Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

We haven’t fought Artemia yet right?

I’m pretty sure I did every sidequest first, then did the crystals thing. At the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Pureauthor posted:

boy that sure was a lot of explainations about what's going on

yep, sure was

Yes.

We learned lots.

Like how the writers could have put actual explanations here, but didn’t. Which is lame.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

There are definitely some things they could’ve condensed with the later or earlier stuff, but we’ll wait for the LP before discussing it.

At any rate, it does get better.

There are some things in the plot I refuse to forgive though.

We’ve already seen two of them.

Edea doesn’t know what Alternis looks like, or the game never mentions it. Even as a side “Ringabel you look like someone I know.”

And the second one is how people refuse to explain much. Or back down.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Yeah, Second improves on a lot of the issues in the first game.

The ‘I will never explain’ is tossed in the trash where it belongs.

Also Yew is one of my favourite characters.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Bravely second is full of choices in sidequests, so you’re free to forever snub certain characters due to your choices.

Either way...

It doesn’t have the glaring black holes in the plot that Bravely default does.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

I actually don’t mind Chapter 5 as much as some of the other things in this game.

Like Edea never once bringing up how Ringabel looks like the spitting image of her childhood friend.

And the game not explaining anything in the first part, and the not explaining being an actual plot point. It’s just bad.

And one more thing, but I’ll wait till the LP advances and shows us stuff before I mention it.

Also Til being a hero is like... the Eternians are really incompetent.

They were chased off by a little boy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

I just wanted to say that the fact that an edgelord like Alternis turns into someone like Ringabel is pretty amazing and funny. I know Greyarc explained his personality and development, but still. After all, I highly doubt Mr. Dark knight would ever go around hitting on other women.