Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Venomous posted:

so are the Broken Hardys just not coming back to TNA or

Last I heard their contracts expired and they're free agents right now. Apparently they're touring the indies as part of their storyline quest to win every tag title, but who knows if they'll be back in TNA afterwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Remember when Damien Sandow stopped being Mizdow, cut a passionate promo about "being my own man" and then immediately went into a lovely Macho Man impersonation?

Good times.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Jade is really good and I'm surprised NXT didn't make a bigger push to sign her when they had the chance. Allie is the former Cherry Bomb and has done some good work on the indies before. Rosemary is a better character than wrestler but she's not actively bad.

Is Gail Kim still around? She was still getting some decent matches out of Awesome Kong, who was Khali levels of immobile in her last TNA run.

Benne fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Feb 3, 2017

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I loved the annual TNA tradition where Jeff would get randomly beat down and sell an injury angle, which conveniently always happened right before TNA's UK tour.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Goldust had an awesome run with Cody against the Shield, which almost made up for the garbage he did in the Attitude Era and TNA. Dude was a way better wrestler in 2013-14 than he was in the 90s.

Not even Mizdow reached those heights, and Aron Rex will be lucky to hit even '96 Goldust levels of notoriety.

Benne fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Feb 9, 2017

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Serious question here: If the Hardys do the smart thing and stay the gently caress away from TNA with their contracts expired, would they still have the freedom to do their Broken storyline on the indies or Youtube, or does TNA have the rights to "Broken Matt" and "Brother Nero" and whatnot?

I can't see them coming back with Jeff Jarrett holding the book again, but I at least want them to keep doing their thing. Please don't take this away from me. :(

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
So how long until Jeff Jarrett books himself into a vanity title reign? 3 months?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'd be okay if they cut good wrestlers like Drew, Eddie and Jade, so they can go on to actual good promotions.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Part of me can't wait until TNA kicks Josh Mathews to the curb

Another part of me is afraid they'll hire, like, Joey Styles and commentary will be even worse

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
:lol: this loving company

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Chris James 2 posted:

What incentive does a person have to re-sign? At this point it can't just be TV exposure

The only people left will be the bottom dregs of the roster, who are either too lovely for better promotions or burned their bridges everywhere else.

• Locked thread