Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

We should get a gamer into the White House

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

"If you were wondering where our revi-"
"We weren't."

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

chumbler posted:

Will you pay me to write about the maybe one or two games a year I manage to finish?

I'll pay you in brand exposure, sure

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Those clowns at Polygon, what a bunch of clowns.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Shoulda had Griffin review Nioh. Sometimes I get the impression he's the only one on staff who actually enjoys that kind of game.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

In Training posted:

Mike Ross and Justin Wong had their chance.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
A Polygon writer walks into a bar. The bartender looks at him and says "Get the gently caress out of here"

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I highly doubt a bartender would recognize a Polygon writer on sight.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

In Training posted:

Sounds like it's being run by a bunch of GamerGaters already.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Drain The Sewer Levels

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

In Training posted:

already happened before obama left, they had a stream and fighting game and eveyrthing

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I just got to the one sewer level in pillars last night and laughed because I'd actually forgotten it has a sewer level

So only half the people (47%) who bought yakuza 0 have beaten chapter 2

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Something like 2% of people who own Guilty Gear Xrd SIGN on PS4 have never even launched the game.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

In Training posted:

Something like 2% of people who own Guilty Gear Xrd SIGN on PS4 have never even launched the game.

That seems shockingly low compared to, say, any game on Steam.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Help Im Alive posted:

I'll start a video game publication for gamers, by gamers!

Don't do it, the Giant Bomb thread in RGD is loving awful

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

In Training posted:

I'm among them because I just haven't had time. And that's on top of physical copies of some games I haven't even opened yet. One of these days I'll stop buying things that look cool but I know I won't get around to.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

me and ruggs post there so it's good though

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Dr Cheeto posted:

That seems shockingly low compared to, say, any game on Steam.

I'm guessing stats like that come from the monthly free PS+ games that people download and never play.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

precision posted:

I just got to the one sewer level in pillars last night and laughed because I'd actually forgotten it has a sewer level

I got the game yesterday and have been playing nonstop and I'm still in chapter 2 cause a buttload of Kiryu's substories kick off there.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I finally finished Kiryu's real estate side content and moved on with the story, and now I got to Majima's cabaret club stuff and the story has come to a halt again so I can't finish it.

I'm not sure I'll be done in time for Nioh :sweatdrop:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

precision posted:

That's me and it's totally because for some reason I bought two other 40+ hour games this month as well

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

CJacobs posted:

The thread is bad but videogames.com is actually good.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

oddium posted:

polygon should apologize for doing things other than making griffin / justin / nick videos

griffin nailed it again with Peacecraft, I can never get enough

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

chumbler posted:

I'm among them because I just haven't had time. And that's on top of physical copies of some games I haven't even opened yet. One of these days I'll stop buying things that look cool but I know I won't get around to.

:same:

I'm probably up to more than twenty games bought that I haven't even opened so far over the last half year.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

CrashCat posted:

griffin nailed it again with Peacecraft, I can never get enough

i prefer that griffin/nick have someone to bounce off of. i think justin can pull solo stuff off perfectly fine though

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Looper posted:

Wait what why did we never hang out

I didn't know you lived in Austin, I totally would have.

So I'm playing D44m for the first time and it's really good and fun and I see why people love it. Like my only criticism is that it could use a better damage indicator, but that's pretty small.

Loose Ifer
Feb 1, 2002
It's Swelling!
Grimey Drawer
I'm still trying to get the hang of bloodborne, but i'm having fun with it now at least. Made it past 3 bosses, wooo.

Any games like darkest dungeon only where you don't die all the time?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
uh

so the end of chapter 4 in yakuza 0

i... oh... what... oh man :ohdear:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Loose Ifer posted:

I'm still trying to get the hang of bloodborne, but i'm having fun with it now at least. Made it past 3 bosses, wooo.

Any games like darkest dungeon only where you don't die all the time?

Battle Brothers is game kind of like Darkest Dungeon although it has a mortality rate just as high.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

bloodychill posted:

I didn't know you lived in Austin, I totally would have.

So I'm playing D44m for the first time and it's really good and fun and I see why people love it. Like my only criticism is that it could use a better damage indicator, but that's pretty small.

I moved to Colorado over the summer :( missed goon connections...

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

CJacobs posted:

Liquid Penguins and Gaspar Lewis got perma'd and Ramagamma is forbidden from posting there, so it's vastly improved! It gets a little gassy at times but those folks pass along pretty quickly! Come on by~

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Captain Invictus posted:

Liquid Penguins and Gaspar Lewis got perma'd and Ramagamma is forbidden from posting there, so it's vastly improved! It gets a little gassy at times but those folks pass along pretty quickly! Come on by~

They were talking about the stupid nazi punching back and forth that has been going around recently because Austin Walker posted about it on twitter, instead of video games, so no actually steer very clear of it. Instead go to the Imp Zone thread

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Looper posted:

I moved to Colorado over the summer :( missed goon connections...

Welcome to Colorful Colorado. Where the air is filled with weed smoke and housing prices are escalating far faster than wages.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Nasgate posted:

Welcome to Colorful Colorado. Where the air is filled with weed smoke and housing prices are escalating far faster than wages.

So it's like anywhere else in the country but with more weed.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I'm getting a t-shirt that says "I'm a Gamer, I've Been Punching Nazis Since 1992 :smuggo:"

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

CJacobs posted:

They were talking about the stupid nazi punching back and forth that has been going around recently because Austin Walker posted about it on twitter, instead of video games, so no actually steer very clear of it. Instead go to the Imp Zone thread
please don't advocate people go to the imp zone at all, thanks and gobbles.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Please post in the Imp Zone, but don't post in the giant bomb thread in the imp zone if its the only thread youre going to post in.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Captain Invictus posted:

please don't advocate people go to the imp zone at all, thanks and gobbles.

Even the Imp Zone thread is better than that trash fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

CJacobs posted:

Even the Imp Zone thread is better than that trash fire.

Actually the Imp Zone is great.

• Locked thread