Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
https://gfycat.com/BlaringShadyKiskadee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Ok, we've seen him do his half-pipe skills now it's time to see some gerinding.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

suuma posted:

Yeah, it's great. I just got involved in other games and put it down for a while.

I know everybody says they're not super comparable but I can't help making the comparison - I beat Dark Souls 1 like 15 times and got all of the achievements, but just couldn't really get into 2. 3 was great but I never finished it because there was too much other stuff to play.

Dark Souls 1 has the best replayability is probably a big part. 2 has an extremely slow start, and 3 nerfed strength and magic builds into the abyss so you have like 2 build options.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

1 is also short with a lot of optional areas. 2 and 3 are much longer games

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The first half of Dark Souls 2 is optional if you grind a million souls to open that one door to Drangleic Castle

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Gaming plans for this month.

- Finishing Berseria on Thursday/Friday.
- Spending the rest of the month on Yakuza 0 and RE7.

From my understanding RE7 is short which is fine, more time for Yakuza then.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

LawfulWaffle posted:

When you say Japanese, do you mean it never got a US release? Is it one on this list? http://www.gamefaqs.com/top10/2755-the-top-10-ps2-japan-only-games-you-may-not-know-rpg

I'm honestly not sure if it received wider release or not; I just recall it was made by Japanese developers. Unfortunately, none of the games on that list or the shortlist below it seem to fit the bill. Thank you, though!

I think I'll finally complete SMT Strange Journey and finish my LP run of Geneforge. Then I might replay Geneforge II. And more MHGen. Nioh looks really good. I'm just still feeling some sour grapes about Persona 5. :sigh:

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Woah, this looks cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_6dqzDvxNY

Coming to xb1, ps4, pc and switch!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Skeezy posted:

Gaming plans for this month.

-Playing a bit more Hitman but not as much because I've "Mastered" all the levels now.
-Starting Shovel Knight for the first time! (It might not have been first on my list to try after Hitman but it was a Christmas gift so there's a little bit of conspicuous consumption going on here so my wife knows she got me something I did in fact want. Otherwise I'd be playing DOOM!)

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

devtesla posted:

Woah, this looks cool

Oh poo poo.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Even Polygon could figure out how to play it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvT4g-e5T-o

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

devtesla posted:

Woah, this looks cool

Their animation is on point considering it triggers that primal, hair-on-the-back-my-neck sensation of seeing a snake.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Also the guy at Nintendo just said the price of the online service is around $17.50 – $26.50 a year so people can thankfully stop freaking out about Switch online prices.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lobok posted:

-Playing a bit more Hitman but not as much because I've "Mastered" all the levels now.

You may want to check again lol

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

In Training posted:

You may want to check again lol

No, I know. The Pro stuff is a cool addition but it's really not much different than replaying any other game on a higher difficulty level and I don't tend to do that. I will try it out though because an extra emetic syringe from re-Mastering Sapienza would be sweet to have.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

devtesla posted:

Woah, this looks cool

I hope that's an example of the soundtrack because that was pretty drat funky

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Phantasium posted:

Also the guy at Nintendo just said the price of the online service is around $17.50 – $26.50 a year so people can thankfully stop freaking out about Switch online prices.

Cool still doesn't seem worth it considering how awful every other online service they've offered before has been, so if it's even remotely similar it's not worth paying a single cent for!

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

He should hang out with fellow manly pro skater Solid Snake imo.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

What does the hummingbird do

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I'm gonna play Nioh all month cause it comes out the day before my birthday. Probably'll continue to play Miku, Brigador and Rainbow Six Siege.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

What does the hummingbird do

It's a friend

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

exquisite tea posted:

I guess a lot of game reviewers had their pre-release NDAs lifted from HZD because a whole bunch of 10-15 minute gameplay footage videos have come out in the past couple days. FWIW the basic gameplay loop looks really cool and nothing else I've seen is as egregiously bad as what was in the video, but it's a wait and see kind of thing for me.

Can you link some of these? None of the usual suspects seem to have posted one yet.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

haveblue posted:

Can you link some of these? None of the usual suspects seem to have posted one yet.

Here's the Easy Allies preview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGhghvqJ0HU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Really Pants posted:

anyone else remember when games were completed before release :corsair:
When was that exactly?

https://tcrf.net/Category:Games_by_release_date

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Captain Invictus posted:

Cool still doesn't seem worth it considering how awful every other online service they've offered before has been, so if it's even remotely similar it's not worth paying a single cent for!

I would pay 50 dollars a year if miiverse was allowed to live on

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

In Training posted:

:yeah: :(

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also the only time anybody had a "good" online service was Late life PS3 PS Plus because they were dropping great big titles from the library to encourage people to subscribe. Once PS Plus became required it became equally as good and bad as every other online service and the Plus games are largely boring

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

In Training posted:

This

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Phantasium posted:

What a bizarrely, precisely imprecise estimate

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Honestly dumb cutscenes aside I'll probably be pretty happy with the game if it's just pos-post apocalypse Far Cry Primal, though I don't know if I'd buy it at full price at the moment.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

miiverse does live on. in here... 👉❤

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Do they tie the snake up in a knot in that

I want to know what happens if you make your snake into a knot

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

CrashCat posted:

What a bizarrely, precisely imprecise estimate

It's cuz it's just converting the yen based estimate of 2 to 3 thousand

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

FirstAidKite posted:

Do they tie the snake up in a knot in that

i'm sure there's a reddit board you can take this to while the rest of us enjoy wholesome family platforming

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i saw there was a new digimon world game out for the ps4, is it any good? i haven't played a digimon game in way too long

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

FirstAidKite posted:

His head balloons up and he gets comically blue in the face.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

sharrrk posted:

i saw there was a new digimon world game out for the ps4, is it any good? i haven't played a digimon game in way too long

Cyber Sleuth was good, the new one looks, eh, not my thing.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

sharrrk posted:

It is very much a Digimon World game, if you know what you're getting into you'll know if you like it. If you don't, beware because that formula is a bit unconventional. I feel that they didn't bother to add much in the way of extra detail, it still looks like a PS2 game remastered for PS4.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
The Switch online service pricing announcement just seems real vague from what I saw, not even just the x - y amount of yen, but I mean, is that Japan only? Price discrimination is a thing. If Nintendo thinks other regions can bear a higher price, why wouldn't Nintendo price the sub accordingly?

I'm unduly puzzled by this, since I don't have plans to buy the Switch, but the announcement just keeps popping up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

devtesla posted:

Woah, this looks cool

Finally, a new Chameleon Twist

• Locked thread