Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Victor and Victoria's simulatneous death quote is a nice touch. It's a shame the Barras and Holly battle doesn't have it (Greyarc doesn't show any so I don't remember if they even have death quotes at all). Does the Khamer and Khint battle have it?

1234567890num fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Feb 13, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

The mental image of Praline giving out fingers and toes might be interesting, but let's not forget the real questions here: do telephones even exist in this game?

Regalingualius posted:

Don’t forget giving one of the characters a sidequest that gives them insane stat growths just after those growths are rendered completely useless.

What is this referring to? I forgot most of FF8, honestly.

1234567890num fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Nov 20, 2018

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

:stare: That's a lot of battle dialogues. It's nice that the developers decide to be :effortless: after the slog that was Chapter 5.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Praline really is the devil :argh:

For those who don't play the game: As you can see from Greyarc's job explanations, "My Hero" gives everyone 1 BP but costs 2 BP, so this effectively costs 1 BP. However, in Praline's case, the cost for "My Hero" is a whopping 0 BP, which added with its effect means that Praline GAINS 1 BP everytime she cast it. She spams that, meaning that her teammates can Brave indefinitely. It's even more unfair than Alternis' Dark Bane or Qada's Dark Breath.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Commander Keene posted:

To be fair, one of the BP battery setups for this game is to combine Performer and Freelancer; you use My Hero once, and them Mimic it three times, gaining one BP each Mimic usage (because Mimic'd commands don't have any cost to the user). The combat system in Bravely Default changes Mimic from a gimmick command useful in a few setups into a powerful universal tool, and it's an excellent capstone to the Freelancer; you can bypass Summon's high MP cost, mitigate the damage Dark Knight abilities cause to you, infinitely Compound powerful attack/buff items, and more.

Yeah, I guess this is true. I used this combo plenty of times, and this combined with Hasten World basically lets us bypass the cost of doing this combo for ourselves. Or we can just use Shippunjirai and Stillness loop to kill any enemy.

I'm saying that this game's gameplay is great. Praline is still the devil, though.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Frozenzen posted:

Until this point I tried to play the game at least somewhat fairly, but these fights made me break it utterly. Hasten world+stillness until max BP, nuke and repeat. The only real finesse needed for this setup is that your entire party needs to outspeed the enemy, and your stillness caster needs to be the slowest partymember.

You can also have everyone else attack with Shippunjirai. That way speed won't matter. I find that looking at the speed stat to figure out the turn order isn't reliable for some reason.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Speaking about Mammon, there's a special JP version of her that has a special Elixir steal. I think the only way to get her now is through Streetpass. That Elixir is special because it can be sold for loads of pg, instead of normal Elixir which is sold for a pittance. It's a great way to get rich quick. :homebrew:

The nemesis Eternians are insanely strong. To this day I still haven't beat any of them.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Great job with this LP, Greyarc!

This game has amazing gameplay with a great start, but it got very shaky in the middle with a disappointing ending. That said, I still don't think it's "bury the game" bad. At least Serpent Eating the Ground is a great reward for getting to the end.

I really can't imagine how the original JP version's players manage to get to finish this game without all the QOL and sidequests improvements.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

TwoPair posted:

Not to tell you how to run your own LP, Greyarc, but you missed out on Ouroboros' neat gimmick in his final phase. He has an attack called Divergence which locks down all of a character's moves except for Default and Summon Friend. So it forces you to use the power of friendship from other worlds (in case the scene with the alternate earths saving themselves from destruction to help you fight on wasn't hitting you over the head with the message hard enough) if you want to attack. And I thought that was super cool on my first run (and count me among the others who never saw the camera showing the "Celestial Realm" due to playing in the dark).

This part might seems cool, but keep in mind that you can only use each attack from a friend once. That means that if you don't use the online feature, you'd end up only being able to attack 4 times and having to default for a long time. Not to mention that the attacks from Friend Bot etc are very poo poo.

Another idea that was cool in concept but with flawed execution, I guess.