Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Lid posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/QandA/status/828173570652069888

Daisy Cousens
Daisy Cousens is a freelance journalist and (occasional) provocateur based in Sydney, Australia. She graduated from the University of Sydney in 2015 with a Master of Creative Writing, having previously gained a Bachelor of Music at the Australian Institute of Music and a Bachelor of Arts at Macquarie University.

Soon after completing her Masters, Daisy became a contributor at SheSaid online magazine, and in 2016 began freelancing for The Spectator Australia. Her focus is political ideology, culture and satire. She was also editorial assistant at Quadrant magazine, and remains a continuing contributor for the Quadrant print edition.

In addition, Daisy has recently begun writing for deadcentrepolitics.com, with a focus on the conservative stance. She is also taking part in a think tank at the Menzies Research Centre, presenting the downside of national debt and deficit to millennials.

Daisy also enjoys sports journalism, and has freelanced for The Roar Sports with a focus on tennis.

Imagine graduating university with those degrees, writing articles of that calibre and ending up at a right wing think tank.

I checked her SheSaid contributions. She churned out left-leaning buzzfeed style articles.

quote:

Daisy is a writer, actress, and outspoken feminist. She has a peculiar fixation with tennis and often shouts, "Vamos Rafa!" at inappropriate moments. Harry Potter is her spirit animal.

DEAR WOMEN, PLEASE STOP LAUGHING AT SEXIST REMARKS
BY Daisy Cousens
TAGS: alpha male, chauvinism, chauvinistic norms, clinical psychologist, clinical psychologist Dr Lissa Johnson, dating, Dr. Lissa Johnson, feminine, Feminism, first date, girl power, hyper-sexualising women, psychology, self-objectification, self-subjugation, sexism, social conditioning, status quo, women are crazy

lol. Now I know where she developed her woke, hot take style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

We can thank Joe Hockey for tirelessly fighting to keep wind turbines away from Sydney.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

ewe2 posted:

et voila!

So, the SDA is propping up the Labor Right faction based off membership numbers (and large party donations). Which are driven by places like Coles and Woolworths who receive commissions from memberships and sweetheart collective agreements that leave the workers worse off.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Zenithe posted:

I'm currently under an SDA work agreement, here are some of its greatest hits:

-possible to work 10 hour shifts with no break (token break, no time spent not working)
-only public holiday that gets extra pay is Christmas day, everything else standard weekend rates regardless.
-expired in 2014, meaning that the last three years everyone under the agreement has been getting an effective paycut as inflation goes up.

smh. I wish other unions spoke up about the SDA, they are an embarrassment. What's the point of union solidarity if they don't even make an effort to work in the best interests of their members.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Zenithe posted:

He's from QLD, so replace your garbage suggested dish with a lasagna topper.

I had to look it up and :magical:

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Recoome posted:

Pretty ironic seeing as the NSW police were all :qq: about their portrayal in GTA V. Guess it must've hit pretty close to the mark?

It is a GTA IV mod. So they are just giving publicity to something no one gave a poo poo about. I last time I tried to play the game I couldn't even get it to run on Windows 10 (or maybe it was 8).

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Starshark posted:

stdh.txt. Why do young Libs and teenage political tragics always have a bullshit story like this?

It was simply a movie ticket he was seeking. He’d popped down to the [University of Sydney’s] Student Representative Council, where the woman at the front counter had dismissed his query. He thought she was rude. She probably thought he was an upstart, but Joe was furious. His fees were paying her salary and that meant she was in his service. ‘I would have liked her to be nice to me,’ Joe says, ‘so I thought I should give politics a go.’

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

You wouldn't because anyone's who's in bed with the liberals is going to be a pretty lovely root and an even worse partner.

I'm sure there's a guy out there who would be willing to consider George Christensen as a charity case.

• Locked thread