Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Who is the deadshit that keeps buying everyone in this thread these lovely avatars?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Pisscat?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Who is the deadshit that keeps buying everyone in this thread these lovely avatars?
somebody with too much cash to burn

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Dear avatar buyer. Please return auspol to status quo. Give everyone the Anidav staring at dog avatar.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I WAS interested to see people in the Cairns Post (19/1) screaming, along with Pauline Hanson, “ban the burqa”.

This has been a marvellous distraction pulled off by the Federal Government.

Did anyone notice that petrol just rose 16¢/L?

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Zenithe posted:

So there are two marks on the wall on the rental property I'm leaving and the landlord has said we have to repaint the whole room.

He can get hosed right? (qld)
It's not exactly hard to paint a room. Sounds like you'll need to do very little prep and obviously no need for undercoat. The longest part of the job is always cutting in, so choose a tint that's close to the ceiling so 'painting outside the lines' won't be noticeable. If you need any specific tips just ask.

auspol

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Did anyone notice that petrol just rose 16¢/L?
Expect to see more of it.

One of the major retailers is currently trading volume for margin. It's working as everyone else is dog piling on to a degree. Chuck on in-store purchases and reduced logistics costs and it's become more than a short term sugar rush even though it's pointless in the long run.

Graic Gabtar fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Feb 5, 2017

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
He's decided to be really difficult, so first thing tomorrow I'm going to talk to the RTA and try and sort this poo poo out. First on ticket is why cleaning we paid for hasn't been done. Painting is all good though, sorted now.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
The ABC's lightning rod for national debate and controversy Q&A returns to our screens on Monday night and it will literally be bigger than ever – with a post-show play-by-play called Q&A Extra making its debut to kick off the 2017 season.

Tapping into the audience and media interest that has given Q&A a post-broadcast after-life like no other program on television, the "soft launch" of Q&A Extra will be hosted by Tracey Holmes on ABC News Radio nationwide and broadcast as a Facebook Live event each week, starting immediately after the traditional television broadcast ends.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

:barf:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Helen Andrews
Helen Andrews is a political analyst and writer for National Review, First Things, the Claremont Review of Books and other American magazines, and is a regular panellist on ABC News 24's Planet America.

She was formerly a policy analyst at the Centre for Independent Studies in Sydney, writing on charity regulation, preventive health, anti-discrimination law and also served as managing editor of the CIS's quarterly publication Policy. She was a contributor to Proud to Be Right: Voices of the Next Conservative Generation, edited by Jonah Goldberg.

In the lead-up to the US election she was a strong supporter of Donald Trump and has continued to back his administration since his inauguration.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Lid posted:

Helen Andrews
Helen Andrews is a political analyst and writer for National Review, First Things, the Claremont Review of Books and other American magazines, and is a regular panellist on ABC News 24's Planet America.

She was formerly a policy analyst at the Centre for Independent Studies in Sydney, writing on charity regulation, preventive health, anti-discrimination law and also served as managing editor of the CIS's quarterly publication Policy. She was a contributor to Proud to Be Right: Voices of the Next Conservative Generation, edited by Jonah Goldberg.

In the lead-up to the US election she was a strong supporter of Donald Trump and has continued to back his administration since his inauguration.

Good lord.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://mobile.twitter.com/QandA/status/828173570652069888

Daisy Cousens
Daisy Cousens is a freelance journalist and (occasional) provocateur based in Sydney, Australia. She graduated from the University of Sydney in 2015 with a Master of Creative Writing, having previously gained a Bachelor of Music at the Australian Institute of Music and a Bachelor of Arts at Macquarie University.

Soon after completing her Masters, Daisy became a contributor at SheSaid online magazine, and in 2016 began freelancing for The Spectator Australia. Her focus is political ideology, culture and satire. She was also editorial assistant at Quadrant magazine, and remains a continuing contributor for the Quadrant print edition.

In addition, Daisy has recently begun writing for deadcentrepolitics.com, with a focus on the conservative stance. She is also taking part in a think tank at the Menzies Research Centre, presenting the downside of national debt and deficit to millennials.

Daisy also enjoys sports journalism, and has freelanced for The Roar Sports with a focus on tennis.

Lid fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Feb 5, 2017

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Jesus christ.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/GhostWhoVotes/status/828201794740162561

https://twitter.com/GhostWhoVotes/status/828201292753362944

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Lid posted:

Daisy Cousens

Ah someone even more unfunny than Rowan Dean, great.

Khagan
Aug 8, 2012

Words cannot describe just how terrible Vietnamese are.
Have ISPs begun logging our search history because of :filez: yet? Asking for a friend.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Khagan posted:

Have ISPs begun logging our search history because of :filez: yet? Asking for a friend.
Yeah

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Lid posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/QandA/status/828173570652069888

Daisy Cousens
Daisy Cousens is a freelance journalist and (occasional) provocateur based in Sydney, Australia. She graduated from the University of Sydney in 2015 with a Master of Creative Writing, having previously gained a Bachelor of Music at the Australian Institute of Music and a Bachelor of Arts at Macquarie University.

