Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Night Shade
Jan 13, 2013

Old School

Zenithe posted:

So there are two marks on the wall on the rental property I'm leaving and the landlord has said we have to repaint the whole room.

He can get hosed right? (qld)

Depending on how big/obvious they are and how long you've lived there they may fall under reasonable wear and tear, or you may be on the hook for fixing the marks. That doesn't mean you have to repaint the room though, it means you have to make the marks go away and the specifics of how that's accomplished are up for discussion. I'm in SA so I'm not entirely sure what the specifics of the QLD equivalent tenancies act says but it looks like there's a few tenant advocacy services you would be well served to get in touch with.

Really though it boils down to: how soon do you need your bond money?

Night Shade fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Feb 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night Shade
Jan 13, 2013

Old School

BCR posted:

the the landlord can get hosed if they try to take your bong

:okpos:

Zenithe posted:

I don't need the bond back any time soon either. Landlord is being really unhelpful.

We were in much the same boat two tenancies ago. Had an office chair start wearing down the floor, reported it and offered to fix it as soon as we noticed it starting to happen. The landlord then sat on it for three years and tried to charge us for resurfacing the entire floor of the house because it was one big hardwood floor. We told them to go jump, they disputed the bond claim, and then dropped the dispute shortly before the tribunal actually heard it and we got our full bond back.

Would have been happy to chip in for a reasonable portion of the resurfacing too but no they had to be dicks about it.

e: the SA tenancy authority told us it was entirely reasonable wear and tear too

Night Shade
Jan 13, 2013

Old School

Recoome posted:

My girlfriend and her idiot housemate had to fight a landlord for bond back and really it's almost been a year and the landlord has been a gigantic piece of poo poo (don't bet on getting it back)

I'm not sure how it is in your state, but for us all we had to do was file a bond claim with the tenancies office that the landlord hadn't countersigned, and they then had 30 days to file a dispute or we got it all back.

Or are you already in a dispute and they're dragging it out?

• Locked thread