Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Paperhouse posted:

he should be back around Easter

I want all four of your sources

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Paperhouse posted:

freakin nice

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Clattenburg dancing for those oil dollars

https://twitter.com/robharris/status/832220779349696512

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
That's a shame. As smug as he can be, he's still one of the better refs in the Prem.

Hard to blame him for chasing real money if someone's offering it though, not like he's a player that's going to be on millions wherever.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Worst thing is the circus the media have turned this into

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

julian assflange posted:

Worst thing is the circus the media have turned this into

What have they been doing to turn it into a circus out of curiosity? He's one of the top referees in the country and the favorite of the FA so him leaving is a pretty big deal.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
He's terrible and I'm glad he's leaving.

Daktari
May 30, 2006

As men in rage strike those that wish them best,

Lot 49 posted:

He's terrible and I'm glad he's leaving.

He's no Mike Dean though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StRVqK7xgw4

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

How long until we see his rear end in an orange jumpsuit for missing a clear handball?

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Akileese posted:

What have they been doing to turn it into a circus out of curiosity? He's one of the top referees in the country and the favorite of the FA so him leaving is a pretty big deal.

Idk maybe I'm one of the few who doesn't care all that much but it's obviously big news to some.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

TheBigAristotle posted:

How long until we see his hand cut off for not letting the right team win?

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!
how long until his wife gets stoned to death for beeing seen without a burka?

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

TheBigAristotle posted:

How long until we see his rear end in an orange jumpsuit for missing a clear handball?

I don't think he's actually reffing out there, is he? Looks like he's replacing Webb as their head of referees. Chances are he doesn't even have to move there. Webb was certainly able to keep doing BT Sport work over the past while.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I'm seeing a lot of "Arsene out" media articles atm.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Gonna be a clearance, Sanchez will jump, Ozil if anyone who can afford him wants him.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

vyelkin posted:

Yeah. I get the feeling that Arsenal have been allowing some leaks to put it out there that he might not be coming back. Ornstein made a kind of cryptic tweet yesterday, saying "Arsene Wenger's future will be decided at end of season. New deal offered earlier still on table but will be mutual decision in summer." The tweet kind of wavers between saying Arsenal will review Wengy's position and saying that it's still Wenger's decision. I get the feeling this is it, boys.

Also, I think Sanchez staying doesn't depend on Wengy, just money. Ozil makes a lot of noises about loving Wengy, but who knows.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
I get the feeling that Sanchez prioritizes playing every match and winning stuff over more money. He would probably be happy with Wenger leaving and keeping the same salary if it meant bringing in a manager who actually has a plan against big teams beyond "go out there and express yourself." Which is what Harry Redknapp would say if he were French and viewed as an intellectual.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Shoren posted:

I get the feeling that Sanchez prioritizes playing every match and winning stuff over more money. He would probably be happy with Wenger leaving and keeping the same salary if it meant bringing in a manager who actually has a plan against big teams beyond "go out there and express yourself." Which is what Harry Redknapp would say if he were French and viewed as an intellectual.

He's basically said it's about money, though.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
I hope Wenger stays to make Piers Morgan poo poo himself

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Barry Shitpeas posted:

I hope Wenger stays to make Piers Morgan poo poo himself

Hopefully they hire JK Rowling.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

vyelkin posted:

It's that time of year again.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I would really like Wenger's last fa cup match as a manager to be a loss to a non-league side who don't want to get promoted to league 2 because professional football sounds like too much work.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
I wonder if Wengy will move upstairs or just waterslide off into the sunset

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
He's staying 5eva (thats one more than 3eva)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39001868

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

track day bro! posted:

Isn't that 2 more

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

track day bro! posted:

Wow. I guess that's Wengy to PSG then

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

blue footed boobie posted:

He's basically said it's about money, though.

lol sure let's see the quote

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Wow. I guess that's Wengy to PSG then

Why? I still don't believe the Arsenal board will get rid of him if he wants to stay. Not unless there's any danger of them finishing outside the top 4.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

peanut- posted:

Why? I still don't believe the Arsenal board will get rid of him if he wants to stay. Not unless there's any danger of them finishing outside the top 4.

Because everyone is calling for his head so even if the board doesn't sack him he probably won't renew anyway. And when Emery doesn't win the CL he's getting sacked so that opens the door up for Wenger. Not like he'll do better than Emery, mind.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Paperhouse posted:

lol

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

lol sure let's see the quote

Alexis posted:

"I'm focused more on winning football matches -- I'm staying concentrated on that," Sanchez told Sky Sports. "It really doesn't depend on me -- if they want to show confidence in me. I'm very happy at the club.

"I love all the staff. I'm very grateful for everybody here. It depends on Arsenal. I enjoy the relationship with the fans. I want to achieve more for them. I want to win the Premier League and the Champions League.

"I've told my agent I don't want to speak about this too much when all the rumours are going around -- it can distract a player from their main focus of concentration."

"I'm playing well and scoring goals. I'm achieving my objectives,"

"I'm just focused on playing football, Sunday is a very important match... I'm very relaxed. I'm trying not to let it bother me -- that's not what I want.

http://af.reuters.com/article/idAFKBN1460B6?utm_source=34553&utm_medium=partner

"It really doesn't depend on me -- if they want to show confidence in me" means "pay me" IMO.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

http://af.reuters.com/article/idAFKBN1460B6?utm_source=34553&utm_medium=partner

"It really doesn't depend on me -- if they want to show confidence in me" means "pay me" IMO.

Interesting, I thought "I want to win the Premier League and the Champions League" clearly conveys his intentions, but I guess I was wrong!

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
SHOWDOWN: GARY NEVILLE Meets ArsenalFanTV (Ft DT, Troopz, Claude & Moh)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmgVPi_YQ7E

E:

Montasque fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Feb 17, 2017

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Shoren posted:

Interesting, I thought "I want to win the Premier League and the Champions League" clearly conveys his intentions, but I guess I was wrong!

It's preceded by "I want to achieve more for them [arsenal]." Just your standard throw away line that's the equivalent of "I am focused on winning things for my team" everyone says. Of course this is two months old, and Arsenal have been really bad recently.

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
it can easily be interpreted to mean he'd gladly play for a team with a greater chance to win major hardware and the financial willingness to pay for that level of performance

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
Hummels moved to Bayern in part because Arsenal never contacted him.

Arsenal lost out on Martial when Manchester United outbid them.

Meanwhile Wenger tried to bring in Vardy and Mahrez.

At least Mustafi was a smart long term signing.

Ultimately the Kantes and Dembeles of the world dont want to play for them because theyre not capable of challenging for trophies the way Dortmund and Atletico Madrid can.

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
(Wenger must walk.)

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Reprisal posted:

it can easily be interpreted to mean he'd gladly play for a team with a greater chance to win major hardware and the financial willingness to pay for that level of performance

How dare you suggest that a player would take good money to play for a good team that wins things over less money for a bad team that fails and where nobody tries any more

There's no empirical evidence for this assertion

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Since Alexis joined Arsenal in 2014:

Arsenal has gone from £208m cash on hand to £226m
Arsenal has gone from a Forbes valuation of $1.3b to $2b
Kroenke has gone from a net worth of $5.7b to $7.2b
Arsenal has gone from being a fail club to being an even more fail club

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoren