Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...
WA election called, mate I went to school with has his face plastered all over the area I work in. Kind of creepy, but okay.

Barnett is toast barring some miracle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

Recoome posted:

My girlfriend and her idiot housemate had to fight a landlord for bond back and really it's almost been a year and the landlord has been a gigantic piece of poo poo (don't bet on getting it back)

So long as you didn't maliciously damage the house, and whatever damage is clearly from reasonable wear and tear. They'll get that money back in the magistrates court, probably before that in mediation. I went through mediation once and the judge sat us down for a moment, flicked through the photos and charges said 'I'd expect these charges if this house had been used as a drug den, this seems entirely reasonable. Go talk amongst yourselves and sort something out or I'll be grumpy". Real estate agent was happy to take a hundred dollars.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

One day our politicians both left and the right wing will finally realise the only way to settle this issue is to conduct the plebiscite. That way everyone has had their say and no one can complain. The hate speech argument is rubbish it's a bit like saying if you make negative comments about footy team A, they won't play. If people are free to say what they are thinking, then you have the opportunity to challenge them and maybe change their views on the subject. But if they are not able to express themselves freely, then you will not know what they think and therefore there is very little opportunity to change their views

Yes, except footy teams don't consist of impressionable depressed children who take arguments such as 'homosexuals are sexual deviants hell bent on touching kids and will all burn in hell' to heart and commit suicide because of it.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

Recoome posted:

in a surprising development, the anti-abortion crowd in QLD are using "full-term abortions" as an argument against decriminalising abortion (wow)

This exact same crowd will turn around and demand the death penalty for petty theft.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

Gorilla Salad posted:

So he's reinvented Ye Olde Automat, only it's more difficult to restock everything?

Someone finally did it? My dream store. Except a crap version because it's actually vending machines. I want a store that is just screens to order stuff then it's all put in a box for you to take home.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

Interesting. I didn't know they didn't have gay people in the country.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

You would think it would be inexcusable to defend a man whose country was implicated in the deaths of Australian families and children because we have all done terrible things.

Pauline Hanson equates the bad things regular people have done with murdering children.

Pauline Hanson defends child murder.

One Nation want to kill our kids.

If WA votes any of these fuckers in I'm going to be so cross with my great state.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

I meant great as in large guys. 'Cause we're really big and you're all loving tiny.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

Radical idea. Government raises revenue, much like facebook seems to think the Police do, by fining the poo poo out of people. But rather than small petty fines for parking somewhere you shouldn't. The government places masses fines on things like 'chronically and systematically underpaying staff and somewhat criminally forcing staff members to do dodgey poo poo like give their pay back or selling places to foreign workers'.

Not paltry fines. Huge fines. Make them pay back all the money to their staff, then all the dividends for the shareholders for that period of time, and the CEO was pay all of their money they were earning in that period of time as well. Plus any remaining profits.

If doing something lovely means no one higher than a basic employee gets paid, CEO's will be encouraged not to be poo poo, shareholders will be encouraged not to support lovely ideas wittingly or unwittingly and managers will dread being poo poo because they'll be out on their arse.

Hearing of how much of this crap goes on from the micro level (small bars) to huge million dollar companies, I feel like we'd quickly be back in surplus and then, fingers crossed, have few problems like these in the future.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

Wait. What? The Nationals and Libs are in coalition. I don't think the Libs could even remotely win this if they dumped the Nationals off, even though they are a dying party. They've been arguing over a few things for a while now, but... is this the coalition in WA disintegrating?

Fascinating.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

Frogfingers posted:

Next time you have libs talking at you about "personal responsibility" and "self-reliance" thank them in finding common ground about a 99% inheritance tax.

You've got me jittery. I want this so bad. Inheritance tax for anything over half a million (or a sensible figure not pulled from my rectum), excluding property below some reasonable amount (with house prices in Sydney, I've no idea what this might be).

You don't get to grow fat off your parents ashes any more. Any gifts between family members need to be taxed too, you can't offload your children's inheritance before you die to get around it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

So now that businesses can afford to open on Sundays, we'll have a lot more people out shopping right? With all that money they don't have...

Wait, I'm confused. No! More people will be employed because businesses can be open on Sundays, so there will be more business. Though... one day of pay isn't really enough to get by on, especially with the new pay rates... and they're at work so how can they shop. And the people who had been working and now aren't because it's not worth it probably can't afford the bus ticket to get to the shops.

I'm really happy my local florist and women's sports wear stores will be open one more day a week now, especially with how I never see anyone in there anyway. This is great news. Those small business owners who take sunday off for a break can finally live the dream and work 7 days a week because they can pay themselves a lower rate.

This is stupid and makes my head hurt.

• Locked thread