Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

The contribution itself probably isn't going to be a big deal. That whinging about 'politics of envy' probably plays alright with the base, but it's pretty obvious to anyone outside the lib bubble just how desperate and sad that interview is.

e:And loving no one's going to buy that the libs aren't beholden to donors. That was the loving dumbest rhetorical trick he's tried to pull yet.

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Feb 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Anidav posted:

Hopefully we boot the Top Hat off the Monopoly board next election and replace him with whatever Monopoly piece Shorten is....

The Dog?

Probably the iron.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Particularly well manufactured robot tiddies.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Wasn't he the one that was an 'out' nazi? Or was that another of Abetz' brothers?

e:Yes it was. He thinks his Nazi war criminal great uncle did positive things because he saved French art.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

My favourite part about it is that they're still trying to use the, 'look at the tolerant left :rolleyes:' thing, but it's been so overused in the last decade even 'centrist' libs kneejerk defend punching Nazis in the face.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Solemn Sloth posted:

I wish this were actually the case.

Definitely seen it when that specific line's used. There's still a huge amount of them talking about how great Ghandi and Martin Luther Claus jr are.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Opposing the SCOTUS pick is going to be difficult for them because unlike most of Trump's cabinet he's clearly qualified on paper and doesn't have any obvious red flags (so far).

Which means Trump had very little to do with it outside of just listening to Sessions.

Daily Mail saying he founded a political club called Fascism Forever! When he was in school. He also chose the 'the illegal we do immediately, the unconstitutional etc.' Kissinger quote for his yearbook. Pretty big red flags.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Actually it doesn't help Turnbull, because everyone knows he was licking arse and still got shat on.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Ahahaha I just saw the best and probably most scarily accurate reasoning for why Trump chewed out Turnbull.

The :siren: Liberal :siren: Party.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

:agreed: in both senses of the word.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Concentration camps are much too good for children!

Into the chokey!

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

:getin:

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

One day our politicians both left and the right wing will finally realise the only way to settle this issue is to conduct the plebiscite. That way everyone has had their say and no one can complain. The hate speech argument is rubbish it's a bit like saying if you make negative comments about footy team A, they won't play. If people are free to say what they are thinking, then you have the opportunity to challenge them and maybe change their views on the subject. But if they are not able to express themselves freely, then you will not know what they think and therefore there is very little opportunity to change their views

Source your quotes.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Pisscat?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

:barf:

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Depends on the ISP at the moment doesn't it? I remember reading most of the small ones just aren't doing it because it's far too expensive.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Like here's the list of ISPs that managed to get funding to become compliant
https://www.ag.gov.au/NationalSecurity/DataRetention/Documents/DRIGP-recipients.pdf

It's obviously not a foolproof way to tell, but if you're with a tiny ISP and they didn't get funding, I can't imagine they'd be racing to be compliant.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

open24hours posted:

Blaming free trade and globalism for not being able to get a good job is just a slightly more abstracted version of blaming the immigrants for stealing your job.

Actually it's not.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

BBJoey posted:

the solution is world revolution not protectionism tho

Absolutely.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

I had a Marist Brothers house like a street away from my house growing up. I know one of the brothers used to go for walks passed the school until he was asked to change his route. 20% is hosed up.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

The best thing about six year senate terms is that the next election when his new party utterly fails to get candidates elected he'll still be in and we'll have another 3 years of him thrashing around in death throes at everyone else.

I suppose Warnie will get elected because we're just as bad as America with dumb loving celebrities being an automatic way to electoral success.

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Feb 6, 2017

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

tithin posted:

How's Q&A tonight?

unrelated:

Garbage, had to listen to it from another room. I liked that everyone in the audience burst out laughing when one of the panel tried to claim the Muslim ban wasn't racist though.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Why don't labor call a vote on it?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Actually Trump was elected because social progress happened too fast I'll have you know. Don't think about the fact that they've had multiple centuries to acclimate to black people being human, and were bitching and killing people all through that acclimation, it's still too fast!

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

He'll get even less coverage than Roberts, because he's not insane, just a massive fuckwit.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Doctor Spaceman posted:

He truly and deeply believes all the abominable poo poo he says.

Yeah it's this all the way. The thing is he thinks other people deeply believe it too, but just too afraid, or concerned with electability to say it.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Probably won't pass. The libs would have to all vote for it, possible. But then you've still got NXT and Hinch who are unlikely to.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

open24hours posted:

https://twitter.com/GrogsGamut/status/829127541159976960

Treating adults like children is a surefire way to ensure success.

Technically it's in keeping with the latest sociological research. No point treating youth like adults if due to the way the economy is structured they have no way of reaching the benefits or responsibilities of being adult.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

hooman posted:

Surely it's just so they can pull their benefits if their parents earn money.

Unless they're also changing when people are considered automatically independent from anyone 22 or over to anyone 25 or over, I don't think so.

e:Like I'm certain this is intended to gently caress people some way, but it can pretty easily be justified by them. They could just fix the underlying conditions forcing youth to be extended, but penny-pinching welfare is easier.

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Feb 8, 2017

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Cartoon posted:

The study also suggested a majority of millennials said flexible working practices improved their productivity and engagement (So looks like millennials (over 50%) are easily led loving idiots).

Depends on whether millennials are thinking of their right to flexible working arrangements such as changing the times of their shifts to meet caring obligations, or experiencing DV etc. It's pretty loving unlikely they mean, "Yes please take away our penalty rates! Who will think of the job creators!" Despite that being exactly how this will be used.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Bought the lumber mill he used to work at. :3:

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/from-senator-to-saw-mill-owner-the-rise-and-rise-of-ricky-muir-20161115-gsq55w.html

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Feb 8, 2017

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

and furthermore he was actually pretty good. hth.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

hooman posted:

Putin, strong man, standing up for his country, decriminalizing domestic violence.

Also "everyone's done something" is the dumbest possible stance to take on lovely actions by other countries.

Not if you like the something, but just can't say it in polite company.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah, nah QLD and WA are just poo poo and should gently caress off.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Sparticle posted:

No idea about NSW but I can't imagine it being that different from QLD. Competition has always existed for Dominos it's just that no other company can poo poo out as many cheap, mediocre pizzas as dominos. One of the stores I worked at made 40k a week with 6 - 7 competitors in the same region. Most Australians are not going to be spending twice as much on pizzas that are only marginally better (Pizza Capers, Crust etc.) and the market for actual good independent pizza is non-existent outside of urban centers.

Odd. This isn't even remotely true in Victoria. You're likely to find 1 or 2 good independent pizza restaurants per regional town.

Best state.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

At the state level in Vic One nation's only really taking votes from Nationals.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

I mean on the one hand yeah definitely. On the other, yeah that's not going to happen until boomers die off and give their university educated kids with horticultural degrees the farm.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

You want to post it? Behind a paywall.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Hey Turnbull's got slogans too. He's got 'Agility and Disruption,' 'Growth and Jobs,' and 'Continuity and Change.'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

I'll have you know sarin gas is actually perfectly fine to breathe you loving idiot. And furthermore any doomsday cult basing their predictions of doom off of Christian millenarianism is actually right.

• Locked thread