Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I really want them to bring back Russo.

They change ownership and they sort of re-brand and their first attempt at taking the company to further heights is the same guy whose infinite incompetence played a key part in preventing them from growing in the first place.

Its beautiful. I hope he books himself in title matches again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

RealFoxy posted:

I don't think J-Ru isn't banning discussion of Vince Russo, he's banning Rovert from his famous "I know something but I can't tell you and well, if it happens I'll let you know that I knew about it and if it didn't then plans changed".

This is exactly it, and I've explained this to Rovert in a PM as well after having given him a warning a week or so back about that type of thing. I don't want to give anybody a probation if I can avoid it but after I give out a warning I gotta follow through.

Rovert's most recent post is largely posting actual content and news and deriving speculation from that, and that kind of thing is absolutely fine and to be encouraged.

If anybody wants to discuss this further or moderation in general with me then please PM me, otherwise it generally just derails threads in a negative way.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Strawberry Panda posted:

I think Impact Wrestling putting on good matches would at least get people to try and catch a few matches. Literally no one has talked about a TNA match in this thread for months.

From non-TNA marks (i.e. people who watch literally everything) who actually watch Impact, it's actually been an entertainingly booked and well worked show since Jarrett took over (aside from Aron Rex), it's just that the company is ice cold.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Alain Post posted:

it's just that the company is ice cold.

I think this really is the major issue. TNA did so many terrible things for so long (I stopped regularly watching around the time of the Prince Justice Brotherhood for example) and has been reported as dying/dead so often that most people who have already given it multiple second chances have just given up.

When Anthem bought it they really should have completely revamped everything including the name - it's still Impact Wrestling as far as I know and that's still got the TNA association and everything bad that goes with that.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
What's frustrating is how many times TNA had the hottest things in Wrestling at the time and then went on to squander it. The X-Division, The Knockouts, their amazing Tag-Team division for a while, Samoa Joe vs Kurt Angle, even the Broken Hardy's. It's like they just keep lucking out and have no idea what to do with something when it's hot. It's the exact same thing that WCW would do over and over

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

I think this really is the major issue. TNA did so many terrible things for so long (I stopped regularly watching around the time of the Prince Justice Brotherhood for example) and has been reported as dying/dead so often that most people who have already given it multiple second chances have just given up.

When Anthem bought it they really should have completely revamped everything including the name - it's still Impact Wrestling as far as I know and that's still got the TNA association and everything bad that goes with that.

The thing that started the downfall, at least in terms of posting about TNA, was eliminating most of their PPVs for One Night Onlies and TV specials. At least if there was nothing to care about with TNA, we'd get a thread for a major show every month that people would watch and laugh at/occasionally see a good match/at least generate something that can be considered interest. Now the only 'major' shows are Impacts timed seemingly at random and PPVs that happen once every six months.

Edit: I'm bad at typing.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

This is exactly it, and I've explained this to Rovert in a PM as well after having given him a warning a week or so back about that type of thing. I don't want to give anybody a probation if I can avoid it but after I give out a warning I gotta follow through.

Rovert's most recent post is largely posting actual content and news and deriving speculation from that, and that kind of thing is absolutely fine and to be encouraged.

If anybody wants to discuss this further or moderation in general with me then please PM me, otherwise it generally just derails threads in a negative way.

I understand and will take more care. But I don't know if this 30 day thing is still happening. Can you address that publicly at least? I've asked privately. I never, ever said Russo was joining TNA but I was tasked to prove it? I just posted he seems to be possibly on the radar. Which I believe he may be as he's moving out of State somewhere while TNA is relocating to Canada. It very well be a coincidence. Russo's father recently passed away and his son essentially left the nest and got married. So there's less left in Colorado for him.

rovert fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Feb 10, 2017

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Gorn Myson posted:

I really want them to bring back Russo.

They change ownership and they sort of re-brand and their first attempt at taking the company to further heights is the same guy whose infinite incompetence played a key part in preventing them from growing in the first place.

Its beautiful. I hope he books himself in title matches again.

I've no idea if Russo is returning but outside of the Hardys stuff the product is really safe and boring also the ratings are flat. I could see a case that could be made for using Russo's techniques at least.

And by Russo's techniques I mean Allie calling someone a "skank".

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Rovert, when you're known for posting wrestling scoops and having insider information it's very irresponsible to post something so vague about something pretty major like "Russo is on TNA's radar" because it implies that you know something you can't talk about. If you wanna play Dave Meltzer at least be able to clarify what is your personal speculation and things you know are/might be happening, you didn't seem intent on making the difference known until threatened with a probation.

it's about ethics in wrestling journalism

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Question, if they don't re-sign the Hardys.... what happens to the tag belts?

rovert posted:

Can you address that publicly at least?

Check your PMs

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I was just waiting for more information to surface. That's it. Once I found some I posted it as soon as I could here.

I'll do better next time. But it is Russo and TNA. The tone of this thread is more jokey than others.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Jerusalem posted:

Does Global Force have tag champs? Just slot them in.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Tato posted:

Yes they have, they just jobbed to Sanity in NXT.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

How long's it been since Vacant's last title run in TNA? How long has it been since a really dumb tournament that makes no sense?

