Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I like how the domestic political situation has become so bleak and depressing of late we all collectively retreated into sci fi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Lid posted:

The front runner for the next doctor is Tilda Swinton

Not Idris Elba but still sounds good to me.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

foot posted:

Richard Ayoade.

Him too. But he's going to have to get his previous co-stars as Tardis companions or something.

Maybe Jen could be the new Rani.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

gay picnic defence posted:

Looks like the government has found an innovative new solution to the problem of bracket creep... send wages backwards
http://www.theage.com.au/business/t...222-guifjc.html

This innovative solution has been in place for quite some time. Surprisingly good comments on that article.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Anidav posted:

Bill Shorten has such an election winning hand.

gently caress Negative Gearing
gently caress the Banks
gently caress paycuts

How could you even lose the next election with political capital like that?

Depending on how likely a complete economic crash is on the horizon he might not want to get into office and get left holding the bag.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I say go all in and make all the Monday to Friday occupations work across weekends.

Banks, government departments, the lot.

They can have four rostered days off every fortnight that will be on a rolling rota. They may or may not be adjacent days. Who knows, it changes all the time.

It would be a hell of a shock to finally understand what shift workers live with.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Lid posted:

Hahahahahahahahaha

This but louder and drunker.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

FuckenPunchOn posted:

It makes me angry that the TV is going to pretend the mad monk was a great dude when Tony Abbott dies in like 40 years time.

poo poo. When Howard goes, you know they're going to trot out footage of some old bint with a purple loving hat who'll use the phrase "that nice Mister Howard" in her five second grab.

In 40 years time there will be no TV and only a bunch of mad monk memes on YouTube.

In a thousand years time after the great burning the History Man will recount how Australia was a theocracy gripped by the wars of the Mad Monk and the Banker Man.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Graic Gabtar posted:

I've been trapped in a meeting all day.

Did we find a new way to gently caress low paid workers over today?

*enters LNP party room and puts on thinking cap*

What if... we had unpaid internships for baristas and hospitality workers?

*chuckles into brandy, lights cigar*

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Schneider Inside Her posted:

Seriously though the human race is garbage

:same:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I hope I haven't missed this being posted already. If I did then I apologise.

http://www.chaser.com.au/national/cafe-owner-fiercely-supports-the-scrapping-of-penalty-rates-hed-never-paid-anyway/

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Scylo posted:

Annabell Crab wrote something not terrible for once

http://www.smh.com.au/comment/generation-y-must-be-close-to-revolution-20170224-gukink.html

"How – if you were a young person today – would you see your seniors as anything but a grabby crowd of legislative brawlers who got their degrees for free and their homes for a song, and are conspiring together to have you foot the bill for their retirement as they drink the last of the Grange in the polluted ruins of the planet that is now exclusively yours to fix?"

Look there is no housing shortage or affortability issue if you're willing to take a small commute.

Just buy a cheap property on the Nullarbor Plain and commute to Sydney or Melbourne from there every day. Gawd. So easy.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Starshark posted:

It's like how someone might get passed over for 'best director' but their film wins 'best film' - the voting is done by morons.

No kidding voters are morons when the LNP was elected on the following 3 point platform:

1) Asset strip the country
2) gently caress the poor
3) Labor's fault

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Solemn Sloth posted:

deter putton next pm

How many months will he last.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

BBJoey posted:

even looking at personal info that you don't have a reason to access is a potential offence, let alone straight up releasing it to journalists without consent.

i hope the braindead SES who made this call gets made an example of and charged. it'll probably be some APS3 schmuck who gets fired though.

If I was an APS3 schmuck I'd only do that with written instructions to cover my own rear end then hang them out to dry.

My guess it was as SES equivalent acting through their EA because SES people consider themselves above the rules and EAs usually don't know what the rules are.

loving scum move though. Absolute scum.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Cartoon posted:

Rubbish. With a couple of notable exceptions the EA's are the ones with the real smarts who actually hold things together for the arse clowns who are too busy preening themselves to actually read their own exec summaries (researched and typed by the allegedly ignorant EAs).

Not the EAs I know. I'm envious of yours.

ewe2 posted:

Straight from the Minister to you!

It's legal but it sure as hell ain't reelectable.

When I become Minister of Health I'm going to authorise the release of every medical record going back 100 years because gently caress it.

And if I become Minister of Defence I'll just declassify everything with a pen stroke and order it all put online. Double Triple down on the retard.

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Feb 27, 2017

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Solemn Sloth posted:

Also Christ Fairfax are pathetic excuses for journalists, as bad as news corp

I get better written articles with more thought and insight from random bloggers.

Newspapers are bin liners, nothing more.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Holy lol the unions are running a Robocall on penalty rates in George Christensen's electorate.

Really not a fan of robocalls but still, lol.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Recoome posted:

Abortion will remain a criminal offense in QLD

I expect their next objectives will be to undo divorce law, remove voting and property rights from women then reinstate the tradition of a dowry.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Cpt Soban posted:

You're right... It's one of those impossible questions: Who would be better? Dutton or Abbott? (you must pick one)

Well it depends what vegetables garnish the main meal better. Onions or potatoes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Solemn Sloth posted:

Why the gently caress is she crying, her pay sure as gently caress hasn't been cut

• Locked thread