Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

The contribution itself probably isn't going to be a big deal. That whinging about 'politics of envy' probably plays alright with the base, but it's pretty obvious to anyone outside the lib bubble just how desperate and sad that interview is.

e:And loving no one's going to buy that the libs aren't beholden to donors. That was the loving dumbest rhetorical trick he's tried to pull yet.

The Liberals aren't beholden to donors, they just happened to give the leadership and prime ministership directly to their largest single donor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Hmmm this is true you know.

Fame, fortune, and the decimation and dispossession of white Australia would be close to the top of my genie wishlist

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

even 'centrist' libs kneejerk defend punching Nazis in the face.
I wish this were actually the case.

----------

Australian PM tried to call back four times, won't take a hint, told secretary to say I'm washing Ivanka's hair. Sad!

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Putting a literal fascist on the bench for thirty years is probably a good place to stand and fight because if not then, when?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

If the democrats can't manage to win back congress with two years of trump under their belt they should just log off and walk into the ocean.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Doctor Spaceman posted:

The Senate is an uphill battle because it's the people who were re-elected alongside Obama's win in 2012, and the House is gerrymandered to hell.

On the other hand Trump is a hell of a target to run against.

Yeah I recognise it's a uphill battle but seriously, if not now, when?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

well why not posted:

Trump is so unpopular abroad that any friction Turnbull has with him makes Turnbull more popular.

It's an upside for Turnbull, I guess, but it's hard to be excited for him when today was probably the deciding factor whether or not the Mad Max future happens.

I don't think attempting to suck up to Trump, getting shut the gently caress down, attempting to lie and say you are best buds, then getting publicly humiliated is as good for turnbulls popularity as you think it is.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I'd never heard of the mx missile crisis

quote:

SECRET US plan to test MX missiles by firing them from California to the coast of Australia was signed off on by then prime minister Malcolm Fraser.
And it can be revealed that the federal cabinet agreed to keep the intercontinental ballistic missile tests secret because it was "preferable for the matter not to become an election issue".

Uhhhh....

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Bloody greens insisting on using solar and geothermal power, technology literally billions of years old

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Liberals are actually really bad

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Kevin Rudd is the greatest statesman since Bismarck. He saw the ongoing concentration of power in the executive, contrary to the design of our system, and put in motion a plan to permanently destabilise and weaken it spanning multiple terms and parties of government

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Jesus loving Christ George Christensen is the platonic ideal of a brain dead fat turd

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Hinch has flipped on the ABCC, giving the government numbers in the senate

Hinch said he flipped because construction companies told him it was killing them, ironic given the last time the ABCC was active it literally killed people.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

We must remove the coercive influence of unions from the construction industry

And replace it with the coercive influence of the federal government

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Ricky is also poo poo hth

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

The intolerant left unfairly portray anyone who disagrees with them as bigoted psychopaths

The only good thing about Muslims is they throw gay people off buildings

An informative dinner with the Q Society

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

You're acting like the kind of people who think Putin is good don't also want to beat their wives and kill gays.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Doctor Spaceman posted:

No, it was the content, specifically downplaying and handwaving away Putin's crimes.

Well he doesn't, for one.

gay people are an existential threat to the russian federation

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Konomex posted:

You would think it would be inexcusable to defend a man whose country was implicated in the deaths of Australian families and children because we have all done terrible things.

Pauline Hanson equates the bad things regular people have done with murdering children.

Pauline Hanson defends child murder.

One Nation want to kill our kids.

If WA votes any of these fuckers in I'm going to be so cross with my great state.

:crossarms:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I hope one nation get into government in Queensland and west Australia as a demonstration to the parts of the country that matter of the kind of blighted hellscape that entails

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Not a fan of the NTNews' newfound subtle approach

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Why can't we have higher corporate and personal taxes?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

How the gently caress does the US have an estate tax and we don't

E:Turns out the answer to this and many of life's woes is "it's loving Queenslands fault"

Solemn Sloth fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Feb 15, 2017

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Hahahahahaha

Turnbull threatens that if the senate doesn't pass his welfare cuts he'll just have to raise taxes

The senate tells him to loving do it idiot

Abbott warns him off doing even the most tokenistic rollback of tax deductions

What a loving pathetic embarassment of a PM.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

JBP posted:

His problem is that he negotiates too much to try and look like A Reasonable Man, but he's dealing with cretins and fuckwits all day so it don't work.

