Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Paingod556 posted:

Another Worst Straya election update

Got home to one of these.

This thread clued me into this bullshit, thanks guys.

What's this in aid of, again? Just building a database of people who postal vote?

Found one of those in my mailbox this arvo, it's still sitting on my counter unopened, thanks for saving me the trouble!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

I want to fire high income earners out of a cannon into the sun.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Zenithe posted:

I'm currently under an SDA work agreement, here are some of its greatest hits:

-possible to work 10 hour shifts with no break (token break, no time spent not working)
-only public holiday that gets extra pay is Christmas day, everything else standard weekend rates regardless.
-expired in 2014, meaning that the last three years everyone under the agreement has been getting an effective paycut as inflation goes up.

Wow that's well hosed up.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

open24hours posted:

http://parlinfo.aph.gov.au/parlInfo...plication%2Fpdf

GST going up being applied to low value imports.

From the wording this will also extend to stuff bought online:

quote:

If a supply of low value goods that is connected with the ITZ because of these amendments (an offshore supply of low value goods) or an inbound intangible consumer supply is made through an electronic distribution platform, the operator of the platform is treated as having made the supply for the purposes of GST.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

If anyone cares, some pics of the monstrous WA Liberal mailer being sent out from Eleni's office:

https://twitter.com/GarbageDotNet/status/833648408845914113

It's loving enormous. The big part is double-sided as well.

Pile Of Garbage fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Feb 20, 2017

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

MysticalMachineGun posted:

"Now there's a man who'd like to gently caress his daughters"

lmaooooo

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

gay picnic defence posted:

Whats the best way to deal with an apparent failure to vote notice from some local council election?

Can't really afford a fine.

I failed to vote in the 2008 federal election, didn't pay the fine and when the AEC sent a summons I just wrote "Return to Sender" on it and mailed it right back. Never heard from them again about the matter and I've since changed my address on the electoral roll twice and voted in all federal elections since.

So yeah, just try ignoring it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

poo poo but followed

• Locked thread