Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Why does TNA even exist now that it isn't the most fascist company?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

Jade/Mia Yim (God that name they gave her upsets me so much) is genuinely very good, through I don't know if she's ever been able to show it in TNA. Look up her work in SHIMMER, she's a great fiery babyface

Jade is a very good name please do not insult my friend.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Junpei Hyde posted:

Exoticos are a bad concept and also Aron Rex isnt very good at impersonating gorgeous george.

Go tell that to Cassandro El Exotico.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Aron Rex is so much better than Black Reign despite being thrust into a bunch of matches with a stupid round system.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Just when I was going to start unironically saying TNA is less alt-right than WWE.

Well, I guess they still are but it is closer!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

exploded mummy posted:

considering that every company not named WWE tapes in advance, this really isn't that big a deal and is kind of the actual smart way to do poo poo if you don't have to broadcast it live.

and with where TNA is financially, broadcasting it live is stupid.

I think they're cutting down on the # of tapings in a session. The last two sessions were almost a week long, but that was when they were on shakier ground.

Look at the total lack of buzz for ROH TV and tell me it is somehow a good thing to have a month of TV in the can. TNA did something sort of kind of buzz worthy at the tapings a month ago and it hasn't even aired yet. No one gives a poo poo now.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Historically I can't think of a single show that is as out of date as TNA and was really successful except for WWF TV in the 80s. I think they only taped 4-5 weeks out too. Memphis did 90 minutes weekly. Crockett did weekly tapings every Wednesday, I think Mid South did weekly tapings, as did Portland, St. Louis, Hawaii and pretty much every other territory I can think of.Those kind of tapings wouldn't be cost effective anymore but taping two months out is never going to produce gripping TV. It feels stale before you see it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

whiteyfats posted:

Jarret is fine as a upper mid-carder, he's just not a main eventer.

No he wasn't, his upper mid carder career was mostly boring and awful. He had a good feud with Angle with some funny MMA skits.

The actual consistently funny upper mid card act was Lex Luger who was loving hilarious as a heel in 1995-6 and 1999. People must just confuse blondes.

whiteyfats posted:

At the lowest point, Nitro was still doubling or tripling TNA's best ratings. That's insane.

The difference in ratings between the lowest Nitro and best Impact is .3-.4 depending how you round. Near the end Nitro was regularly doing a 2.1, TNA's best run had some regular 1.3s, so it's not even close to double even if you take out the outliers.

Alain Post posted:

HHH was never a draw.

Drawing a huge Rumble buyrate after Directv pulled out and a million buys vs Batista = NEVER A DRAW.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Feb 18, 2017

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Vince McMahon is pals with Trump and his wife is on his cabinet but he knows not to associate his current product with Trump.

Jeff Jarrett is a dumb gently caress who thinks it will be a great idea.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

RealFoxy posted:

There's no way he can do worse for TNA than Hogan did (Who took it at its peak and sunk it) or Dixie (Who lost like three TV deals)

Given TNA's peak was early 2008 and Hogan didn't arrive until late 2009, that is not accurate.

Unless you meant creative wise... then TNA's peak was in 2005.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

RealFoxy posted:

TNA still had the roster to be good in mid-late 2009 but they were just coasting. Hogan did more harm than good. I can't imagine what Paul Heyman's TNA would have been but Dixie wouldn't let him have full creative control or something stupid.

After 2003 TNA pretty much always had a roster to be good until just a couple years ago.

They just had Jeff Jarrett in charge of creative for ten years and it was always bad. The buck stopped with Jarrett in creative for about a decade, he's the one the blame falls on.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Imagine being stupid enough to have Vince Russo book all that dumb poo poo and go "yeah this is all stellar." That's Jeff Jarrett.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

That Raven match in terms of an in ring burial was worse than HHH/Booker. In storyline HHH/Booker was worse but lol at Raven/Jarrett

The cool thing is Raven wasn't the NWA champion in that match so he means other matches! I assume the joke is that we have no idea which but he might have one in mind and I just can't tell because that describes so many.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

whiteyfats posted:

Like 2007 to 2011 or so, seems like the Fed had so many things that caught that they went out of their way to gently caress up. They had something with Nexus, and managed to gently caress it all up.

Luckily it had been hosed up months before and Cena no selling a DDT and winning a match had nothing to do with it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

whiteyfats posted:

It wasn't beyond redemption until then, I feel.

It had never made a ratings difference and that show underperformed on PPV. The feud only really meant anything business wise when it became Cena vs Barrett.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

whiteyfats posted:

"A reverse battle royal match with the girls... gently caress you, Vince Russo, just gently caress you."

Reverse CAGE MATCH with the girls!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

flashy_mcflash posted:

Weddings usually pop a rating but TNAs was good for 275K viewers yesterday.

My favorite TNA thing is when they do something people say is good and ratings go down.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Please post gifs of Jarrett's zero-effort pin kickouts.

Trigger warnings please.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

LividLiquid posted:

Sincerely, is there a nice way for me to ask you not to do this that won't become a big internet forum argument?

Don't worry no one has irony levels high enough to argue in favor of JJ's kickouts.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ok I want this company to die again.

Without Dixie it's got nothing.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gonzo McFee posted:

It's Hogan's old kick out.

Hogan didn't look so casual about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Here is a comprehensive list of every American wrestling promotion that became profitable after cutting costs to stop losing money year after year:

• Locked thread