The problem is he's a spineless amorphous blob attempting to pour itself into a prime ministerial shaped cavity

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I feel like I've just read george christensen's origin story

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I'd be interested in starting a war

Starting a nuclear war

In the Liberals Liberals Liberals

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Victoria already lost a solar plant due to uncertainty over Abbott and the renewable target. Open for business!

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

NAHA also provides the only federal funding for women's shelters so good job.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I'm making an assumption but I think the dr probably scoffed at the idea that global warming would ruin the earth because an alien invasion would destroy it first, next week

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Shunkymonky posted:

http://www.smh.com.au/business/cons...217-gufhfz.html

This article was on the front page of SMH and it's driving me mad. So these two goobers created Uber for Photography. They essentially will create a marketplace which will drive down the cost of professional photographers incomes but make them rich in the process. And they get huge tax subsidies because we somehow want to encourage this. Nothing is innovated here, nothing is created, the end result is two guys create income off other people's labour and government funds that could have otherwise have done good are wasted on this. Am I right to be shitted off by this?

Hi welcome to capitalism enjoy your stay

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

DancingShade posted:

The only Doctor Who episodes I can recall that touched on global warming was the one where car emission filters were an integral component to a hostile alien invasion (go Volkswagon?) and a classic one called Inferno which was something about "don't screw around with the earth's core unless you know what you're doing".

I'm thinking Georgie Boy is just trying to appear hip and with it to appeal to the hipster demographic. Rock bands and all that.

His next interview will probably be him extolling the virtues of denim trousers, also known as "jeans".

Also to show my true unrestrained Doctor Who nerd-dom the Doctor is fully aware nothing anyone does matters because ultimately the timelines are in constant flux since the time war so history gets rewritten all the time. He just plays along with everyone he meets and pretends they matter to stave off his own loneliness and insanity from having the entire matrix locked away in his brain from when he blew up Gallifrey the first time around :toot:

You're ignoring the fact that some points in time are fixed you idiot, you child

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Dr who is a fun pulpy sci fi thing, just like star gate and Star Wars and Star Trek, also Blink is a legitimately good episode of TV it's just a shame that it meant the writers continually tried to recapture that by reusing the monsters or clumsily attempting to copy it's mood.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Michael Sukkar has made a good start espousing affordable housing policy.

"Get a high paying job, I had two houses by 35"

He is on a salary more than 2.5 times the average nationally, and is paid $270 per day to stay in his own property in Canberra

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Pwnstar posted:

Star Wars is about terrorists, they just made a new one. I haven't seen it but I assume the terrorists trying to overthrow the rightful government are still the main characters.

Yeah and the fascists are crying about it

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Cleretic posted:

I haven't tested this 'gently caress you guys this is your fault' defense and so can't recommend it, although I'm ready to try if I have to. What I actually responded with was 'I put my ballot in a Southbank postbox 1-2 weeks before the deadline, I would have liked non-postal methods but was not aware of any'.

That handles a democratic process! Honestly while I may be struggling with wording a little here, it's still a really annoying and frustrating thing that's more directly demoralizing about politics than anything else I've experienced. You can submit your ballot and do everything right, and not even have your vote there to be counted because someone you have and will never meet somewhere along the chain hosed up. And then they try to blame you for it.

If you think this is the most demoralising thing about democracy you should perhaps take a glance at who gets elected at some point.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

https://twitter.com/clivefpalmer/status/834336677636091905

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

The FWC even said that many people currently rely on penalty rates just to make ends meet, but who gives a gently caress. Guillotine the loving lot IMO

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Convenient that the FWC got their decision out in time to not have to work on the weekend, that would have been the true tragedy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Maybe we can get conservatives to care about suicide prevention after all!

• Locked thread