Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I don't understand the lack of desire to change games or to even attack it's massively frustrating 😞

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
yeah I don't get it either really I wouldn't even mind if we played hoofball and just get everyone around the big lads but we try and play nice football without any of the cutting edge of a Bournemouth, just feels really ineffective.

I still think he's probably the best man for the job atm but it's not been an easy watch all season.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
imo the league should play 19 games and then have a short transfer window and then play the other 19 games, and you should only be allowed to change managers during the transfer window also, so that teams don't get a particular advantage or disadvantage by having to play a team before or after they sack a garbageman

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

vyelkin posted:

imo the league should play 19 games and then have a short transfer window and then play the other 19 games, and you should only be allowed to change managers during the transfer window also, so that teams don't get a particular advantage or disadvantage by having to play a team before or after they sack a garbageman

This is the dumbest thing I've ever read on these forums.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Harry Kane is having fun. 3 goals and an assist in the first half.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

AJ_Impy posted:

Harry Kane is having fun. 3 goals and an assist in the first half.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3811378

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
every team should have a squad of managers and they get subbed in and out depending on who the team is playing next.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Paperhouse posted:

every team should have a squad of managers and they get subbed in and out depending on who the team is playing next.

Yeah but only three manager subs allowed during a game, even if it goes into extra time

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
No managers. You don't need managers. Just kick the ball into the goal

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtL3cYdcOdI

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
So many insanely bad teams this season that Stoke are safe from the drop before the end of Febuary and done their early departure on vacation like usual.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
yeah that really didn't require an update

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
ranieri donated half the money he got for being sacked to charity

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

That Liverpool result was so loving predictable.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Did you put money on it then?

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections
Klopp has less points after 55 games than Brendan

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001

Jose posted:

class tells

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Jose posted:

Do you know what he did with the other half

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Breath Ray posted:

Do you know what he did with the other half

Blue Thai 'pizza'

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
what's the most credible source saying he donated the money?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
So Klopps job is relatively safe for now. At least until next year...however if he doesnt get either:

a) A decent CB
b) A competent CM
c) A decent lone striker

Any of the combinations of 2 of the above by the end of next season i might see why people would say he could start to worry, bearing in mind hes only been in charge for just over a year now and has been dealing with mostly Rodgers' wastemen it would be loving crazy to get rid of him now.

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

CyberPingu posted:

it would be loving crazy to get rid of him now.

Englishfootball.txt

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
I thought they just needed mane to come back after the acn?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Ramagamma posted:

Englishfootball.txt

Liverpool at least have a decent history of giving managers time....mostly

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

CyberPingu posted:

So Klopps job is relatively safe for now. At least until next year...however if he doesnt get either:

a) A decent CB
b) A competent CM
c) A decent lone striker

Any of the combinations of 2 of the above by the end of next season i might see why people would say he could start to worry, bearing in mind hes only been in charge for just over a year now and has been dealing with mostly Rodgers' wastemen it would be loving crazy to get rid of him now.

If he is having trouble dealing with Rodger's wastemen why did rodgers do better with his wastemen?

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Byolante posted:

If he is having trouble dealing with Rodger's wastemen why did rodgers do better with his wastemen?

because they were his wastemen that he chose specifically for his wasteteam. what a dumb question

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Byolante posted:

Rodgers was carried by Suarez....

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Playing Lucas at CB vs. Vardy is criminal negligence

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I don't know how we've managed to go through so many managers and so many defenders and the defence never improves. No manager we've had since Benitez has managed to actually get Liverpool to defend well for longer than a few games in a row. I think maybe under Dalglish there was like a half-season or so when we were consistently good defensively, so we promptly fired our defensive coach and went back to being poo poo. I don't remember the exact details though.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

The last time i remember our defense being good was when we had Agger, Aurelio, Skrtl and <Insert RB here> in our defense.

Since then its just been utter garbage

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Klopp has a lower win rate than Moyes (at Utd) apparently :laugh:

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

PirateBob posted:

Klopp has a lower win rate than Moyes (at Utd) apparently :laugh:

Not surprising tbh...Moyes did not do as badly as everyone seems to think. Plus Klopp has played more matches with (arguably) a weaker team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3811797

• Locked thread