Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Trump leaked that report to humiliate Turnball. Humiliation!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Guy on Radio National is talking about how automation and moving jobs to the lowest cost location will result in people "finding something else to do" as an off-handed result.

"Finding Something Else To Do"'. That's what you call a revolution. Or a civil war.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

DancingShade posted:

Australia has lots of services industries to export such as

The Professor being interviewed wanted to offshore his paper work, the daily routines he wants to get someone else to do, so he could spend more time teaching students.

I really wanted to ask who is going to be paying to listen when we have no jobs to pay for it, huge debts after it., and no jobs at the end of the education he was so thoughtfully providing.

Sadly I don't think he'd thought that far ahead.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Synthbuttrange posted:

Spicer addressed the spat today and declared that President Trump and 'Prime Minister Trumbull' had a cordial chat. :v:

Mods need to change it so any mention of Trumbull is converted to Trumbull automatically.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Sean Spicer called The Australian Prime Minister Trumball *again* today. This is deliberate now, bullying of a a friend and ally.

The good news is, we won't be going to the Iran invasion after this I suspect.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Mods, please make all references to the Leader of Australia as The President of Australia Trumball.

Frankly, I applaud the US Government's support of the Republican movement.

In other news, The Future of Shopping is here today. A shop made up of nothing but Vending machines. No staff (apart from the delivery guy to load it up, and the owner presumably to collect the money). No theft. The perfect solution to any small shop. The Future is here today.

Comstar fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Feb 5, 2017

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Good News Everyone! You can thank Tony for the continuing destruction of the Liberal Party

quote:

It was a conversation with former prime minister Tony Abbott that sealed the deal.

Liberal senator Cory Bernardi had been fending off months of speculation that he was about to defect and spearhead his own conservative movement.
Still despairing over the Liberal Party's decision to copy another Labor policy and kill off a sitting prime minister in its first term and the role it played in the Coalition's near-death election experience, Bernardi confided his worries to Abbott.
The two canvassed a range of options, including the much-speculated defection. Bernardi was dismayed when several days later details he had only confided to Abbott turned up in The Australian newspaper. In subsequent articles Abbott himself would be quoted urging against any split. Mr Abbott told Fairfax Media on Monday he has "never" leaked to The Australian.

Feeling betrayed by a man whom he had loyally supported, Bernardi added it to the list of other ailments he felt had infected Australian politics.
Bernardi first sensed a problem in 2009, when during a heated and divisive partyroom debate on whether the Coalition should support Kevin Rudd's emissions trading scheme, one of his colleagues, the deceased West Australian MP Don Randall, rose to his feet and said: "I don't give a stuff about the national interest, I want to get re-elected and this needs to go away."

Bernardi went back to his Senate office and wrote down the quote. He never forgot it. It was the beginning of the end.

The story is not clear at all if he meant he was happy not to give a stuff for the national interest, or if he only cares about getting re-elected, or both.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

I had a Marist Brothers house like a street away from my house growing up. I know one of the brothers used to go for walks passed the school until he was asked to change his route. 20% is hosed up.

The school I went to was next door to a group that had 40% reported members doing it. Someone ask Cori Bernardi when he will call on all Catholics to denounce this. He can further differentiate his party from the LNP by doing it too!

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Frogfingers posted:

It happened again?

What? I don't get it.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
The Labour Shadow AG wrote to the AG asking if he's aware that a minister is breaking the constitution (for making money from the rental of a Post Office I think) and is thus ineligible for his seat. Meaning a by-election and the possible loss of majority government. Uh oh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Professor was on PM saying it's perfectly safe to live in Mt Isa so long as you clean your dust filled house better than a surgery, never ever let the kids out in the open, and make sure young kids never touch anything with their hands. Then you get lead poisoning, but it's otherwise completely safe to live there. Also everyone needs to get tested for lead levels, presumably at your own expense.

The ABC reporter for some reason kept saying it was completely safe so long as you do the right thing*. (So long as you do the right thing and behave like you're on Mars and wearing a space suit).

---------
* As in it was pretty clearly the intent to mean that if you get Lead Poisoning it's YOUR FAULT and nothing to do with the mining, and most definatly nothing to do with any mining companies!

Comstar fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Feb 9, 2017

• Locked thread