don't have any cost to the user). The combat system in Bravely Default changes Mimic from a gimmick command useful in a few setups into a powerful universal tool, and it's an excellent capstone to the Freelancer; you can bypass Summon's high MP cost, mitigate the damage Dark Knight abilities cause to you, infinitely Compound powerful attack/buff items, and more.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

1234567890num posted:

Yeah, I guess this is true. I used this combo plenty of times, and this combined with Hasten World basically lets us bypass the cost of doing this combo for ourselves. Or we can just use Shippunjirai and Stillness loop to kill any enemy.

I'm saying that this game's gameplay is great. Praline is still the devil, though.
I like it when games allow you to do (most of) the cool stuff the enemies do. Praline's skipping a step here, but 0BP My Hero spam is totally a thing that the player can do (and probably has, by this point; you could see it as the game leveling the playing field). I don't even see it as unfair.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I did the initial boss rush in this update, but I didn't know/had forgotten you could fight boss rush rush. :stare: This is a really fun game, trying as hard as it can to be not fun.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I enjoyed my time with BD, but by the time I finished this game, I was ready to move on to something else. Not quite "have my cat bury the game cartridge outside" (I also don't own a cat), but yeah it was time to be playing other things.

YggiDee posted:

I missed out on the camera gimmick for the last fight because I inevitably finish JRPGs at 3am in the dark.
Same here, but with all video games. One of the downsides to working nights.