Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Yo if Russo isn't back in some form in TNA in a month then you eat a one week probation.

Russo's going to return a day after rovert gets probated. SWERVE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

I think this really is the major issue. TNA did so many terrible things for so long (I stopped regularly watching around the time of the Prince Justice Brotherhood for example) and has been reported as dying/dead so often that most people who have already given it multiple second chances have just given up.

When Anthem bought it they really should have completely revamped everything including the name - it's still Impact Wrestling as far as I know and that's still got the TNA association and everything bad that goes with that.

The thing that started the downfall, at least in terms of posting about TNA, was eliminating most of their PPVs for One Night Onlies and TV specials. At least if there was nothing to care about with TNA, we'd get a thread for a major show every month that people would watch and laugh at/occasionally see a good match/at least generate something that can be considered interest. Now the only 'major' shows are Impacts timed seemingly at random and PPVs that happen once every six months.

Edit: I'm bad at typing.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Martian Buddy posted:

Are they still doing that thing where they tape a month in advance?

How the hell is this company still alive?

Only doing tapings once every couple months means you spend fairly little money.

This is appealing to a broadcasting company.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

Look at the total lack of buzz for ROH TV and tell me it is somehow a good thing to have a month of TV in the can. TNA did something sort of kind of buzz worthy at the tapings a month ago and it hasn't even aired yet. No one gives a poo poo now.

If TNA hadn't undone the best thing they did at the tapings then I would be counting down the days until it aired.

Of course, they undid it, so laaaaaaaaaame.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Grendels Dad posted:

Does the wrestling industry in general give a single poo poo about TNA? They seemed to be in their own little microcosm of terribleness for years now, it's like saying Troma affects the movie business except that Troma is good.

TNA hasn't been relevant since getting punted off Spike. It has one hot product in the Hardy Family but have no ability to turn it into money because of how their schedule works (while Matt and Jeff are probably making a killing).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Oh my god TNA what the hell is wrong with you.

• Locked thread