Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Aron Rex posted:

Impact Wrestling's management has done what a few people were scared to do -- give me a microphone on live TV. Now I am not going to stand out here and talk about glass ceilings and brass rings and any other kind of cliche. I am going to do what I always have done and that is come out here and tell the truth. I am going to speak with full disclosure and for those that used to employ me -- don't worry, because this is not about you. This is about something near and dear to my heart, something that I've always put first and foremost in my career: the paying customer, the supporter of professional wrestling, the fans. Over the course of the past five years, me having this philosophy, some people have labeled me too entertaining to receive opportunities to compete for world titles. But remember this, and I mean this from the bottom of my heart, no matter what any majority shareholder, CEO, or authority figure may want you to believe, anyone who has ever set foot in any ring has always worked directly for all of you.

So, Impact, here we are.

Let's talk about opportunity. Now, there are some that are preordained to receive opportunity after opportunity after opportunity and in the process not only is your intelligence insulted but your opinions are thrown out the window. There are others that on an even playing field seize opportunity. Right here on Impact Wrestling, right here in TNA, this is the proving ground where a talent can pass or fail, succeed or not succeed, based on talent alone.

Do we really need proof? I'll give you proof: EC3, Drew Galloway, Bobby Lashley, I mean there's even a guy called Brother Nero that I hear everybody talking about but I haven't met him but he sounds pretty good. You get my point.

When I first came here there was a graphic that said 'he's doing it his way.' This is my way: even playing field, take and sieze opportunity, exercise and realize my full potential. ... But mark my words, my way is simply proving it here. And my way is not only going to change the landscape but is going to change the very template of our industry. And for those of you that know me personally you know I'm telling the truth.

I've been called many names over the years. I'm going to keep it real with you guys -- my name is Aron and as of right now, as of this second, Aron Rex's new home is Impact Wrestling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

ironically all the guys who got let go pretty much doubled down on insanity. Sandow is now quagmired in perhaps the worst gimmick he's ever done, Ryback wrote a stupid loving book, Cody is doing a dream match tour that nobody cares about because it's Cody. Only Matt Hardy eventually had huge success, by essentially understanding that in a dying company he could get away with ANYTHING and everything batshit and utilized that to build a brand around his whackjob gimmick.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

are any of the TNA women's division ladies any good, I've literally never seen a match in the Knockouts division since the Shelly Martinez/Rebel atrocity so idk if Rosemary or Jade are legit talented

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Tato posted:

Idol Stevens/Damien Sandow/Aron Rex is always saying it's time for him to show the "real him" and then just does another impersonation of some other past wrestler. Perhaps they'll reveal there is no "real" Aron Rex and he's a sociopath with split personalities

Wouln't that just be another impersonation, that of James McAvoy from the blockbuster movie Split?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Death Crew Council is somehow even worse than Beat Down Clan

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Aces and Eights was awful because it was a stable of laughable jobbers plus a deflated Ken Anderson

I don't care how hard they tried, Bully Ray Dudley never was and never will be an intimidating mastermind

On the other side of the coin, the Main Event Mafia was one of the worst loving ideas ever conceived. let's have all the 36 yr old+ guys go over the younger talent, brilliant. Samoa Joe is beating us? Oh now we paid him off because we're too lovely to actually beat him

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

why hasn't jeff jarrett hosed off forever already, did anyone in the span of his WCW/WWF/TNA career actually give a gently caress about him? I can't think of a single memorable thing he did besides constantly thinking he was hot poo poo. he's a C-Tier wrestler and a poo poo-tier promoter

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

jesus christ jeff jarrett loving sucks

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

LOL holy loving poo poo how obtuse and willfully stupid can you be. yes what a badass, taking a poo poo on the guys who are the only loving reason anyone cared about your garbage-tier promotion the last year or so.

TNA was stupid for letting Galloway walk but they were plain brain-damaged killing the golden goose that was Matt Hardy, jesus christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

DoctorGonzo posted:

I actually dont think that TNA is stupid on this one. They are worthless and they are trying to keep the cost down so maybe in the future make some money of this trashcan of a company.

they probably still could have kept their two most popular guys amicably but their badass mothafucka employees were too lamebrained to act like decent human beings.

I wonder what the sales of the brown bag special have been.

• Locked thread