Soon after completing her Masters, Daisy became a contributor at SheSaid online magazine, and in 2016 began freelancing for The Spectator Australia. Her focus is political ideology, culture and satire. She was also editorial assistant at Quadrant magazine, and remains a continuing contributor for the Quadrant print edition.

In addition, Daisy has recently begun writing for deadcentrepolitics.com, with a focus on the conservative stance. She is also taking part in a think tank at the Menzies Research Centre, presenting the downside of national debt and deficit to millennials.

Daisy also enjoys sports journalism, and has freelanced for The Roar Sports with a focus on tennis.

Imagine graduating university with those degrees, writing articles of that calibre and ending up at a right wing think tank.

I checked her SheSaid contributions. She churned out left-leaning buzzfeed style articles.

quote:

Daisy is a writer, actress, and outspoken feminist. She has a peculiar fixation with tennis and often shouts, "Vamos Rafa!" at inappropriate moments. Harry Potter is her spirit animal.

DEAR WOMEN, PLEASE STOP LAUGHING AT SEXIST REMARKS
BY Daisy Cousens
TAGS: alpha male, chauvinism, chauvinistic norms, clinical psychologist, clinical psychologist Dr Lissa Johnson, dating, Dr. Lissa Johnson, feminine, Feminism, first date, girl power, hyper-sexualising women, psychology, self-objectification, self-subjugation, sexism, social conditioning, status quo, women are crazy

lol. Now I know where she developed her woke, hot take style.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Depends on the ISP at the moment doesn't it? I remember reading most of the small ones just aren't doing it because it's far too expensive.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Well, she's graduated. Here in full technicolour:

Mummy and Daddy bought my degrees and all I got was this lousy sense of entitlement posted:

Tough luck, lefties. It’s Trump train time

So, lefties. It happened. In the biggest “f-ck you” to the establishment since the Colonies broke away from the Crown, Donald Trump has been voted President of the United States. None of you can quite believe the man the media ruthlessly slandered for two years has ascended to power. By your standards, the world has gone mad. In some terrible twist of fate, the narrative has gone wrong. And given the anti-Trump mainstream zeitgeist you’ve been fed, you just can’t fathom where or why.

But here’s the thing, snowflakes. If you paid any attention to what goes on outside your Facebook News Feed, you’d have realised this result is the furthest thing from surprising. So when you’re done slut-shaming Melania Trump, and mocking her accent (by the way, she speaks five languages), I’m more than happy to explain it to you. In great and glorious detail.

First things first: the media has unashamedly lied to you. All the polls were either wrong or rigged. The coverage was blatantly skewed, prompting some right-wing commentators to nickname CNN the “Clinton News Network”. Why? Because the mainstream media is almost entirely controlled by the leftist establishment. You can ‘Rupert Murdoch’ me all you want, but the anti-Trump, pro-leftist agenda was crushingly obvious. However, this agenda failed. And the reason it failed is because of one simple yet crucial truth-bomb your leftie eyes have simply refused to see:

Most people don’t agree with you.

In fact, most people have never agreed with you. Not just in the USA, but globally. This leftist narrative of globalism, multiculturalism, and social justice does not ring true in the real world. Why? Because the first priority of the vast majority of people is making a buck. That doesn’t mean they’re not interested in those other things; it just means they’re more interested in feeding their families. The only people who can actually afford to buy into your social justice narrative are the (to use your favourite word) privileged leftist elites.

As such, Donald Trump’s promise of a domestic rather than globalist agenda is hugely appealing to everyday Americans. They’re prepared to overlook Trump’s personal flaws because they feel betrayed by the liberal establishment. And although they have remained silent in the mainstream arena, they’ve spoken where their voices ring the loudest, the polling booths. Okay, Hillary Clinton won the popular vote, but who cares? It was by the tiny margin of 0.4 percent. If a few more disaffected Republican voters hadn’t slept through their alarms, Trump would have won that too.

“But, no!” you’ll cry, wildly flapping your hands in protest. “Trump supporters are all racist! Sexist! Homophobic! Ignorant! White supremacist!” Yeah, they’ve heard it all before. However, if you look at the facts, it’s obvious to anyone with an adult functioning brain that not all Trump supporters are bigots.

Of the seven hundred counties who voted for Obama twice, one-third of them went red this election. The states of Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania, former Democratic strongholds, voted Republican for the first time since the 1980s. The white people in those counties and states didn’t just suddenly become racist, after voting in America’s first black president. They simply changed their minds or didn’t show up to vote, not because they’re bigots, but because the Democrats have failed them.

As for the narrative, this result is a ‘white-lash’ against racial minorities; total rubbish. More white people voted for Mitt Romney when he was the Republican candidate in 2012 than did for Trump in 2016. Mind-blowingly, Trump also received more votes from Blacks and Hispanics than Romney did. In other words, Donald Trump, the man you’ve smeared as the worst kind of racist, received the extra minority votes Hillary Clinton needed in order to win the election. Cruel, ain’t it?

