Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FunMerrania
Mar 3, 2013

Blast Processing

Venomous posted:

Because this'll probably be the closest thing the Super Smash Bros. get to a big break until either their visa issues are sorted out or they're signed to New Japan

Did they get banned like Mike Bailey?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

FunMerrania posted:

Did they get banned like Mike Bailey?

Not so much that as US border guards are dicks and you have to jump through hundreds of hoops to get a US visa. From their AMA:

Granted, that was a year ago, but it doesn't look like they've had any US matches since then.

Venomous fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Feb 4, 2017

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Corrode posted:

Is Jeff Hardy even allowed to leave the US?

As I understand it, it's not so much that Jeff isn't allowed to leave as much as it is he's not allowed into several other key markets (like the UK)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Drug convictions for trafficking restrict him from entrance in the UK. He can leave the US, but not to there.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
i would pay don west 20$ to spend 7$ at a dollar store and give me the items

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Tato posted:

Idol Stevens/Damien Sandow/Aron Rex is always saying it's time for him to show the "real him" and then just does another impersonation of some other past wrestler. Perhaps they'll reveal there is no "real" Aron Rex and he's a sociopath with split personalities

I remember a children's book by Louis Sachar where one of the kids was revealed to be a dead rat wearing like 50 coats

Aron Rex is a dead rat

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

GeneX posted:

I remember a children's book by Louis Sachar where one of the kids was revealed to be a dead rat wearing like 50 coats

Aron Rex is a dead rat

I want to say that this is from one of the Wayside School books but I can't quite place it.

If TNA had a stable comprised entirely of Wayside School gimmicks I might actually start watching again.

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Feb 5, 2017

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I loved the wayside school books

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

RZApublican posted:

If TNA had a stable comprised entirely of Wayside School gimmicks I might actually start watching again.

:yeah:

Oh wow when googling wayside school I learned there was an animated movie made of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqN1g1hmsqo

Jen X fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Feb 5, 2017

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Chris James 2 posted:

Drug convictions for trafficking restrict him from entrance in the UK. He can leave the US, but not to there.
Jeff is barely legal to leave NC right now

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I loved the annual TNA tradition where Jeff would get randomly beat down and sell an injury angle, which conveniently always happened right before TNA's UK tour.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Benne posted:

I loved the annual TNA tradition where Jeff would get randomly beat down and sell an injury angle, which conveniently always happened right before TNA's UK tour.

Combined with the annual tradition of using Jeff as the biggest name to sell tickets for the UK shows knowing full well that he can't go and him not being there would piss people off.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/828380711547699200

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I would work for tna in exchange for a canadian visa

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

http://vulturehound.co.uk/2017/02/news-report-pro-wrestling-noah-announce-alliance-with-tna-impact-wrestling/

TNA has formed a working relationship with Pro Wrestling NOAH. They're both owned by multinational conglomerates that seem like they're using the companies as feeders to their bigger projects and not allow said organizations to grow beyond their standing now.

How is this NOT a perfect deal?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Testekill posted:

Because TNA fucks up literally everything they do.

E: or was that rhetorical?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

DJExile posted:

Because TNA fucks up literally everything they do.

E: or was that rhetorical?

Rhetorical question, both companies are in a similar position.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Misawa wouldn't have done this :(

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Per Dave,Anthem is apparently looking to freeze salaries and possibly shrink the roater in order to triage expenses.

Not sure what that means for the Hardies or Galloway

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Testekill posted:

http://vulturehound.co.uk/2017/02/news-report-pro-wrestling-noah-announce-alliance-with-tna-impact-wrestling/

TNA has formed a working relationship with Pro Wrestling NOAH. They're both owned by multinational conglomerates that seem like they're using the companies as feeders to their bigger projects and not allow said organizations to grow beyond their standing now.

The next star in Japan is going to come from NOAH after this deal is over.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

exploded mummy posted:

Per Dave,Anthem is apparently looking to freeze salaries and possibly shrink the roater in order to triage expenses.

Not sure what that means for the Hardies or Galloway

Haven't listened to WOR yet but they've already did that with staff.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4C35wS4cv6A

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Poor Spud, he's putting everything into this. He deserves better.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

syzpid posted:

Poor Spud, he's putting everything into this. He deserves better.

He'd probably settle for a consistent paycheck.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

grack posted:

He'd probably settle for a paycheck.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
double post :whatup:

NAG
Jul 13, 2009

The shot's not even in focus.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Wiccan Wasteland posted:

The next star in Japan is going to come from NOAH after this deal is over.

I can't wait to add "replaced Rockstar Spud as Aron Rex's valet" to "dressed up as Kato from Green Hornet", "made Daivari angry by losing", and "got pinned by Kevin Nash in a 2-on-1 handicap match" in future discussions about what TNA did with the top stars in Japan.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
There are top TNA executives have to take 50% pay cuts. Lagana got out before that: https://twitter.com/Lagana/status/829360400537788416 https://twitter.com/Lagana/status/829361864974884864

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

nice inspirational meme nerd. meetville dot freaking com

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

now that Lagana's gone, maybe the writing won't be terrible?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its really remarkable how bad a gimmick Aron Rex has. I'm pretty sure I'm buying the shoot interview or listening to the podcast where he explains this gimmick because I just need to try and understand what he thinks is happening here.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

STAC Goat posted:

Its really remarkable how bad a gimmick Aron Rex has. I'm pretty sure I'm buying the shoot interview or listening to the podcast where he explains this gimmick because I just need to try and understand what he thinks is happening here.

Its the kind of thing would have been a great heat magnet 20 years ago that has 0 resonance nowadays. I mean people are like "ugh, Aron Rex" but no one's like "Ugh, Aron Rex, I totally bought tickets to watch Davey Richards cripple him"

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Goldust was probably the last instance of that kind of gimmick actually working fairly well, right?

Anyone trying that gimmick in 2017 though - lol.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Goldust was probably the last instance of that kind of gimmick actually working fairly well, right?

Yes, and even barely-gave-a-poo poo-Black-Reign Dustin Runnels had about 10x the charisma of Aron Rex. Also 10x the in-ring ability.

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

grack posted:

Yes, and even barely-gave-a-poo poo-Black-Reign Dustin Runnels had about 10x the charisma of Aron Rex. Also 10x the in-ring ability.

Let's not say things we can't take back

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Aron Rex is so much better than Black Reign despite being thrust into a bunch of matches with a stupid round system.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Dustin Rhodes at his peak ('92-'95, and his last run with Cody) had 10x the in-ring ability of Sandow, but Black Reign was not his peak.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Alain Post posted:

Dustin Rhodes at his peak ('92-'95, and his last run with Cody) had 10x the in-ring ability of Sandow, but Black Reign was not his peak.

It certainly was his peak weight, though, and probably also peak drug consumption.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Goldust had an awesome run with Cody against the Shield, which almost made up for the garbage he did in the Attitude Era and TNA. Dude was a way better wrestler in 2013-14 than he was in the 90s.

Not even Mizdow reached those heights, and Aron Rex will be lucky to hit even '96 Goldust levels of notoriety.

Benne fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Feb 9, 2017

• Locked thread