Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

but then something strange happened. it turned out that it was actually the alt-right that needed a safe space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

ewe2 posted:

Yeah he's to the right of Scalia, as I said. The only good thing about this is that he just slots into an existing power structure 4 pro-liberal, 4 pro-conservative, 1 centrist. It gets interesting if a non-conservative dies or retires.

There is no right battle for the Democrats, either you look at it and say may as well oppose now since they'll throw away the rulebook or you don't oppose and look bad. But if they do oppose now, and the rulebook is thrown away, that means they can't use it if another judge goes. That's the calculation aside from individual Democrat ambitions. Once that rulebook goes, they can do literally nothing because GOP will just steamroll everything. They literally may as well not even turn up then.

So, to keep their options open for SCOTUS they may have to tread carefully, but I think that something else will trigger the nuclear option and they'll be hosed anyway. At this point, I'd be working hard at the State level of opposition since that's likely to be the way to really put SCOTUS in a bind. The fear is also that if they don't get their way, GOP will nobble courts.

you're loving dumb as dogshit dude. there is no difficult decision. the republicans aren't going to reward democrats if they play nice with them. did you literally just start following US politics because the last 8 years demonstrated this very well over and over and over.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

i love the weekly one nation candidate expulsions, they're all that keep me going

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Tirade posted:

I know Yvette fairly well, she's a loving great person and it's bullshit that she's been given the 2GB treatment. She's an EA, not a political adviser - this isn't some party operative, she's spent her career in the public service and only recently went up to the hill. She had nothing on her Facebook that in any way linked her to the PMO, and didn't even use her real name for her profile.

Whether it was from the ALP, the Abbott faction of the Libs or someone else, someone has ruined her career to gain a half hour of the Friday afternoon news cycle.

:(

whoever reported it would probably have a heart attack listening to what public servants in line agencies talk about

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

the solution is world revolution not protectionism tho

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

but you see only private industry can make jobs, i have only read one book in my life and it was ayn rand

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

what's ricky up to these days anyway

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

good on him

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

no,

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

aejix posted:

Katherine Murphy sure is a complete loving hack

she straight up has a crush on malcolm turnbull, she visits the press gallery every day hoping to catch his eye

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

another one nation candidate has been disendorsed because she didn't pay $2400 upfront

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

steve ciobo points out actually it's the greens that are the bad guys, not one nation

qld preference deal inbound

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

extremist policies such as 'let's not torture refugees' and 'the heatwave is bad, actually'

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

it's almost sad how pathetic the turnbull government has been

what is his vision? what is his message? even abbott managed to vomit out "stop the boats" and "axe the tax". turnbull can't even manage pithy slogans, let alone big landmarks like the apology or the NBN or the NDIS. the greatest achievement of turnbull's prime ministership is reinstating a construction industry workplace relations watchdog. completely worthless.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

quote:

Look, not one of the fairer sex showed any interest in me before I started in the media, nor have they shown any interest since.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

quote:

they effectively get paid "less than $50 an hour".

lmao no this is satire

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

someone get him to start talking about pizzagate, please god

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

http://theconversation.com/morrison-pushed-ndis-hypothecation-announcement-despite-caution-about-timing-from-turnbulls-office-72994

Turnbull didn't want to attach the omnibus bill to the NDIS but Morrison overruled him lmao. the pm isn't even in control of his own frontbench.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

it's bad actually

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

real motherfuckin open24hours posting hours, smash that motherfuckin like button

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

sounds like y'all need to get yourselves to the public sector

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

rumble in the bunghole posted:

He went to syria to form a group in between Isis and pro-assad forces, but got shot by the kurds.

rip

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

stop talking about nerd poo poo

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

i know that you're all riding high on the gently caress anzacs hooah spirit but let's not pretend the anzacs didn't perform well given the horrible conditions and idiotic command they fought under in galipoli, not to mention their reputation as some of the best shock troops on the western front

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Solemn Sloth posted:

To whoever said not even bill shorten could gently caress this up(an opinion so stupid I guess it must be Anidav)

The young guy shorten invited up on stage is:
An SDA delegate
An ALP campaign volunteer
Seen posing with Bill Shorten last election
Under an EBA rather than the award conditions

:bravo:

here's the thing though: no normal people care about poo poo like this

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

imagine being as stupid as tony abbott

imagine

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

lol christensen is on even footing with one nation in his shithole electorate. next election he's gone

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

snoremac posted:

Someone tell a simpleton why politicians freak out about polls years before elections to the point where coups are a natural state of affairs these days.

because things are only going to get worse, so given the coalition is in 45-55 territory less than a year out from the election, imagine how bad things are gonna be in 2019

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

even looking at personal info that you don't have a reason to access is a potential offence, let alone straight up releasing it to journalists without consent.

i hope the braindead SES who made this call gets made an example of and charged. it'll probably be some APS3 schmuck who gets fired though.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

splits, splits, splits, splits, splits

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

he's gonna defect to phon to save his seat and the libs are gonna be in minority government

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

barnaby objects, logically pointing out that armidale got the nbn first so there's lots of office space.

• Locked thread