Regardless of this myth-busting, I won’t deny there are some nasty swampland bigots on the Trump Train. But that’s largely because of the liberal media, helped along by your leftie-squawking on Facebook. You’ve taken Trump’s stringent but understandable methods of controlling illegal immigration, blown them up, and turned him into the new father of white supremacy. However, many of these nasty-swamp-bigots generally don’t make it out of the marshes to vote. And since you were the ones who created this hyperbolic ‘white pride’ narrative, that following is actually your fault. Not Trump’s.

However, your most cherished narrative is that Hillary lost because she’s a woman. Guess what? Wrong again. In 2003, a Gallup poll showed eighty-seven percent of Americans were happy to vote for a woman president, and the normalisation of women in power has come in leaps and bounds since then. The reason people didn’t want to vote for Hillary wasn’t because she was a woman. They just didn’t want to vote for this particular woman. There are plenty of other reasons not to vote for her; most notably the fact she represents the corrupt liberal establishment that has razed America to the ground over the last eight years. Lord Voldemort would have been a better candidate.

However, those aren’t the only reasons Republicans clinched the win. I hate to break it to you, lefties, but Trump supporters voted accordingly because they’ve had it with your blunt intolerance of differing opinions. Rather than engaging with your opponent, you have a nasty habit of defaulting to buzzwords like “racist”, “sexist”, “ignorant”, and “bigot”, instead of reasoned debate. That’s called “bullying”, and the right is royally sick of it. The election of Donald Trump is a direct retaliation to these oppressive tactics by the regressive left. You’ve been shovelling coal into the Trump Train this whole time. And that’s why conservatives the world over are trying (and failing) not to gloat.

Look, I know this is a lot to take in. But facts don’t care about your feelings. You’re losing. People are rejecting your doctrine of identity politics, political correctness, and intellectual suppression. Freedom of speech, personal autonomy, and intellectual diversity are making quite the comeback. And no amount of trigger warnings or safe spaces is going to stop that. Face it, snowflakes. The Trump Train is leaving the station. So you’d best knuckle down, and buckle up because it’s waiting for no one.

Just so she can't claim she never wrote it.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Like here's the list of ISPs that managed to get funding to become compliant
https://www.ag.gov.au/NationalSecurity/DataRetention/Documents/DRIGP-recipients.pdf

It's obviously not a foolproof way to tell, but if you're with a tiny ISP and they didn't get funding, I can't imagine they'd be racing to be compliant.

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012
The most tragic thing in the world is that the concept of making a buck and making a living has been inseparably entwined in the global conciousness. People out to make a buck always do it at the expense of people just trying to make a living, but with the rise of credit and yearly iPhones upgrades, we've been tricked into thinking we're trying to make a buck when we're really being squeezed for all our collective worth. Donald Trump is the logical endpoint to the delusion that the exploitative class and the workers of the world somehow share the same goals. AGC.

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please
Lol I gave up at "the media" part. It was the media that gave Trump the oxygen he needed, he was a darling up until they realised they'd given a crazy all the airtime and none of the criticism.

Khagan
Aug 8, 2012

Words cannot describe just how terrible Vietnamese are.

Nibbles! posted:

Lol I gave up at "the media" part. It was the media that gave Trump the oxygen he needed, he was a darling up until they realised they'd given a crazy all the airtime and none of the criticism.

This was true before they realised he would become the Republican nominee. After that most of the talk about Trump was about feeding into their narrative and/or fact-checking.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Lmao.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
https://twitter.com/BreakfastNews/status/828355704205434880

HHHHHRRRRRRRNNNGGGGGGGGG

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

lol

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
I will vote for Cory Bernardi for PM at the next election :twisted:

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
tony_abbott_death_is_certain.gif

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

LOL this is going to blow up in both the Liberals and Cory's faces. Cory wants to be a leader and thinks he is like Trump, but everyone knows Cory is a disgusting right wing homophobe.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Welcome to Accelerationist Monday! How many will defect?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

If Bernardi leaves the Libs do they get to replace him in the Senate?

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

I really don't see what's in it for Corey. Won't this just weaken the right wing of the Liberal party? People who would vote for his 'Conservative' party already vote Liberal.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Let's see how it pans out; There is the chance that this is agitating for a spill too.

Split, spill or hot air. Place your bets.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

MysticalMachineGun posted:

If Bernardi leaves the Libs do they get to replace him in the Senate?

I don't think so; when Lambie left the PUP she became an independent and stayed in the Senate.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Purity. That's more important to Cory and most of the catallaxy Right. Now that split will be interesting: Cory or Pauline?

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts
Between this and the Super Bowl it's gonna be a fun day.

open24hours posted:

I really don't see what's in it for Corey. Won't this just weaken the right wing of the Liberal party? People who would vote for his 'Conservative' party already vote Liberal.
This, but may just start going batshit crazy with demands to pass crap in the Senate. A complete YOLO.

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug
Channel 7 just can't get enough Pauline.

https://twitter.com/sunriseon7/status/828013748774244352

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Did anyone warn them about the splits?

• Locked thread