Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Tato posted:

Idol Stevens/Damien Sandow/Aron Rex is always saying it's time for him to show the "real him" and then just does another impersonation of some other past wrestler. Perhaps they'll reveal there is no "real" Aron Rex and he's a sociopath with split personalities

I have this mental image of Aron Rex having a tea party with Dixie Carter's severed head now, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Christy Hemme was on creative before her so that doesn't surprise me.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

now that Lagana's gone, maybe the writing won't be terrible?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

STAC Goat posted:

Its really remarkable how bad a gimmick Aron Rex has. I'm pretty sure I'm buying the shoot interview or listening to the podcast where he explains this gimmick because I just need to try and understand what he thinks is happening here.

Its the kind of thing would have been a great heat magnet 20 years ago that has 0 resonance nowadays. I mean people are like "ugh, Aron Rex" but no one's like "Ugh, Aron Rex, I totally bought tickets to watch Davey Richards cripple him"

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

wait AAA still has ties to TNA? I thought Konnan kiboshed that.

E: I'm not surprised if Russo is in the mix. He and JJ must have read the bible together awesomely once or something.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm not even sure Canada would let Russo in, much less allow him to work.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

plus on the old WWF tapings you could see when they were at the end of events and the crowd was just fuckin swaying from exhaustions

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I remember Luke Gallows getting paid to do absolutely nothing but drink and it was awesome.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Pro wrestling has always been a way for socially disgraced people to engage in humanizing PR.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Grendels Dad posted:

Does the wrestling industry in general give a single poo poo about TNA? They seemed to be in their own little microcosm of terribleness for years now, it's like saying Troma affects the movie business except that Troma is good.

TNA's deals are appetizing for people that don't want huge time commitments or the hassle of being WWE Property.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

i lick schedule.

This company is incapable of doing anything right and it oscillates on the endearing to infuriating scale.

coconono fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Feb 20, 2017

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Grendels Dad posted:

Do we know who had the idea for the Sarah Palin impersonator? Maybe Jarrett just loves awful politicians.

that was Daffney as Palin.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jason Sextro posted:

since the discussion has gone to terrible Jeff Jarrett overbooking, now I have to wonder: which was worse, the King of the Mountain match or the Reverse Battle Royale?

King of the Mountain made sense in a oh god I drank all these energy drinks and I can sound now kind of way.

Reverse Battle Royal was just stupid and no one knew how to work it.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Ostentatious posted:

"Jeff Jarrett is my favorite wrestle" - said no one

I remember seeing slap nuts stuff everywhere when I was super young. I don't know if wcw pushed it super hard or if i am hallucinating

C-C-C-Chosen One

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Literally the only time Jeff Jarrett was over in his entire career was when fans would pop for Debra's chest and he happened to be standing nearby

how Debra didn't get a sponsorship with Wonderbra is beyond me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

even Raven thought that kickout was bullshit

• Locked thread