Tato posted:

They did, until the Bollywood Boys were signed in the CWC. While looking this up I found out that Beer Money had a reunion in 2016 for about three months and I never heard a peep about it :v:

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Lol. Wrestling really rules these days.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Scoop hot off the presses here, Vince Russo reported as saying Strikeforce is "the worst tag team ever"

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

RealFoxy posted:

How long's it been since Vacant's last title run in TNA? How long has it been since a really dumb tournament that makes no sense?

Gail vacated the Knockouts title in August and Lashley vacated the KOTM and X division championships in August. (Though the KOTM title was eventually ruled dead)

They vacated the title after Matt Hardy won it off of EC3 at BFG 2015 and then booked a tournament based off of random matches they taped which featured things like Suicide wrestling (even though he had unmasked as TJ Perkins and was out of the company) or Mahabeli Shera wrestling as Khoya his old gimmick that he lost when he left a James Storm group.

In the finals of the tournament Matt Hardy beat EC3

Then there has been the entire Grand shampionship which is a bizarre MMA inspired title and it's initial champion Aron Rex.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Feb 10, 2017

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

RealFoxy posted:

They did, until the Bollywood Boys were signed in the CWC. While looking this up I found out that Beer Money had a reunion in 2016 for about three months and I never heard a peep about it :v:

I believe James Storm left NXT to return to TNA and do a run with Beer Money... at which point Bobby Roode left TNA to go to NXT :allears:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
So how long until Jeff Jarrett books himself into a vanity title reign? 3 months?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

rovert posted:

I'll do better next time. But it is Russo and TNA. The tone of this thread is more jokey than others.
You know how this forum feels about jokey jokes.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
I still cannot believe the Gaymian Sandow is a real gimmick now. What is this world.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

It sounds like we're due for another poorly booked tournament then!

It's a shame TNA didn't have the forethought to make it Valentine's Day themed with odd-couples.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I hope V-Ru writes Aron Rex. That screams great televisión!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

rovert posted:

I was just waiting for more information to surface. That's it. Once I found some I posted it as soon as I could here.

It's just a goddamn probation, it's not like he's not cutting your loving hands off

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

It's just a goddamn probation, it's not like he's not cutting your loving hands off

A week is longer than 6 hours, it's fair for him to be upset

Jerusalem posted:

I believe James Storm left NXT to return to TNA and do a run with Beer Money... at which point Bobby Roode left TNA to go to NXT :allears:

It was not only same month that he left NXT, I believe it was within a week or two. It was hilarious to follow at the time. He left, Roode and Eric Young joined.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/830180736628097029

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

The Impact Wrestling logo will never not be terrible

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I like how ShopTNA still has the old logo.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The taping shedule is one of the most bush league things about this company

Martian Buddy
Jun 4, 2010

Are you ready to swear
right here,
right now,
before the devil

DoctorGonzo posted:

The taping shedule is one of the most bush league things about this company

Are they still doing that thing where they tape a month in advance?

How the hell is this company still alive?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Martian Buddy posted:

I think is more than a month?

Anthem thinks TNA tape library is worth something

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Martian Buddy posted:

Usually 2 months in advance. Stuff taped in the first week or two of January airs throughout this month into next month, right around when the next tapings will start.

Honestly I'm kinda impressed that there haven't been more injuries. Talent basically working 3-5 times in the span of 72 hours

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Martian Buddy posted:

Only doing tapings once every couple months means you spend fairly little money.

This is appealing to a broadcasting company.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Martian Buddy posted:

considering that every company not named WWE tapes in advance, this really isn't that big a deal and is kind of the actual smart way to do poo poo if you don't have to broadcast it live.

and with where TNA is financially, broadcasting it live is stupid.

Chris James 2 posted:

Usually 2 months in advance. Stuff taped in the first week or two of January airs throughout this month into next month, right around when the next tapings will start.

Honestly I'm kinda impressed that there haven't been more injuries. Talent basically working 3-5 times in the span of 72 hours

I think they're cutting down on the # of tapings in a session. The last two sessions were almost a week long, but that was when they were on shakier ground.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Martian Buddy posted:

Their taping schedule is insane, but it's honestly something I wish WWE would do. Tape a week in advance, that way they could edit it into something a little more watchable.

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Feb 11, 2017

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
Who are the three Fake Stings who forgot to paint their masks? Their website doesn't list the roster anymore

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Gorgolflox posted:

Who are the three Fake Stings who forgot to paint their masks? Their website doesn't list the roster anymore
James Storm's faction that includes Eddie Kingston and Bram called the DCC (Death Crew Council)

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
What is DCC's gimmick? At first I thought they were supposed to be hackers, but then they revealed who they were and Drunk Cowboy doesn't exactly scream "anarchistic hacker" to me.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Rhonne posted:

What is DCC's gimmick? At first I thought they were supposed to be hackers, but then they revealed who they were and Drunk Cowboy doesn't exactly scream "anarchistic hacker" to me.

they got clowned in Tag Team Apocolypto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

exploded mummy posted:

considering that every company not named WWE tapes in advance, this really isn't that big a deal and is kind of the actual smart way to do poo poo if you don't have to broadcast it live.

And even WWF used to tape a month's worth of TV in an evening, back when Raw was just an hour. It wasn't until Nitro started up that wrestling went live every Monday.

• Locked thread