Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

foolish_fool posted:

Surely everyone who cares about any of those things already doesn't vote for the lnp?

Username post combo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
One nation voters care about workers rights, one nation party? I dont think it does.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Frogfingers posted:

One Nation is the party for crabs in buckets. They don't give a poo poo about improving their lives, either due to myopia or malice, just as long as people as they perceive as lesser to them get poo poo on more. Liberals, at least, have aspirations.

That isn't my experience of people who were voting PHON. Most of those guys were sick of losing their jobs and their pay conditions and didn't think Lib/Lab were doing anything about it so were voting something else in protest.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Centrelink debt letter gets redirected to next of kin.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Auspol February: Poors now kicked 25% harder.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

tithin posted:

After the last phone call?

Turnbull's shown himself to be thoroughly gutless.

thatfatkid posted:

The US President could gently caress the Australian PM's partner, brag about it to the media, say it was a dud root and Australia would still do whatever the US wanted.

Yeah pretty much.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

open24hours posted:

Coming out in favour of penalty rates wouldn't be credible, and coming out against them wouldn't help. If he wants to attack Shorten that he'll have to do it over something he actually believes in, and which is popular with the electorate, and that the right wing of the party will let him talk about. It doesn't leave much.

EDIT: There is also a circle there entitled "things bill shorten believes in" but it's very small because it only contains *checks notes*

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

hiddenmovement posted:

It's that tiny triangle in the center

Pretty sure it's well right of the centre.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Lid posted:

Creationist

Urgh, at least Syphilis is treatable.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Wouldn't want to go interfering with independent bodies processes now would we Mr. Turnbull, better to abide by their decision regarding penalty rates instead of politicising the process.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Lid posted:

Labor’s Clare O’Neil has defended Bill Shorten’s position on penalty rates, claiming he had only said he would stand by the decision of the Fair Work Commission on penalty rates because it was assumed the commission would not recommend cutting them.

This is not a good argument.

It's basically the best argument he's got. Otherwise he capitulates on penalty rates and proves himself to be even more spineless than trumble.

Lets see if he gets on the front foot with something like "I was happy to let the independent commission decide because you can't expect an attack on the least well off in our community damaging some of the poorest Australians. This result is so out of step with the values and principles of the Labor party and Australians as a whole that we must act." or if he'll let it slide away.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

You Am I posted:

I saw Sukkar is firing up the "Build the East West Link" on his Facebook page. Turnbull has already threatened the WA public that he wont fund any infrastructure unless they build the Perth Ports link as WA Labor want to shitcan that idea.

God the liberals are shits. That port link is such a bad move, they literally don't have a business case for it and it must be donations from developers that are driving it since it doesn't actually fix any problems with entry to the port. THIS WILL BE GREAT FOR THE NEW PORT they scream but maybe you should loving build the new port first then we can streamline the road transport there.

LNP is going to win here anyway with a PHON coalition and privatise our power and build their useless road so RIP us.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Wow... Bill Leak manages to look like an even worse shithead. Especially comical given all his cartooned whining about Gillian Triggs and the HRC.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2017/feb/28/bill-leak-could-have-ended-18c-complaint-earlier-says-gillian-triggs

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

JBP posted:

He got kicked in the head by a horse irl and became this way.

Just he had the ability to make it all go away and immediately win if he'd just said "I did it in good faith" and the HRC prompted him twice to make that defence and pretty much immediately win, but he wanted to take it to court I mean holy poo poo. Christ, what an rear end in a top hat.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Gorilla Salad posted:

The fact he held any position at all at the ACTU is staggering.

Look inside yourself and consider.. is it really?

Or is it ultimately unsurprising given what the big unions have become.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

JBP posted:

There are own zone unions around like MUA, NUW, CFMEU and MEAA. The rest are varying degrees of poo poo from kind of poo poo like the AMWU to not a union like the SDA.

Yeah for sure, fair enough, I should say what some big unions have become.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Bogan King posted:

Treasury has done nothing at all to take into account the impact of cutting the wages of 600k people and claimed that was a job for the Fair Work Commission.

:lol: I look forward to FWC releasing that modelling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Bogan King posted:

*barnaby's idiocy*

:cripes:

• Locked thread