Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
So there are two marks on the wall on the rental property I'm leaving and the landlord has said we have to repaint the whole room.

He can get hosed right? (qld)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Yeah tried rta but not open until Monday. I don't need the bond back any time soon either. Landlord is being really unhelpful.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Sorry, wrong

Zenithe fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Feb 4, 2017

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

He's decided to be really difficult, so first thing tomorrow I'm going to talk to the RTA and try and sort this poo poo out. First on ticket is why cleaning we paid for hasn't been done. Painting is all good though, sorted now.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Konomex posted:

Interesting. I didn't know they didn't have gay people in the country.

Some truth to this because gay people aren't welcome there and move away ASAP

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Haha loving what? The Lindt Siege was under-reported was it?

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

NPR Journalizard posted:

Temporary protection visas

Come the gently caress on, he was getting phone called by children in detention begging him to vote for this.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Anidav posted:

The Liberal backbencher George Christensen has signalled he will break ranks with the Turnbull government to vote for a non-government bill calling for a commission of inquiry into the banking industry. The announcement from the outspoken conservative follows the defection of the Liberal senator Cory Bernardi this week.

The...hero...we...need? :psyboom:

He's just being difficult for the government. It just so happened that this is the first time his dissenting opinion is better than general LNP consensus (somehow)

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Solemn Sloth posted:

An informative dinner with the Q Society

quote:

Larry Pickering...Kirralie Smith... Liberal Party defector Cory Bernardi and LNP MP George Christensen...Angry Anderson

:barf:

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Apparently the Q society meeting is getting pretty heavily protested.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Hey, so about that new enhanced vetting for ON candidates.

WA One Nation candidate claims gay community uses Nazi-style mind control

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

It keeps happening!

One Nation candidate advocated killing Indonesian journalists, attacked gays, Muslims and blacks

The guy is a WA real estate agent One Nation candidate. I'm pretty sure that's failing at life bingo right there.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Since when are bogans working in admin a thing anyway?

I've never heard of that stereotype.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Tokamak posted:

So, the SDA is propping up the Labor Right faction based off membership numbers (and large party donations). Which are driven by places like Coles and Woolworths who receive commissions from memberships and sweetheart collective agreements that leave the workers worse off.

I'm currently under an SDA work agreement, here are some of its greatest hits:

-possible to work 10 hour shifts with no break (token break, no time spent not working)
-only public holiday that gets extra pay is Christmas day, everything else standard weekend rates regardless.
-expired in 2014, meaning that the last three years everyone under the agreement has been getting an effective paycut as inflation goes up.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Christensen: somehow even worse than before:

George Christensen Has Spoken To An Anti-Aboriginal, Homophobic Podcast

quote:

“That GetUp, we all know it’s George Soros funded,” Christensen started on the podcast. “It’s in the whole big worldwide movement of leftist organisations.”

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

OH GOD WE CAN'T LET PEOPLE GET THIS MOD QUICK TELL EVERYONE ON NATIONAL NEWS

e. apparently it's a seven year old mod? Seriously media, come on.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Starshark posted:

"This, Annabelle, is my signature dish. A pie floater. Only instead of mushy peas, which I don't like, I use KFC gravy. And for my piece de resistance, I top it with a kilo of mozzarella cheese. But wait - who's this? It's our surprise guest! Joe Hockey!"
"G'day George, fancy seeing you here! I've come to talk about the new Ben and Jerry's flavour - cookies and more cookies - which we're going to road test on Annabelle's show!"

He's from QLD, so replace your garbage suggested dish with a lasagna topper.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

It's savoury mince with cheese on top, crumbed and deep fried. I never understood why it's called lasagna other than its roughly served in the same shape

E. Wait there are ones with pasta?

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Imagine the spin if a group of workers decided they could go home 9 minutes earlier than usual.

This loving media.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

hiddenmovement posted:

No I'm kind of agreeing with you in that adults who watch it without children present need to re evaluate their lives a bit (see : my little pony)

Go watch blink with some kids and see how that goes.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ora Tzo posted:

Before I let you all continue squabbling on about Doctor Who lets all agree Blake's 7 was better.

This had shitter effects than old Who, which I think we'll all agree is an impressive feat.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Cleretic posted:

Star Wars actually has the worst track record of all favorite nerd-sci-fi series, while Doctor Who might have the best, sorry.

And on the slightly more on-topic part of this discussion, while the Doctor is totally just a white man traveling around solving other people's problems because they can't do it themselves, he is generally written as pretty anti-authoritarian and rebellious. He's a pretty good 'working class hero' actually, even though he doesn't always act like one. He was an absolutely lovely Time Lord, but got so sick of their society's general FYGM state (with no upward mobility, because good loving luck getting the old guard to lessen their grip on power when they live forever) that he stole a TARDIS and flew off to go actually help people.

With the way the lore has expanded, there absolutely will also be a female doctor at some point, and one who isn't white.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Krazyface posted:

Can make unique "Digger" infantry who get a combat boost on the coast or in foreign lands.

If there is one thing diggers are well known for, it's fighting really well on foreign coasts :confused:

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

LOL if you think most of the people this affects can accept tips.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

The Chaser still exists and wrote this about the recent proposed cuts

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

ModernMajorGeneral posted:

http://www.theage.com.au/federal-po...223-gujvvr.html

Here is the article about this if anyone hasn't seen it.

:negative:

Can anyone in the thread explain how the SDA became so useless and bad?

Conservative with massive donations to labor. Not complicated

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Jokes on them our penalty rates are already that bad (thanks SDA! :thumbsup:)

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

As for the story that Trent isn't affected by the penalty rates change, wow you guys are dense. He is on a rolled up base rate in his EBA to compensate for penalty rates. If penalty rates are lowered, when the pay rates are renegotiated, that rolled up rate will go down because there'll be less to compensate for and pass the better off overall test. He is affected.

I can't speak for all people under SDA agreements, but mine has penalty rates capped at time and a half, or in other words, exactly the same thing everyone is getting pissed at is already standard practice as negotiated by one of the biggest unions in the country.

They really are that poo poo.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

I hope Clive is alright, but I also hope he never stops whatever it is he's currently doing

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

I'm pretty sure PM Dutton would just be a somehow even worse Abbott.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

He used to be a detective you know.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Chadzok posted:

you'd think at some point, the Liberal party and the idiot media egging them on would consider that a change of policies, rather than a change of leadership, might be a possible solution.

This would require self reflection and the admittance that you could be better though.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Anidav posted:

Dutton with Abbot

Good start to a shepherds pie.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Are we in recession yet?

• Locked thread